Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

05-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Indy500 Question

Hey gang, I don't follow neither Nascar nor IRL, but always watch Indy500. Obviously, I'm a little ignorant of everything that goes on, but I'd like to know what happened with the Andretti team that Michael said he had no words to describe how he felt 2 of his guys couldn't make it. Apparently Marco had something to do with that, but couldn't find anything. Only video I found said 'Marco qualified but at a price'. And yes, I know Danica qualified as well (barely though). Just curious what happened, since it appeared to be a big deal. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
takashin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 YMB F82 M4

Marco, Danica, and John qualified. Ryan Hunter Reay didn't, but Andretti bought a spot for him from AJ Foyt (for an undisclosed amount of money) to take Bruno Junquiera's seat.

I'd say the trouble came when Danica and Ryan Hunter Reay had to try and pull it together for bump day.

Sim De Silvestro seems to be the hero of this Indy 500, having crashed her car on Thursday before qualifying then coming back to qualify in good form with bandages on her hands.
Appreciate 0