NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
I don't even see how there is a argument here. You guys honestly believe there is ZERO corruption in law enforcement or the justice system?? If you believe that you are in lala land. If you agree that there is at least .01% corruption that means you have no room to argue. How can you argue against someone who does not like unjust shootings?? Blows my mind..
FINALLY someone else who has enough common sense to like the idea of breathing after an encounter with the police! THANK YOU!!!

For the rest of you cop apologetics, this just in... How do you define trying to throw a man in a wheelchair off a curb just because he tried to talk to the police? If you were a cop, do you feel like "a big boy" trying to throw a disabled guy face first onto the street? Please, tell me more about how unjustified police violence is not that big a problem.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/san...hair-officers/

::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 06:41 PM   #90
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD
Quote:
How can you argue against someone who does not like unjust shootings?? Blows my mind..
Sure, I believe there are corrupt cops out there, but what pisses me off more are people who are too quick to judge and label certain situations as "unjust".
Ok, corruption we agree on. What makes your judgement any better? Your quick judgment against someone elses feelings is the exact same thing. You know nothing about the person, his experiences, his feelings, his reasoning, etc.. yet you are quick to judge him.
      01-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #91
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Ok, corruption we agree on. What makes your judgement any better? Your quick judgment against someone elses feelings is the exact same thing. You know nothing about the person, his experiences, his feelings, his reasoning, etc.. yet you are quick to judge him.
But it's ok to judge the cop in this manner? Cops mess up, I get it. But the notion that this is the norm is out of whack in my opinion.

I think you have to have some faith in the officer that he's doing his job correctly. I certainly wouldn't want someone looking over my shoulder at my job criticizing every move I made. Would you?
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone

Last edited by SunnyD; 01-20-2015 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #92
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
I think you have to have some faith in the officer that he's doing his job correctly. I certainly wouldn't want someone looking over my shoulder at my job criticizing every move I made. Would you?
There's senseless micromanaging, then there's closer monitoring if one of my employees fucked up and I'm trying to track it down. If something became broken while I was outside of the office and it's 100% a human's fault (i.e. a fan in the server room was physically switched off and a motherboard melted) and nobody is admitting to it, wouldn't it behoove me to keep a closer eye on my employees to prevent the same mistake from happening? That's what should be done but isn't being done.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 07:42 PM   #93
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
There's senseless micromanaging, then there's closer monitoring if one of my employees fucked up and I'm trying to track it down. If something became broken while I was outside of the office and it's 100% a human's fault (i.e. a fan in the server room was physically switched off and a motherboard melted) and nobody is admitting to it, wouldn't it behoove me to keep a closer eye on my employees to prevent the same mistake from happening? That's what should be done but isn't being done.
True, I do agree that it would lead to increased oversight over your employees, but then all IT resources shouldn't have to pay the price because one guy messed up.
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #94
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD
Quote:
But it's ok to judge the cop in this manner? Cops mess up, I get it. But the notion that this is the norm is out of whack in my opinion.

Never said it's the norm. I've witnessed a cop kill my neighbor and I personally felt it was justified. My initial thought was "what an idiot"

And btw that other "armed" person wasn't armed at all and wasn't involved at all. Cops came and got the wrong guy first lol. He came out to smoke a cigg and gets thrown down by the cops until they see the actual guy.

That was the 2nd police shooting in 24 hours in van nuys

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...n-in-van-nuys/