BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

Closed Thread

10-15-2021, 07:17 AM   #89
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Some of you may have noticed as of yesterday Kyrie "man of conviction" Irving stated that he thought he would be exempt by the NBA from getting vaccinated.

Does anyone see what has changed? He has NOW realized he will lose a lot of money if he continues down this path. In other words, he didn't think the league or team had the balls to call him on his bluff. He had absolutely no intention of losing millions of dollars. Let's see how much longer you believe him and his conviction. Lol.
Appreciate 1
tdott3930.50
      10-15-2021, 07:20 AM   #90
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
That’s always your sides go to when someone has the audacity to have different beliefs than you. I love how this guy in the video mocks this standard, you must be a “flat earther ” answer that comes from God haters.
Nope, sorry Patton that is not MY go-to at all. I know no one personally that believes the earth is flat, not even an acquaintance. I referenced that for those that may not be familiar with how whack this guy really is and his history of being controversial, that's all. For your sake, I hope you don't go on about how earth is in fact flat. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 08:13 AM   #91
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Some of you may have noticed as of yesterday Kyrie "man of conviction" Irving stated that he thought he would be exempt by the NBA from getting vaccinated.

Does anyone see what has changed? He has NOW realized he will lose a lot of money if he continues down this path. In other words, he didn't think the league or team had the balls to call him on his bluff. He had absolutely no intention of losing millions of dollars. Let's see how much longer you believe him and his conviction. Lol.
So you think their side is "right" because they can blackmail someone into doing something they do not want to do? This makes you "proud" that someone can be forced into submission because his livelihood can be taken away from him if he does not conform?

And yet you wonder why some people fear the power the mob can wield when "mandates" get tossed around?

Let me guess, you were secretly sad Joe Rogan recovered just fine with his red pill IV fluids? It amazes me how happy some people get when the "right" person gets this virus they claim to hate and suffers from it, just to prove they are right. Kind of reminds me of people who wish their own economy will crash so they can say the leader they did not vote for is failing.
      10-15-2021, 08:47 AM   #92
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
So you think their side is "right" because they can blackmail someone into doing something they do not want to do? This makes you "proud" that someone can be forced into submission because his livelihood can be taken away from him if he does not conform?

And yet you wonder why some people fear the power the mob can wield when "mandates" get tossed around?

Let me guess, you were secretly sad Joe Rogan recovered just fine with his red pill IV fluids? It amazes me how happy some people get when the "right" person gets this virus they claim to hate and suffers from it, just to prove they are right. Kind of reminds me of people who wish their own economy will crash so they can say the leader they did not vote for is failing.
Dude, you are WAY off track here in terms of my personal opinion. I don't give 2 shits about Joe Rogan and his name was never even mentioned here so I'm not sure why you're bringing that up now.

I specifically referenced social media and that's it because you seemed to care enough what would happen if you posted on either of those two platforms (FB, Twitter). Between you and a few others here, you need to take a chill pill I think. It's not all some big conspiracy and people are out to get you and your personal beliefs. I'm fine with people choosing not to get vaccinated now. I was originally posting about Kyrie Irving and his situation with the Nets.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #93
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Yea I am not going to justify your word salad with my time.

If you don't understand how lower amounts of testing results in a lower number of cases being reporting, I can't help you.

I never mentioned anything about vaccines or treatment. I never commented on how either country was handling covid aside from 2 factual points, the population numbers, and the number of tests and positive cases. Yet you make a lot of assumptions and strayed away from the point of debate.

Carry on with your 'what-about-ism'.

Have a good day.

I was tested 6 times. I know people who tested every day for work, a friend-kinda flakey one at that-got tested 9 times--they thought their asthma and allergies were covid. 9 times in 1 month.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 11:17 AM   #94
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Dude, you are WAY off track here in terms of my personal opinion. I don't give 2 shits about Joe Rogan and his name was never even mentioned here so I'm not sure why you're bringing that up now.

I specifically referenced social media and that's it because you seemed to care enough what would happen if you posted on either of those two platforms (FB, Twitter). Between you and a few others here, you need to take a chill pill I think. It's not all some big conspiracy and people are out to get you and your personal beliefs. I'm fine with people choosing not to get vaccinated now. I was originally posting about Kyrie Irving and his situation with the Nets.

You are right - thanks for reminding me why I told myself to never come into these types treads again no matter how bored I am.

#sticktocarsandbehappy
      10-15-2021, 11:47 AM   #95
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
You are right - thanks for reminding me why I told myself to never come into these types treads again no matter how bored I am.

#sticktocarsandbehappy
That's your prerogative of course but I just want to point out something which led to my reaction to your post.

You came out of nowhere and stated that I'm proud of someone being being forced into submission. That statement alone is head scratching to say the least. I in no way, shape or form said that. I also did not say anything remotely related to "blackmail". You seem to not fully understand what that even means. His situation with the NBA and Nets organization has zero to do with anyone blackmailing him. Without getting deep into contractual obligations, he is being paid to play basketball. If he doesn't play basketball, he doesn't get paid. Why should he?

Another assumption you made is something along the lines of a mob mentality. Again, I didn't state anything of the sort, you did.

unluky I personally have nothing against you and as far as I know, it goes the other way as well. I just feel compelled to point out when people accuse others of something that is simply incorrect.

I do agree with your last remark about sticking to cars and being happy. Regardless of political and/or religious views, we can all appreciate that I'm pretty sure. We sometimes forget that is probably what brought most of us to BP to begin with.
Appreciate 1
vanguard8245.50
Closed Thread