Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Or what?

See my post above...
"We got a bad ass over here" ? post. I'm not trying to be a badass.
      01-13-2015, 09:26 AM   #46
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You're trying to force your opinion on others and everyone else is wrong. That's the very definition.

And you come in with the "fact" that the majority of cops are crazy people with no evidence. You're talking out of your ass again based on your blind hatred of a group of people because of the job they have.

Kinda like what you claim they do to you, no?
I'm not forcing SHIT on anyone. I'm simply speaking my opinion. Everyone has the HUMAN right to speak what's on their mind.

I never said i had fact to back up my evidence. When i said majority of cops are crazy people, i said that quote came from my friend who's a police officer.
Obviously he would know more than me.
But you'll probably also need evidence/fact from me to prove that i actually do have a friend, right?

I'm sick of having constant debates on this forum about good cop bad cop.

Most cops (not all) are pieces of shit. This is coming from someone who respected cops when i first moved into this Country.

END OF STORY.

Now let's go on another thread, i like the Ask a question answer a question thread, meet me there.
      01-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #47
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I went to a combo retirement/swearing in a few weeks back. One sergeant impressed me with his speech to both the veteran and the pup: "Police officer is your JOB, not who you are as a person."

Both bad and good, the job they do reflects the person they are before they put on the uniform. As budgets are constrained while politicians demand more boots on the street, the selection criteria can be lowered. The guy above is apparently too scared to be a cop for much longer, hopefully he gets promoted to detective.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #48
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
I never said i had fact to back up my evidence.
It's not a fact if you don't have evidence.

It's an opinion, and you and your cop friend are 100% entitled to it.

Look, I never said you have like cops. All I am saying is you shouldn't come here and tell people they need to stop defending cops. It's their opinion and they are entitled to it just as much as you are entitled to your opinion that cops are shitty.

At this point, you just sound like someone who basically says, "you're allowed to have an opinion as long as it's the same as mine!"

Last edited by Templar; 01-13-2015 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #49
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:

An over whelming majoring of Cops are crazy people. Seriously why would a normal or sane human being apply to be a Cop. This quote came from my friend who has been in the department for almost 2yrs now.
It attracts that type.. Litos was a cop.
I don't know about the good cop/bad cop ratio though
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #50
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:

An over whelming majoring of Cops are crazy people. Seriously why would a normal or sane human being apply to be a Cop. This quote came from my friend who has been in the department for almost 2yrs now.
Wow, a whole 2 years?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #51
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
For one, here's what you don't know about me. I actually used to work at a security guard training facility. I know, observe and report, they're not real cops, I get it.

"You brought up 1998, i just went to the year you posted about. I know most people in this forum don't really care about comparing apples to apples when it comes to what makes them emotional but i figure if you're going to talk about stats from 1998, i'll oblige."

YOU said YOURSELF "According to the DOJ, in 1998 there were 358 people killed by the police in the US." copy-and-paste. That's what I went off of MYSELF; in fact to be straight up, I found it kinda weird that you went 17 years back. But what's irrefutable is that from today to at least 4 months back, there has been more than 358 shootings that we know of.

Again, it's all subjective. I may not have received police or military training, but I'm not your average civvie either. If you must know some background, I was a firearms instructor at a security guard training facility, directly trained by a police sergeant... I only quit because the person I carpooled with got fired and I didn't have a car back then. I signed up for the Explorer Deputy program, but couldn't pass the hearing portion since I have mild hearing problems. Fast forward to last year; I was considered for and had an all-expenses-paid chance to get a job at the local shooting range (PROOF BELOW), but turned it down for a job that promised to pay more.

Anyway, I'm not saying a cop in the US should be disarmed 100%. Far from it. However, one thing I know for sure is that my training and what I was told to teach my student is that deadly force is a last resort; don't draw unless he draws or charges at you with a deadly weapon. What if the thief that broke into your house is unarmed, and you stealthed up to him and performed a textbook double-tap? Even though it may have SOME justification, but not enough for us civvies to get out of jail. If he was armed and has it pointed at you, then feel free to unload every single round you got on the asshole, fucker deserved it for breaking into your house and trying to kill you. On the other hand, what if that thump in the night was your son waking up to piss, would your reaction be just to shoot anything that moves and say that you feared for your life when a 9 year-old kid on the toilet is obviously not some crack-craving bum?

In that video you mentioned, the car thief scenario would've been 100% justified, guaranteed. The fistfight? Nope; the guy didn't have any visible weapons or attempts to reach for one. The search cooperation? Well... Did he SWING the knife or is it just on him and he's just squirming and his hands are far away? The protocol would've been to cuff him, calling for backup if necessary, THEN doing the search.

The only thing thing "conjuncture" is just the exact amount of people killed and again, NOBODY has an exact grip on how many cops have killed civilians last year or even the year before it. But what doesn't change is the fact that more cops seem to be getting away with these kinds of killings, and hardly anything is being done to curb this trend. Sure, the Federal government beefed up animal cruelty laws and smoking in your car with your kid inside is now child endangerment in CA, but is anything done for the cop that wildly assumed scratching the last crab off someone's dick is reaching for a gun and creamed the suffering bastard? I mean you may be right about blind coorelation about media/news coverage, but the only thing up for debate is... If this thing wasn't covered before, why is it so commonly shown in the media now? It's the same thing with cigs and the risks involved; not too long ago people were lighting up oblivious to the risks until studies were broadcast.

Oh and my last bolded statement? JUST TODAY I saw a video (https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...351&permPage=1) where one guy gets pulled over and they framed the hell out of the poor bastard, and even his DA thought his scenario was bullshit at first. The cops were cleared of wrongdoings and the guy was hauled off. But then, the 2nd dashcam video surfaced, none of the scenarios were in the report, and now not only do the cops look like a schmuck, they are in hot water for falsifying the report and withholding evidence, which was enough to have the original guy's charges dismissed. Granted, they're indicted, but I'm sure the state probably has them out on bail or would give them a paid vacation (2 week suspension with pay) [/sarcasm].
I don't mean any offense to you as a person, but when you say "they can choose a non-lethal body part to shoot" when referring to less than lethal options; all your credibility on the subjectof police procedure for dealing with a potential threat is lost, no matter how many licenses or certifications you have. You could have worked at a shooting range for 10 years. That doesn't mean anything with regards to experience dealing with deadly situations. Especially dealing with them when you have the authority and have been charged with the duty to defuse possible life threatening situations, as cops do and have been.

Quote:
If a few people of a particular race does something negative, the world views that ENTIRE race as negative.

Same thing goes for Cops, 1 bad cop makes ALL cops look bad.

Yes, i know Cops are humans too and they are doing their job. But people on this forum need to STOP defending cops (Seriously stop sucking their dicks and drinking their coolaid).

"Just obey the law and do as they say" Yeak Ok.

I only respect the good cops. I have two friends who are cops. Just last week i met this dude at the gym, turns out he was a cop. We spotted each other and had a great conversation.

So it's not like i wish death on all cops.

What i'm simple saying is, some of the stories these cops come up with are PURE BOGUS!
I'm not defending cops, i'm defending the actions of certain cops in the situations that have most recently been a hot topic on the forum. there is a big difference. I'll look at every situation of alleged police brutality objectively and form my opinion.

You said above that 1 bad cop makes all cops bad. I would agree that you and many other people hold that mindset. You also said that you only respect the good cops. That pretty much means you don't respect any cop until they have proven themselves to your personal standard of "Good Cop".

You new workout buddy, did you know him to be a cop before you started spotting and talking? Or did that come out afterwards. My guess is that it was afterwards as it seems you view most or all cops as bad until proven otherwise.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 01-13-2015 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #52
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
I say that last part because cops shot and killed my neighbor after he pulled a gun out on them (I completely agree with that shooting). They left the body there from 2pm to midnight. There was at least 50-60 cops and hearing how they were talking about the whole thing and trying to take pictures of a dead guy on their phones to send it to people was disgusting. It was just another day for them, they don't give a fk.
If they gave a fuck they couldn't/wouldn't be a cop.
I'm sure the he was a nice guy who had a good reason to be pulling a gun on cops.
Actually he was drunk and there was construction happening next door which pissed him off, he went over there with an axe and cut the cable for the jack hammer, went back home to grab a gun and go shoot the construction workers. That's when the cops showed up. They told him to stop walking he pulled the gun out and turned around, that's when they shot him. I have no issue with that shooting, I think it was justified. What was sad was how the cops were talking about it later on, like it was a game for them.
      01-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #53
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Same thing goes for Cops, 1 bad cop makes ALL cops look bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post

I'm not defending cops, i'm defending the actions of certain cops in the situations that have most recently been a hot topic on the forum. there is a big difference. I'll look at every situation of alleged police brutality objectively and form my opinion.

You said above that 1 bad cop makes all cops bad. I would agree that you and many other people hold that mindset. You also said that you only respect the good cops. That pretty much means you don't respect any cop until they have proven themselves to your personal standard of "Good Cop".

You new workout buddy, did you know him to be a cop before you started spotting and talking? Or did that come out afterwards. My guess is that it was afterwards as it seems you view most or all cops as bad until proven otherwise.
keyword "look". I didn't say they are bad, i said they "look" bad.

No, after he told me he was a cop, we still worked out together. Although i mentioned to him that " i hate cops", he just smiled and said "yea i get that a lot".

I don't hate the individual, i just hate the "Cop mentality". The mentality that i'm god of all gods and ruler of all universe and you peasant citizen shall bow beneath me and respect my authority or else i will unleash every single lead in your ass.
That's what really pisses me off!

I don't HATE any one, race, religion or sexuality but this "Cop bullying" mentality is pissing me off.

I didn't wake up one morning and spin a wheel and decided "uhh let me hate cops" or let me hate cops because it's cool and everyone is doing... No sir.

I hate the "Cop mentality" because of all the abuse i've taken personally when i moved into this country.

As soon as they hear my accent, see my full name or find out what i do for a living, they immediately switch their attitude to Good cop.
Which implies that when they saw me, they must have thought, look at this thug black niggha in a BMW, let me harass him.

There have been 3x i was pulled over for no reason. I pulled over and handed them my info, they walk back to their cruiser, after 20min, they hand me back my info and tell me to go ahead. I'm like, why did i get pulled over? Speeding, illegal traffic move?, suspicious car/individual? Why? They don't answer they just tell me to go ahead unless i'll get a ticket. I have more nightmare stories to tel but i'll refrain.

So this is my experience with police.
      01-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #54
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
keyword "look". I didn't say they are bad, i said they "look" bad.

No, after he told me he was a cop, we still worked out together. Although i mentioned to him that " i hate cops", he just smiled and said "yea i get that a lot".

I don't hate the individual, i just hate the "Cop mentality". The mentality that i'm god of all gods and ruler of all universe and you peasant citizen shall bow beneath me and respect my authority or else i will unleash every single lead in your ass.
That's what really pisses me off!

I don't HATE any one, race, religion or sexuality but this "Cop bullying" mentality is pissing me off.

I didn't wake up one morning and spin a wheel and decided "uhh let me hate cops" or let me hate cops because it's cool and everyone is doing... No sir.

I hate the "Cop mentality" because of all the abuse i've taken personally when i moved into this country.

As soon as they hear my accent, see my full name or find out what i do for a living, they immediately switch their attitude to Good cop.
Which implies that when they saw me, they must have thought, look at this thug black niggha in a BMW, let me harass him.

There have been 3x i was pulled over for no reason. I pulled over and handed them my info, they walk back to their cruiser, after 20min, they hand me back my info and tell me to go ahead. I'm like, why did i get pulled over? Speeding, illegal traffic move?, suspicious car/individual? Why? They don't answer they just tell me to go ahead unless i'll get a ticket. I have more nightmare stories to tel but i'll refrain.

So this is my experience with police.
Why do you think your full name or what you do for a living have something to do with cop mentality turning to good cop? What's your accent?
      01-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #55
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Why do you think your full name or what you do for a living have something to do with cop mentality turning to good cop? What's your accent?
Maybe the same thing i experience everywhere else. Grocery store, dentists office, school or any other social gathering and event.

I don't know exactly what it is, so i can only speculate.

My guess is that when 'they' see me, they think to themselves "Another annoying black", "Blacks are poor so why is this one driving a nice car, probably stolen", "I hate Black customers, they never tip", "Another ignorant niggha", "How many hoes have you gotten pregnant", "Where's yo daddy?", "Shouldn't you be playing bball, smoking weed blasting Young Jeezy songs and pimping hoes?"

That's the feeling and attitude i feel from people (not everyone obviously). But as soon as i start talking, they hear my accent and all of a sudden, there's this smile and sunshine in their face and the negative-gril-frown on their faces immediately goes away.

I've talked to my American friends about it, they say probably because i look American. I don't have the stereo typical foreigner look. So they think i'm just another thug Black niggha from the hoods of Chicago or Atlanta.

It appears that United States respects foreign Blacks more than American Blacks. (I had to edit this line to clarify)

That's the best guest i can give you.

Last edited by Whostheboss; 01-13-2015 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #56
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Watching the whole video, the news anchors do suggest the police were called to his residence (or girlfriends place?) earlier in the evening for some reason, doesnt get into why, but reading between the lines perhaps it was for some domestic dispute ? What I'm suggesting is that this is not a completely random, out-of the blue, traffic stop.

Theres got to be some reason for them to go after him the way they did right from the start. Watching that video, their whole approach was far more hostile than the average "pulled over for being black" traffic stop. (or so I've heard, I am a white guy myself, but people who have been pulled over for "being black", while justifiably upset with the unwarranted suspicion, rarely describe a scene which starts off so extreme with guns drawn like that, multiple cars attending, being rammed by one of the cruisers, etc.)

Sometimes the whole story provides more context, would like to hear more about what happened earlier that night, which might have influenced their approach by the side of the road later.

Having said that, I found it interesting/sad to hear the officer repeatedly scream clearly "Stop reaching for my gun", since he knew he was on dash cam. Clearly they have learned from recent events. Not saying the perp in this case was or was not reaching for the gun, it's too dark/blurry for me to tell, but I got a feeling that will become a standard phrase regardless of what the perp does, especially if personal cameras become commonplace.
      01-13-2015, 04:14 PM   #57
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You mean they don't need to carry a throw-down any more, just use their voice on camera?????
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #58
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:

I'm sick of having constant debates on this forum about good cop bad cop.

Most cops (not all) are pieces of shit. This is coming from someone who respected cops when i first moved into this Country.

END OF STORY.

Now let's go on another thread, i like the Ask a question answer a question thread, meet me there.
This is exactly why I have stayed out of here other than one post. It's almost as bad as a religion thread. I'd have to filter my comments to avoid confusion, too many feels would be hurt.

I'm on both ends of the spectrum. I respect cops for what they do, but at the same time I've been tormented by them for a number of years when I was in a rough spot. However, that's life and it's how well you can manage it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #59
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You mean they don't need to carry a throw-down any more, just use their voice on camera?????
It's not hard to imagine that recent events have given certain types of cops more reasons than ever to clearly enunciate to the camera "stop trying to take my gun", especially if the perp is anywhere near them. Provides yet another arrow in their lawyers quiver, should it be needed later on.

Being a cop is a hard job, and as mentioned, it does attract a certain type of person, just like any other job does. The more I think about it, taking into account my knowledge of human nature, I really should have been more surprised if I didnt hear that sort of thing being pre-emptively thrown out there.
      01-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #60
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I'm on both ends of the spectrum. I respect cops for what they do, but at the same time I've been tormented by them for a number of years when I was in a rough spot. However, that's life and it's how well you can manage it.
Exactly !

Obama was just as "black-looking" as any other young men are, and he has admitted to being followed and harassed just because of his skin color. You cant control the actions of others, but you can control your reaction to it.

If the unfairness of that was enough to cause Obama let his emotions get the better of him, and react differently than he did, he probably wouldnt be where he is today. (which might make some folks happy, but that's for a thread in the politics subforum )

The point is, even if life unjustifiably gives you more hurdles than you "deserve", it's up to you whether you let those stop you from getting to where you can go.
      01-13-2015, 04:58 PM   #61
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
(which might make some folks happy, but that's for a thread in the politics subforum )

The point is, even if life unjustifiably gives you more hurdles than you "deserve", it's up to you whether you let those stop you from getting to where you can go.
I quoted the first part because it made me laugh. Thank you for that bit of honesty.

One fact about most these cases, the person was acting a fool towards the cop. Cut and dry. These people can not control their own brain for God's sake, and get belligerent. Whenever I've been pulled aside or questioned, I complied, and would you look at this..., son of a bitch I'm alive. Go figure.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 08:46 PM   #62
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Taser? Do you know taser has to be at least have a foot spread for it to work a little. Also, it may or may not work on some dudes who are extremely high. Meth? Taser may or may not have killed the subject.
Looks like from #1 video, they do carry Taser X26 model.

4. NEFARIOUS, I didn't know you were firearm(?) instructor for security licensing. I was aTasertrainer/instructor for a part time gig.
ETA: btw NEFARIOUS, are you the guy who shot real well on TV show TOP SHOT? One of the guy was from the same range as an instructor.
I wasn't referring to the exact case in the video, I was just shooting out other options.

I wish I could make it to Top Shot... But then again I've shot 492/500 my very first time (wish I still have that target and BSIS card), have scored perfect 500 before, and never shot below 470 (and even that score was because it was my first try with a Casull), and have won several small-time contests before.

Quote:
I meant that as in the cops that like to resort to knee-jerk reactions rather than exercising a bit of common sense, but for a general case for a cop to shoot an unarmed person is still pretty pansy in my book.

Quote:
I don't mean any offense to you as a person, but when you say "they can choose a non-lethal body part to shoot" when referring to less than lethal options; all your credibility on the subject of police procedure for dealing with a potential threat is lost, no matter how many licenses or certifications you have. You could have worked at a shooting range for 10 years. That doesn't mean anything with regards to experience dealing with deadly situations. Especially dealing with them when you have the authority and have been charged with the duty to defuse possible life threatening situations, as cops do and have been.
I may not have personal experience as in I've been in the field face-to-face with an assailant, but again, my main emphasis is seeking the reduction of fatalities and increasing accountability, not saying the cops shouldn't open fire at all. I mean, let's say we have a suspect, male, 5'7", scrawny enough for you to take him one-handed, makes you wonder how he got his wife's panties wet enough to marry him. No prior convictions or red flags, just got into an argument with his wife and she locked him out with just boxers on, even a 5 year old can tell he has no weapons, but of course he's a bit pissed off and kinda belligerent to begin with, but outraged the cops are not only called, but she lied to the cops and they are taking her side to the argument. He walks back to the house, but your rookie friend wants to flex his nuts and makes a smartass remark, and he starts charging at dumbass from 40 feet away. Given that there is plenty of time to consider other options, does this still give him the right to give his head some speed holes?
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 10:41 PM   #63
f10inSD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport Space Grey

I love this good cop bad cop debate stuff.

Everyone wants to be cop bash until they need to call 911.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 06:25 AM   #64
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Actually he was drunk and there was construction happening next door which pissed him off, he went over there with an axe and cut the cable for the jack hammer, went back home to grab a gun and go shoot the construction workers. That's when the cops showed up. They told him to stop walking he pulled the gun out and turned around, that's when they shot him. I have no issue with that shooting, I think it was justified. What was sad was how the cops were talking about it later on, like it was a game for them.
You're right, it's sad alcoholism, mental health, or other emotional issues can make otherwise good people act out against themselves and other people.. and cops don't really have sympathy for any of it. If cops didn't exist they would jump in front of a car or off a building.. these ppl need help, but cops are the last place you could expect to find it.

Quote:
I wish I could make it to Top Shot... But then again I've shot 492/500 my very first time (wish I still have that target and BSIS card), have scored perfect 500 before, and never shot below 470 (and even that score was because it was my first try with a Casull), and have won several small-time contests before.
Nefarious is... Top Gun.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 07:23 AM   #65
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I meant that as in the cops that like to resort to knee-jerk reactions rather than exercising a bit of common sense, but for a general case for a cop to shoot an unarmed person is still pretty pansy in my book.
lol...

Mr. Know-it-all here.

Let me know how your "training" works out if you're ever (hopefully not) put into a situation like this.
      01-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #66
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
lol...

Mr. Know-it-all here.

Let me know how your "training" works out if you're ever (hopefully not) put into a situation like this.
So if God-forbid, in a bit of an exaggerated example... You're in an taller apartment complex on the 6th floor, with one of those centrally-linked alarms where one incident rings the entire complex and you hear the fire alarm... Are you saying it's more acceptable to let panic get to you, throw a chair out the window and jump out the window to your death One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest style, than to say "wait, I don't see smoke, I'll just take the stairs"... Then find out that someone in the accidentally burnt a piece of toast.

It may be a drastically different scenario than cop vs. assailant, but you're saying it's OK for a cop to shoot an unarmed suspect when he was getting his ID like the cop was asking for but just moved a bit too quickly, is that right?
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0