Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

11-01-2021, 08:17 PM   #155
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Anyway, Tesla has great marketing but their vision and ADAS is not the most advanced in the industry. It's the most dangerous in the industry.
Trying to educate Tesla enthusiasts about facts is futile.

The best defense is to stay away from them.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 09:39 PM   #156
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
…The best defense is to stay away from them.
Ironic that you don’t take your own advice!

Back on topic, it seems that at street speeds (<100 mph) the Tesla is quicker. That’s what 1000 lbs. less weight will do.

Last edited by ZCD1; 11-01-2021 at 09:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 11:28 PM   #157
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCD1 View Post
Quote:
Chevy Bolt I bought for my daughter has a better value proposition...
Chevy Bolt?!?!? Oh, you mean the car with a battery flaw so dangerous that EVERY ONE EVER MADE was recalled?!?

Oh yeah - great value there.

Back on topic, why are you posting about not caring about acceleration in a thread dedicated to comparing the acceleration of a Tesla and a BMW?!?
So for the record I was talking about value proposition. If it was just about the acceleration times people wouldn't have been touting and extolling the greatness of Tesla FSD that isn't.

But based on your tone, I can tell you are a Tesla fan boy.

Also there have been a total of 14 Bolt fires and there is no tracking of cells in the battery packs, so even Tesla doesn't have tracking at that level. So in an abundance of caution, because GM, unlike Tesla, contacts the NHTSA and does real recalls for both hardware and software.

We won't talk about Tesla and Home Depot crap under the hood. The glass roof flying off. Cars running into emergency vehicles when on autopilot. Cars mistaking the moon for yellow traffic lights.

You cannot think you can come to a BMW forum and spout pro Tesla Propaganda and not get checked

There is more to a car than 0-60. Also at sub 4 second times, if you blink you lose anyway. I don't see myself doing stop light races in my it M50. I do see myself in a lot more luxury and comfort than a TM3 though.
      11-01-2021, 11:36 PM   #158
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
There is more to a car than 0-60. Also at sub 4 second times, if you blink you lose anyway. I don't see myself doing stop light races in my it M50. I do see myself in a lot more luxury and comfort than a TM3 though.
And your passengers, and the others drivers on the roads(like myself and my family), and CHP thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 11:39 PM   #159
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Back on topic, it seems that at street speeds (<100 mph) the Tesla is quicker. That’s what 1000 lbs. less weight will do.
Yes most of family and friends(and myself!) do take my advice to stay away from Tesla cars, u may consider that advice too, by not driving your Tesla.

1000lb weight reduction of Tesla comes at a cost that most Tesla owners do not realize, and that's most unfortunate.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:15 AM   #160
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes most of family and friends(and myself!) do take my advice to stay away from Tesla cars, u may consider that advice too, by not driving your Tesla.

1000lb weight reduction of Tesla comes at a cost that most Tesla owners do not realize, and that's most unfortunate.
Tesla.ownwrs keep coming back and all they can claim is that the TM3 weighs less and is quicker.

They say nothing about adaptive suspension. oh, doesn't have that.

Nothing about creature comfort.

Noting about lighting at night. Just for the record BMW is better.

anyway...
      11-02-2021, 09:26 AM   #161
Acturater
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:

What is your end game to this convo? You’ve apparently established the performance metrics of each vehicle per the thread title. What’s left?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 10:50 AM   #162
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Tesla.ownwrs keep coming back and all they can claim is that the TM3 weighs less and is quicker.

anyway...
It is good that Tesla starts to do safety recall per NHTSA inquiries.

I think Tesla owners(and TSLA owners) should demand NHTSA to subpoena all Tesla OTA data and figure how many safety recalls were secretly done, the general public wants to know the truth!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 11:45 AM   #163
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

anyway...
It is good that Tesla starts to do safety recall per NHTSA inquiries.

I think Tesla owners(and TSLA owners) should demand NHTSA to subpoena all Tesla OTA data and figure how many safety recalls were secretly done, the general public wants to know the truth!
They do safety related software updates with no NHTSA notification.

No thanks.
      11-02-2021, 01:04 PM   #164
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
They do safety related software updates with no NHTSA notification.

No thanks.
This recall was announced today.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ot-recall-fix/
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 05:45 PM   #165
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

I cannot be sure of anyone's true intent/"end game" on these threads. But, when I read that someone thinks street driving speeds go up to 100mph, I see no further reason to engage on any topic.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 07:15 PM   #166
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
But...I see no further reason to engage on any topic.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 07:49 PM   #167
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The horse's name is "Sanity".
Hi Mayim I'll take sanity for $2000........

What is it with Tesla fan boys?
It may we'll have been the first widely adopted EV.but that doesn't make it the best. Sales numbers don't make it best. It makes it popular.

I don't buy cars for a popularity contest.
I also don't buy cars for a single aspect.

0-60 is just one small thing that I don't even care about. I'm not an 18 year old stop light racer.
      11-02-2021, 07:55 PM   #168
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Hi Mayim I'll take sanity for $2000........

What is it with Tesla fan boys?
It may we'll have been the first widely adopted EV.but that doesn't make it the best. Sales numbers don't make it best. It makes it popular.

I don't buy cars for a popularity contest.
I also don't buy cars for a single aspect.

0-60 is just one small thing that I don't even care about. I'm not an 18 year old stop light racer.
I deleted my post. It was a quip, but I realized is was pointless.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 07:59 PM   #169
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Interesting watching both your and your friend immediately ignoring your previously stated intention of “not interacting”.

But keep it up; keep self-owning. The contradiction/cognitive dissonance is hilarious to witness.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 08:02 PM   #170
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
0-60 is just one small thing that I don't even care about...
So again, WTH is your purpose in posting in a thread that’s about acceleration?!?

Oh, right - “owning” anyone who dares to question BMW. LOL!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 08:51 PM   #171
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
0-60 is just one small thing that I don't even care about...
So again, WTH is your purpose in posting in a thread that's about acceleration?!?

Oh, right - "owning" anyone who dares to question BMW. LOL!!!
Because in the 8 pages of this thread we have talked about ADAS, reliability, safety, options and just about everything else.

And no, just making sure Tesla fan boys don't corrupt the BMW environment with fake Elon propaganda.

So are you the thread police?
      11-02-2021, 08:53 PM   #172
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Interesting watching both your and your friend immediately ignoring your previously stated intention of “not interacting”.

But keep it up; keep self-owning. The contradiction/cognitive dissonance is hilarious to witness.
Non-consequential interacting on a public forum is all-OK, but honestly staying away from reckless Tesla drivers on public roads is great self defense that my friends and family(including the not-so-reckless Tesla folks) subscribe to.

And do realize the thread title of 0-220kmh is on closed tracks with pro/semi-pro drivers, not for amateur drivers that risk everyone's lives on public roads.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 08:59 PM   #173
Acturater
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
So again, WTH is your purpose in posting in a thread that’s about acceleration?!?

Oh, right - “owning” anyone who dares to question BMW. LOL!!!
Dude just move on. Good natured debate is fine. What u r doing is being toxic. If u enjoy driving your TM3 as much as u claim why don’t u go get behind the wheel instead of posting in a BMW forum for a model that won’t even ship this year. Otherwise it’s pretty clear u dont actually enjoy it as much as u profess. That would actually explain a lot.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2021, 09:37 PM   #174
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And no, just making sure Tesla fan boys don't corrupt the BMW environment with fake Elon propaganda.

So are you the thread police?
Ummm, no, but I guess you are??
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 09:39 PM   #175
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acturater View Post
Good natured debate is fine. ...

Please, by all means, show me the "good natured debate" from any of the BMW fanbois in this thread...

Go ahead, I'll wait.....
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 10:00 PM   #176
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acturater View Post
Dude just move on. Good natured debate is fine. What u r doing is being toxic. If u enjoy driving your TM3 as much as u claim why don’t u go get behind the wheel instead of posting in a BMW forum for a model that won’t even ship this year. Otherwise it’s pretty clear u dont actually enjoy it as much as u profess. That would actually explain a lot.
Unfortunately there are several friends that are in that group and quietly swapped out their Tesla's for something else. It does take some self reflections on their parts to leave behind the hypes, but it can be done.
Appreciate 0