BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

06-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #23
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Just seeing this! Good question, we don't know at this point... Typical LSU, can seem to recruit lots of talent at WR that develops and moves to the NFL but we can't seem to develop a decent QB.

Myles Brennan is a true sophomore with very limited game experience. We signed Joe Burrow when he left Ohio St. but don't know much about him other than he couldn't win the starting job at OSU!

Bottom line, going to be a rough year for Coach O in his second full season as head coach.
If he couldn't win the starting job at Ohio State...then he's A-Okay for LSU then
      06-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #24
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
If he couldn't win the starting job at Ohio State...then he's A-Okay for LSU then
Hahaha! So true though he's likely still an upgrade for us...
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      06-25-2018, 01:54 PM   #25
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranck View Post
Pitt is going to win the National Championship in both football and basketball this year!
though I have to admit...some of us may need your assistance later in the year in beating Clemson/Miami/FSU, but not all once please...
      06-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #26
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha! So true though he's likely still an upgrade for us...
to be honest, I knew Joe Borrow was not going to work out. His style does not fit with the offense. He is nowhere close to a legitimate read option runner, so he'll hurt our running game. What you're getting is a very high football IQ guy who can throw the deep ball. What more do you want in a QB?
      06-25-2018, 02:53 PM   #27
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Quote:
Just seeing this! Good question, we don't know at this point... Typical LSU, can seem to recruit lots of talent at WR that develops and moves to the NFL but we can't seem to develop a decent QB.

Myles Brennan is a true sophomore with very limited game experience. We signed Joe Burrow when he left Ohio St. but don't know much about him other than he couldn't win the starting job at OSU!

Bottom line, going to be a rough year for Coach O in his second full season as head coach.
Sometimes transfers work out, but for every Cam Newton there are probably 50 Brock Berlin's.
      06-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #28
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
to be honest, I knew Joe Borrow was not going to work out. His style does not fit with the offense. He is nowhere close to a legitimate read option runner, so he'll hurt our running game. What you're getting is a very high football IQ guy who can throw the deep ball. What more do you want in a QB?
Fair enough! We don't run much read option down here so maybe he'll be a good fit for us.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #29
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Sometimes transfers work out, but for every Cam Newton there are probably 50 Brock Berlin's.
rofl....Brock Berlin...haven't heard that name for a while!
      07-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #30
neliconcept
Fashion Photographer
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Clemson fan here, hoping that we can take the crown home again. DL is stacked and not just the starters either. OL should be better than last year so I'm hopeful!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #31
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Urban Meyer on paid leave a month before the season starts while the school investigates what he knew about assistant coach’s domestic violence situation. Haven’t really followed the situation closely so was surprised to see.
      08-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #32
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Urban Meyer on paid leave a month before the season starts while the school investigates what he knew about assistant coach’s domestic violence situation. Haven’t really followed the situation closely so was surprised to see.
it's all for show... he'll be back in the saddle by Monday.
      08-01-2018, 06:43 PM   #33
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Urban Meyer on paid leave a month before the season starts while the school investigates what he knew about assistant coach’s domestic violence situation.
Same ol' Urban.

Ask some Gator fans just how much this guy will turn a blind eye to in the name of winning.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #34
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's all for show... he'll be back in the saddle by Monday.
If that’s what happens it will look like a sham of an investigation.
      08-01-2018, 09:50 PM   #35
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Quote:
Investigation = determine how much backlash we will get for keeping the guy around

Also, Harbaugh and Franklin just got really excited.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 01:07 AM   #36
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

I'm a bit confused on what the issue is here... I've deducted it down to 3 things....all 3 only issues if you ASSUME Urban knew about 2015 than he led on.

1. Title IX violation. Title IX is part of the Civil Rights Act that makes it illegal to bar a victim's equal access to educational benefits at a school. The common issue is a female student is assaulted (usually sexual, but doesn't have to be) or harassed on campus or by someone at the school and the school turns a blind eye to it and she is too scared or distraught to return. Cough cough...Jameis Winston situation. Was the victim in this case a student or someone getting educational benefits? Uhhh...no.

2. There may be State law that requires reporting of certain crimes. The police already had a police report for the assault in question, which btw is alleged, bc no charges were filed. So was he supposed to report a crime to police that was already reported? And who was he supposed to report this to?

3. Which brings us to the last point. Urban Meyer is a hypocrite. The coach had a 2009 assault which Urban's family and victim's family (including the coach in question) worked out through counseling. He sold his program on a set of core values including domestic assault. So he's a hypocrite. So walk me through the mental gymnastics exercise required to fire him over being a hypocrite.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 05:41 AM   #37
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Presumably, if the allegations about Smith were enough to get him fired once publicly acknowledged by Meyer, and Meyer knew about the allegations sooner, that would imply he covered it up to avoid firing Smith earlier. That is on top of the issue OSU is dealing with now over the former doctor, which I also haven’t followed that closely. No idea how it will turn out, but expect it will require a full investigation to clear him in some way / offer an explanation about why Smith wasn’t fired sooner in order for Meyer to stay. If they do a quick suspension and reinstatement without a good story OSU will get skewered. I’m not giving an opinion on whether he should or should not be fired as I have not followed the case closely, but answering the question about mental gymnastics and what I perceive to be the issue for Meyer and OSU here.
      08-02-2018, 06:07 AM   #38
Mamyf30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

Scum keeps oozing from Ohio State University. The Ohio State doctor, Zach Smith and no surprise here now Urban Meyer lol....certain Meyer knew about Smith, lied and possibly covered for that pos...Meyer should be disciplined for it...he’s known for the same deadbeat leadership/role model back in Florida

Last edited by Mamyf30; 08-02-2018 at 06:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #39
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

A sticky is the fact that the victim sent Mrs. Meyers pics of injuries. (At least I think that's what the pics were of)
That's a problem.
      08-02-2018, 08:39 AM   #40
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
I'm a bit confused on what the issue is here... I've deducted it down to 3 things....all 3 only issues if you ASSUME Urban knew about 2015 than he led on.

1. Title IX violation. Title IX is part of the Civil Rights Act that makes it illegal to bar a victim's equal access to educational benefits at a school. The common issue is a female student is assaulted (usually sexual, but doesn't have to be) or harassed on campus or by someone at the school and the school turns a blind eye to it and she is too scared or distraught to return. Cough cough...Jameis Winston situation. Was the victim in this case a student or someone getting educational benefits? Uhhh...no.

2. There may be State law that requires reporting of certain crimes. The police already had a police report for the assault in question, which btw is alleged, bc no charges were filed. So was he supposed to report a crime to police that was already reported? And who was he supposed to report this to?

3. Which brings us to the last point. Urban Meyer is a hypocrite. The coach had a 2009 assault which Urban's family and victim's family (including the coach in question) worked out through counseling. He sold his program on a set of core values including domestic assault. So he's a hypocrite. So walk me through the mental gymnastics exercise required to fire him over being a hypocrite.
IIRC OSU has an additional requirement of faculty to report abuse. It's a condition of employment. Meyer, his wife, and possibly the coaching staff could have violated that part of their employment contract. (UF probably has similar.)

The lack of charges doesn't mean that the physical abuse didn't occur. There are police reports (some allegedly modified after the fact) for every call since 2009.

Meyer made a deal with the devil by keeping this guy on his staff all these years.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 09:54 AM   #41
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Same ol' Urban.

Ask some Gator fans just how much this guy will turn a blind eye to in the name of winning.
Yup, he always been scum.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #42
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
IIRC OSU has an additional requirement of faculty to report abuse. It's a condition of employment. Meyer, his wife, and possibly the coaching staff could have violated that part of their employment contract. (UF probably has similar.)

The lack of charges doesn't mean that the physical abuse didn't occur. There are police reports (some allegedly modified after the fact) for every call since 2009.

Meyer made a deal with the devil by keeping this guy on his staff all these years.
let me tell you about this additional requirement...aka the University policy on Misconduct. It also applies to volunteers, vendors and visitors of the university. That's right, by you stepping foot on campus, you're bound by the need to report these situations. The misconduct policy goes above and beyond the basic Title IX requirements and puts a lot of responsibilities on people in leadership positions, when there isn't a proper training put in place to even define what is covered or not. Because I'm guessing he may have broken school code, and that's about it.

My point is this the university has to also look at itself and ask what they're all about and does some the requirement become too onerous.

All this goes out of the window of course if Urban actually knew and decided to cover it up.
      08-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #43
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
A sticky is the fact that the victim sent Mrs. Meyers pics of injuries. (At least I think that's what the pics were of)
That's a problem.
I think the more sticky situation is that the victim claims "all the other coaches' wives knew". Which is a pretty big statement.

I'm guessing this whole administrative leave thing is Ohio State calling "all the other coaches' wives" and the coaches to ask about their knowledge of the 2015 incident and whether any of them told Urban. The truth will come out eventually.

Frankly, if Urban actually knew in 2015, he simply shouldn't have lied about it. He should have said that he has always been aware of the issue, and decided no action was needed at the time because charges were not filed and ____________, and that in similar situations (Carlos Hyde), he waits for charges to be pressed/dropped before taking formal action. Boom, consistency...you can still be called a hypocrite regarding your "core values", but at least you have a consistent story.

So ultimately, if it's shown that he lied...then so what? He's a liar and a hypocrite and broke university code. I'll be hard pressed to find it as core reasons to fire someone. Suspend him? Sure...heck suspend him for the whole season...
      08-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #44
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Folks, Urban is done at OSU.

We are living in the #MeToo era, and this is all the talking heads on ESPN and ESPN2 shows have been discussing all morning. This paid administrative leave/investigation is just to allow OSU to assess public sentiment (not good) and then get their legal ducks in a row for his firing.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3539.50