Jo-Sta07
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 458, BMW i8, Acura NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Sta07 View Post
I love my i8, but in fantasy land where I could literally drive any amazing car ever made why would I pick one I can afford in the real world :
I'm just repeating to myself over and over, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Also, "I am one with the force, the force is with me."
These forums would be a horribly boring place if everyone followed that rule.
Appreciate 2
SDPLV493.00
      01-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #24
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I love my i8, but in fantasy land where I could literally drive any amazing car ever made why would I pick one I can afford in the real world :
I'm just repeating to myself over and over, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

These forums would be a horribly boring place if everyone followed that rule.
Just take a trip on over to the f8x forum if you need some drama/good laughs.

That's what I do when I need a pick me up
      01-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #25
Tracyis300
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

Quote:
So that you can see how it would look with a aggressive setup or as a off-road rally car?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 10:25 PM   #26
avex8
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 m3, 15 F80 M3, GLC 63

Who wants this slow ass overpriced car
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 11:38 PM   #27
Amgeater2
Major
Rep
Drives: X6M, M8, Mc 600LT, 296GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8 View Post
Here we go again with the hater talk... Is that all you do ?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 11:54 PM   #28
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amgeater2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8 View Post
Here we go again with the hater talk... Is that all you do ?
He's upset that despite its "slow/overpriced"tag it's still not within his price range- let him throw his pouts
      01-04-2017, 03:48 AM   #29
Joe_E
Captain
Rep
Drives: FBO 328i

Rather have the F30
      01-04-2017, 07:57 AM   #30
Raheem
raheemdot
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F40

Quote:
Not to be rude but I don't think you know much about Forza Horizon. The game allows an insane amount of upgradability and tuning to the cars. You can change things such as the drivetrain, perform engine upgrades, switch up the tyres and rims, add spoilers and bumpers and in fact completely change out the engine and also the drivetrain. Ofcourse, I agree not all of this is realistic but it's all in the name of having fun. Also, if you consider the fact that FH3 is set in Australia it really is fun to cruise around with the the i8 through Surfer's Paradise or even The Outback. Also, with the new Blizzard Mountain expansion you can swap out the tyres for winter tyres and trek around the icy hills of Blizzard Mountain with the i8 - I mean how fun does that just sound? But yeah congrats on your i8, I'll give it a good beating in the virtual world.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 07:58 AM   #31
Raheem
raheemdot
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_E View Post
Rather have the F30
They have the F82 if that's any consolation.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #32
Jo-Sta07
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 458, BMW i8, Acura NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem View Post
Quote:
Not to be rude but I don't think you know much about Forza Horizon. The game allows an insane amount of upgradability and tuning to the cars. You can change things such as the drivetrain, perform engine upgrades, switch up the tyres and rims, add spoilers and bumpers and in fact completely change out the engine and also the drivetrain. Ofcourse, I agree not all of this is realistic but it's all in the name of having fun. Also, if you consider the fact that FH3 is set in Australia it really is fun to cruise around with the the i8 through Surfer's Paradise or even The Outback. Also, with the new Blizzard Mountain expansion you can swap out the tyres for winter tyres and trek around the icy hills of Blizzard Mountain with the i8 - I mean how fun does that just sound? But yeah congrats on your i8, I'll give it a good beating in the virtual world.
You're completely right I barely know anything other than what it is! I haven't played a video game in years.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #33
Joe_E
Captain
Rep
Drives: FBO 328i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_E View Post
Rather have the F30
They have the F82 if that's any consolation.
F80 would be perfect! F82 just isn't close enough
      01-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #34
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Agreed this is an awesome feature and I use it to attempt to match the mods I have on my other cars for fun.

For the i8, the issue is that there aren't any real world mods except tires. A few companies have a tune but there's not a lot of data out there. One gentlemen got a tune with an immediate fault code that sent a signal to BMW who called the owner to bring his car in.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 04:01 PM   #35
colin_e90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Anyone know what the 3.0l v8 racing motor is on the engine swap section for this car? I fuilt one yesterday with the stock motor but am curious what that other motor is. Gonna look into the forza forums and maybe I can find out what it is
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #36
colin_e90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Found out it's the Ariel atom's v8
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 06:12 PM   #37
mfstrby
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

In the meantime; in the land of PS4, we are still waiting for the tentative date for announcing the tentative release date of gran turismo 7
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #38
Raheem
raheemdot
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_bagshot View Post
In the meantime; in the land of PS4, we are still waiting for the tentative date for announcing the tentative release date of gran turismo 7
I'm with you there, I have both a PS4 and Xbox One but kinda disappointed with Sony's first party efforts in the racing genre this generation, apart from Driveclub (which I enjoyed) there's not been anything else from their first parties. GT Sport will be out soon but knowing how Polyphony Digital works I won't be shocked if they have to delay it further, so far we have a vague release date of 2017 so let's hope it's out this year. Kinda weird considering Microsoft has already launched four exclusive racing games for their platform; Forza Motorsport 5 & 6 as well as Horizon 2 & 3. Hope Sony really steps it up.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 09:21 PM   #39
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
Quote:
I'm with you there, I have both a PS4 and Xbox One but kinda disappointed with Sony's first party efforts in the racing genre this generation, apart from Driveclub (which I enjoyed) there's not been anything else from their first parties. GT Sport will be out soon but knowing how Polyphony Digital works I won't be shocked if they have to delay it further, so far we have a vague release date of 2017 so let's hope it's out this year. Kinda weird considering Microsoft has already launched four exclusive racing games for their platform; Forza Motorsport 5 & 6 as well as Horizon 2 & 3. Hope Sony really steps it up.
As much as I love the PS4, I'm about to bail on it. The lack of driving games is killing it for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 12:54 AM   #40
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Sony might release new games with PS 5 .It's been ages since I last played game but I love to . However, I hate career modes and may be that's the reason why I don't play at all . if I can't pick the car I want to what's the point of playing for hours for sake of the buying the cars .
      01-05-2017, 06:29 AM   #41
mfstrby
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkirk1974 View Post
Quote:
As much as I love the PS4, I'm about to bail on it. The lack of driving games is killing it for me.
I am almost there as well, I honestly don't care what kinda improvement they have for gt7. They could have released a prologue at least.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 08:59 AM   #42
Raheem
raheemdot
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_bagshot View Post
I am almost there as well, I honestly don't care what kinda improvement they have for gt7. They could have released a prologue at least.
Well Gran Turismo Sport is right around the corner and it looks quite promising.

https://youtu.be/0siGVASN9PQ
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #43
Fabs///M
Private
Rep
Drives: not a bmw lol

Quote:
Quote:

:
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #44
III Caruso III
Private
Rep
Drives: 05 EB EVO8 WLTB: AW 1M

I would have rather seen the E39 BMW M5 or the 2010 M3 GTS
Appreciate 0