Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Regarding the ACC

Hey guys!

I was wondering about the adaptive cruise control on our cars, how do you experience it when it comes to the electric range.

Cause i am wondering if you put the car in ECO Pro does it behave differently then in regular mode like Comfort or Sport?

Shouldn't the ACC prefer driving with ECO Style when in ECO pro mode? Or is the driver the prefered choice if you want to do some highway miles with it?

Just something i was thinking of when testing it out on the highway cause it does idd break rather hard when a car shifts into your own lade, as a human driver you can anticipate the action of your fellow drivers but the ACC has a hard time doing that.

Or is the human always the prefered choice when it comes driving as ECO friendly as possible compared to the ACC. At least in the I3 that we have.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
I use ACC on my commute daily. The "adaptive cruise control" part, not the steering part provided by Traffic Jam Assist (TJA). It's decent but anytime I'm driving toward the sun it shuts off. Guessing too much glare. It works the same with whatever mode the car is in from what I can tell. Its not very aggressive at all even in the shortest distance setting. The problem in traffic though is everyone will cut in front of you. In the shortest follow distance it does break way late. Its kind of scary late so I usually leave it at level 2/3 follow distance. Its old tech so stop and go isn't good. But following at highway speed sitting in the middle lane, it's fine. I only take over when I see someone signaling to turn into my lane when I know the car won't catch it early enough. I do find I use it a lot more than I first thought I would. Its nice to have. Set it and forget it most of the time when there isn't traffic.
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      09-03-2019, 06:55 PM   #3
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
ACC seems to follow the eco settings on acceleration. When leaving a stop in Eco Pro mode using ACC, the car in front usually accelerates away much quicker than the i3. In comfort mode, it keeps up much better with the car in front under the same circumstances.

TimeFor - Do you know how to disable the distance control feature of ACC for times when you're driving into the sun? Press and hold the "follow closer" button for ~5 seconds, until the instrument panel alerts that distance control is disabled and turns the cruise icon from red to green.....
jmg18658.50