BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Watches

04-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
M5stalker
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

FS: Audemars Piguet ROO Panda "I" series (Never Worn)

FOR SALE:

Audemars Piguet ROO Panda "I" Series (2014)
With BOX + Papers + 3-Years Warranty
Condition: 100% (UNWORN)

Price US$18,500 (willing to negotiable a little) NO LOW BALL
The item located at Indonesia, willing to meet in Singapore
Additional Shipping costs + Insurance will be added by request (Ship Worldwide)

More pictures click on the link below:
http://thewatchcollections.blogspot.com/

Please PM me for more details
Attached Images

Last edited by M5stalker; 04-26-2014 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
M5stalker
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

image uploaded
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 03:05 AM   #3
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

I'd imagine anyone who can afford an $18,000 watch will gladly pay the full MSRP of $20,000 and buy this watch from an authorized dealer. Saving a measly $2000 probably isn't worth the risk of buying a fake.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
M5stalker
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I'd imagine anyone who can afford an $18,000 watch will gladly pay the full MSRP of $20,000 and buy this watch from an authorized dealer. Saving a measly $2000 probably isn't worth the risk of buying a fake.
Well, I do have all the legit and complete documentation for this watch and it is guaranteed to be Genuine. Also it is stamped by an Overseas Authorized dealer. On the other hand, fake watches do not come with a 3 year international warranty. Fyi, not everyone who can afford $18k watch, willing to get ripped off of the retailed MSRP price($26,000 not $20,000). For the sake of this transaction, I will only do face to face deal for now! Note: I dont mind to do the transaction in the nearest Audemars Piguet Service Centre itself, if it makes it more comfortable. Buy with Confidence, is the key!

To complete this argument, You cant say that my watch is fake without ever owning an AP, because if you do have one, you know which one is real and which one is not.

Last edited by M5stalker; 04-27-2014 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #5
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
I don't know what MSRP is exactly on that watch, but I do know it's not difficult to get an AD to take 10% to 15$ off of MSRP on a Royal Oak/Royal Oak Offshore of any sort seeing as plenty of GMSes offer it for 20% off MSRP.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Only suckers pay retail. My AD gives me 30% off or more on everything. Worth developing a good relationship.

That said preowned is often your best bet. Watch junkies buy stuff, wear it 2-3 times and look to move on.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo88 View Post
Well, I do have all the legit and complete documentation for this watch and it is guaranteed to be Genuine. Also it is stamped by an Overseas Authorized dealer. On the other hand, fake watches do not come with a 3 year international warranty. Fyi, not everyone who can afford $18k watch, willing to get ripped off of the retailed MSRP price($26,000 not $20,000). For the sake of this transaction, I will only do face to face deal for now! Note: I dont mind to do the transaction in the nearest Audemars Piguet Service Centre itself, if it makes it more comfortable. Buy with Confidence, is the key!

To complete this argument, You cant say that my watch is fake without ever owning an AP, because if you do have one, you know which one is real and which one is not.

Well I wish you luck with your sale!

But just out of sheer curiosity, what's the story behind this watch? An analogy with cars would be something as follows -

A guy walks into a Porsche dealership and writes, I don't know, a $120k check for a brand new 911 GT3. The car has never been driven and it somehow exchanges hands with an arbitrary number of people n (where n>=0). And, now it's being sold by the (n+1)(st/th) person for $90k never having been driven.

Why would anybody do that? Let's assume for the sake of simplicity that n = 0 and we're dealing with the original owner. Why did the original owner pay full price for the watch, never wear it, and then sell it at a loss?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

I guess the claim that the watch went "unworn" seems a little dubious to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:11 AM   #9
M5stalker
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
I guess the claim that the watch went "unworn" seems a little dubious to me.
Its suspicious to you but not for my clients, but the fact is, I also owned a watch trading blog here in Indonesia, with a very strong customer relationships and they also gave me a very good reviews.

FYI: I have 2 BNIB Royal Oak Offshores, but one just got sold recently. I actually also have the exact same one for myself, so I guaranteed that this piece is brand new and never worn. The price is interesting here in Indonesia, that is why I can sell it below the discounted retails price, without loosing any money.

To be honest, all of my customers bought their watches off me with confidence, and if you dont have any trust on me, I totally dont mind for not doing business with you. I am the type of person that is not in hassle on selling watches.

The reason why i posted here at bimmerpost, is just to gain more views for my new blog from all over the world. Because bimmerpost has been my community since the past several years.

Thanks for the support. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:11 AM   #10
M5stalker
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Only suckers pay retail. My AD gives me 30% off or more on everything. Worth developing a good relationship.

That said preowned is often your best bet. Watch junkies buy stuff, wear it 2-3 times and look to move on.
Agree
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:12 AM   #11
M5stalker
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I don't know what MSRP is exactly on that watch, but I do know it's not difficult to get an AD to take 10% to 15$ off of MSRP on a Royal Oak/Royal Oak Offshore of any sort seeing as plenty of GMSes offer it for 20% off MSRP.

All the best.
Thanks man
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 07:16 AM   #12
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo88 View Post
Thanks man
NP...I'm always keen to keep things in perspective. With that watch's MSRP of ~$26K (per you; I accept that you are correct), your asking price of $18K seems reasonable. I don't know if it's the best deal being offered right now, but it's certainly not an unfair asking price.

Your proposed offer to transact the sale at an AP AD is an excellent one and, barring any collusion in play, following through on it with a prospective buyer is an excellent way for them to obtain third party confirmation of the watch's authenticity and state of repair. I'm sure it's not lost on you how much risk in involved in paying a private seller that much money and having little recourse if things "go South" after the fact.

Good luck with your sale.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #13
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
NP...I'm always keen to keep things in perspective. With that watch's MSRP of ~$26K (per you; I accept that you are correct), your asking price of $18K seems reasonable. I don't know if it's the best deal being offered right now, but it's certainly not an unfair asking price.

Your proposed offer to transact the sale at an AP AD is an excellent one and, barring any collusion in play, following through on it with a prospective buyer is an excellent way for them to obtain third party confirmation of the watch's authenticity and state of repair. I'm sure it's not lost on you how much risk in involved in paying a private seller that much money and having little recourse if things "go South" after the fact.

All the best.
If you're doing this yourself in the future, as a buyer you should pick the jeweler preferably someone you have a relationship with. The seller should have no problem assuming it's conveniently located.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #14
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
If you're doing this yourself in the future, as a buyer you should pick the jeweler preferably someone you have a relationship with. The seller should have no problem assuming it's conveniently located.
+1

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #15
M5stalker
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:

All the best.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #16
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

It's just like buying a used car. You can buy from a dealer and get a warranty but pay a premium, or you can buy from an individual and hope nothing goes wrong. The best thing to do is deal with an individual for a watch that still has warranty on it. Then you've got a year or whatever that's covered.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #17
OneLastBMW
Sarcasm while you wait.
Rep
Drives: 2017 F33 B58 xDrive

A $20k watch and we are hung up on free shipping? Shipping is not free, it's either rolled up in the price of the watch or it's charged separately. Focus on total cost comparing equal items.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #18
seedyrom
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M240i, X3 20i, 2002, 2002tii

Quote:
Why did the original owner pay full price for the watch, never wear it, and then sell it at a loss?
I’m guessing he looked at it without the beer goggles and thought:
“what the hell is this ugly thing? It looks like someone glued together the scraps left over after a kindergarten craft class. I should sell it and buy an IWC Portugieser“
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #19
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Now that is just plain mean. I was gonna liken it to those Invictas that they have been offering on TV lately (the real danger of insomnia). Styling on these is such an 'acquired taste' that I can't really get very interested, even knowing how technologically wonderful they can be.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #20
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

AP

18K for a brand new ROO Panda is not a bad deal. the 3 year warranty is prob an aftermarket warranty and not AP if you care.

I bought my brand new panda from a dealer around the same price but i have long relationship with them. At the same time i get 30% off most Rolex's also

there are a lot of gray market watches out there and most companies are legit. nothing to worry about if you are dealing in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Now that is just plain mean. I was gonna liken it to those Invictas that they have been offering on TV lately (the real danger of insomnia). Styling on these is such an 'acquired taste' that I can't really get very interested, even knowing how technologically wonderful they can be.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #21
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyrom View Post
“what the hell is this ugly thing? It looks like someone glued together the scraps left over after a kindergarten craft class. I should sell it and buy an IWC Portugieser“
Beer goggles distort other things too? OMG that explains so much.....
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #22
ARKONE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 458; '16 Escalade; '12 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyrom View Post
Ah come on now... Don't have on the AP....

You know what they say about guys that wear an IWC Portugese? They're the beta male that gets cheated on by their wives...
Appreciate 0