Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-10-2015, 01:47 PM   #23
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

In DC, median family income is 90K... I guess one would say that would be middle class, right? Except the average price of a house sold here is $450K, daycare costs $1200 per kid, services are expensive as fk and a drink costs $14 in some places... In other words, if you make under $150K in my area... you would be considered poor. It's all about location my friend.
      01-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #24
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Middle class is something below Nkc's income.

Yes, I'm jealous of his recent Gallardo purchase.
Hey calm down there buddy. I haven't purchased it yet as I'm still testing the waters. I'm seeing if I'll have major buyer's remorse and I have to say, a week of driving a Gallardo is like banging a really hot chick with crabs. 458 on the other hand...

Nothing to be jealous about as I'm still solidly in the middle class. I just like to own a lot of relatively affordable cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #25
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Hey calm down there buddy. I haven't purchased it yet as I'm still testing the waters. I'm seeing if I'll have major buyer's remorse and I have to say, a week of driving a Gallardo is like banging a really hot chick with crabs. 458 on the other hand...

Nothing to be jealous about as I'm still solidly in the middle class. I just like to own a lot of relatively affordable cars.
Define "relatively" for me....

I'm calm dude - actually, I'm happy for you. I got to drive a bunch of exotics (and non exotics) as a bday present, drove two Gallardos (one stick, one not), 360 Spyder, R8, GTR, Vette...it was awesome.

Surprisingly, I liked the R8 the best I think...and it was the one I thought I wouldn't like, or at least went into it thinking that for price vs performance comparison.

One day I'd love to own a semi exotic, but if that day never comes I'll still be happy because I've really been blessed.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #26
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

This reminds me of one time at a company I use to work at. CEO called an emergency meeting for dept heads. Don't remember the specifics of the meeting, but at some point he talks about some $1500 expense and people are like oh yeah that's a lot of money. He responds something along the lines of "I know that's like a freaking car payment".
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 08:51 AM   #27
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
In DC, median family income is 90K... I guess one would say that would be middle class, right? Except the average price of a house sold here is $450K, daycare costs $1200 per kid, services are expensive as fk and a drink costs $14 in some places... In other words, if you make under $150K in my area... you would be considered poor. It's all about location my friend.
Its getting like that a lot of places. I'm moving to Sandy Spring GA the median income is just over $60k but the median house is $400k (avg $550k )

My GF and I make a little under $200k and consider ourselves middle class, maybe upper-middle.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 09:34 AM   #28
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Define "relatively" for me....

I'm calm dude - actually, I'm happy for you. I got to drive a bunch of exotics (and non exotics) as a bday present, drove two Gallardos (one stick, one not), 360 Spyder, R8, GTR, Vette...it was awesome.

Surprisingly, I liked the R8 the best I think...and it was the one I thought I wouldn't like, or at least went into it thinking that for price vs performance comparison.

One day I'd love to own a semi exotic, but if that day never comes I'll still be happy because I've really been blessed.
I would define relatively affordable as something that I'm willing to pay and own lol.

That sounds like an amazing list of cars to drive on your bday. Must have been an amazing day with even more amazing friends. I'm going to have to try one of those R8 V10's when I have a chance. I did exotics racing once in LV with an LP700, 458 and a GTR. For the price and the result, I'd take the GTR but for pure pleasure, I'm going with a 458. The Aventador did nothing for me except shit my pants. I really can't afford to get new underwear every time I drive it.

After driving the LP560-4 and 458 for a while, I think I changed my mind about actually buying one, especially in HK. After driving something like that for a week straight, I started to appreciate my cars a lot more and am glad that I don't own one. The best would be just to borrow someone's exotic to drive once in a while lol.

Anyways, here are some pics of my buddy's wedding this past weekend. It was a lambo day with 3xLP560 and 3xLP700 in orange as the official wedding cars.

A forth unrelated orange LP700 pulled up to the valet later on in the night. How would you feel if you were rolling up to Ritz, driving an LP700 and finding 3 exact same ones in the same color parked there already? I guess that's a FWP.
      01-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #29
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

There was a snazzy aventador in crazy red and black matt/gloss/chrome (don't know what you call it) in the carpark. Would have snapped a pic but didn't want to seem pretentious.

Nkc, you got to drive them for a while and get sick of it. If you're married with a kid you probably wouldn't have much use for it.. it's not like you have a high maintenence Instagram chick gf with 50k followers who would dump you if you didn't drive an exotic..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #30
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I would love to try the 458...I think when GTA Exotics gets one, I'll be registering for another day!

And I hear you on owning one...I'd probably spend more time worrying about it than I would enjoying it. Which is why I think I'd like to own a semi-exotic (I probably just coined that term)...something like a Porsche Turbo (but say a few years old so its not brand new), or a GT3.
Appreciate 0