BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

06-18-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
Nate1616
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Where are all the deals coming from?

Hey guys, I currently have a 2014 Audi RS5 and am looking into getting into a 2015/16 i8. I've been looking around the forum and see all these fantastic deals being posted but all the deals I've been getting have been close to insane if what you guys on the forum is saying is true. I've been getting deals like $17k down $1,200 per month. $6k down $1500-ish per month.

Anyone have any leads to any good deals or good sales people?

any help would be great. I look forward to hopefully joining you guys soon!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 04:37 PM   #2
Anticide
Rep
Drives: BMW

it was like that for me too when I started out a lot of the dealers are just posting absurd figures for a vehicle that simply has little to no demand lol I was tempted to teach them a simple lesson of supply and demand which many clearly don't seem to understand. If you can't get one now don't worry about it the hoards of 2016s will come around and hopefully then the dealers will have a bit of sense
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2016, 06:36 PM   #3
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticide
it was like that for me too when I started out a lot of the dealers are just posting absurd figures for a vehicle that simply has little to no demand lol I was tempted to teach them a simple lesson of supply and demand which many clearly don't seem to understand. If you can't get one now don't worry about it the hoards of 2016s will come around and hopefully then the dealers will have a bit of sense
Likely won't happen. The logistics issues that caused a lot of 15s destined for other markets land in the North American market are unlikely to happen again. Add to that the fact that BMW is back to producing only 7 per day and that 15s are not eligible for leases after the end of this month and you have to reconsider your view on these lease deals. The issue was never demand, it was oversupply of the North American market due to issues in other markets, without those issues BMW might not be as compelled to offer those too good to be true deals any longer. I guess we will see. OP's best bet is to try find a 15 stuck in limbo and lease it before the end of the month.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0