Garage List
Question Plan to buy a i3s fully loaded

I would like to hear about your experiences with:
- Moonroof
- Parking assistant
- Driving assistant professional
- Adding a tow/hitch for bike transport
- Roof loading (sea suckers etc)

Any issues with "seasickness"? I experienced that on pre i3s versions. Feel better with i3s in SPORT mode.
      06-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
PBNB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3 REX

I like the moonroof, I wish I had one on my i3

I don't like the parking assist as it gets too close to the curbs and rubs the rims on them

I rarely use the ACC as it just seems to work sometimes and other times not so much, I Just use my foot to control the speed now.

There is a rear mounted hitch that you can get. I have seen one on this site that is used for bikes.

There have been reports of some blistering of the carbon fibre top coat on the roof. Sea Suckers might not work well in this case or maybe they will make this condition show up.

We had the seasick feeling when we first got the car. Now that we are used to it, those feelings don't occur.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

When I ordered my i3 back in 2014 I checked every box.

Problem was in the 3 years I owned it I never used the Auto cruise and the parking assistant front the teck package. So that was a wast of money but at least i knew I had it

The upgraded speakers are a must and the better Navi system .
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #4
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trued View Post
I would like to hear about your experiences with:
- Moonroof
- Parking assistant
- Driving assistant professional
- Adding a tow/hitch for bike transport
- Roof loading (sea suckers etc)

Any issues with "seasickness"? I experienced that on pre i3s versions. Feel better with i3s in SPORT mode.
Tjena kan svara lite jag åt dig men tar det på engelska för att vara schysst mot dem andra.

So basically my experience so far with the car is this

-Moonroof (cant say much don't have one) Had one on my m235i and after a sort time if it was a certain type of weather it would make squeaky weird noises.

Also good to know is when you choose moonroof you won't have the carbon fiber roof or at least not to my knowledge. So that's a thing to think about.

-Parking assistant haven't used it yet. Had it on another car but never trusted it to much got way to close for my comfort when it comes to curbs.

-Driving assistant now this one is a bit weird i have had loads of issue with my active cruise control. It shut it self down in a lot of situations for example in the morning sun, it shut it self down, when reflective lights hits a road sign an bounces back it shut it self of, it also shut it self of if a car is standing in a bus pocket it reacts to it and shut it self down. So for me it hasn't been the most reliable thing in the world. Se picture below this is around 05.00 in the morning and it shut it self of no traffic no nothing on the road just me and the sun.

Can't comment on tow hitch nor roof loading, but the car is surprisingly roomy when it comes to loading stuff with the seats folded.

Another tip i can give you is get the front covered with some form of protection film like xpeel it is super sensitive, I have protection film on my car on the front, a-pillars, mirror caps and the loading shelf on the back of the car to avoid damage when loading.

Also when washing the car for the love of god now this is more of a BMW phenomen empty the side mirrors after a wash or you are in for a world of pain in the as with the mirror caps dropping water all over the car especially dirty water.

That's a few thing i can remember.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0