Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-15-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Aarizona cop killed after fatal encounter with suspect (Body cam VIDEO)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=762_1421348181

Absolutely heartbreaking. This young man was 24. He was a rookie cop on the force. The suspect was 28. He killed himself after he shot the officer.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I am by no means an expert on police matters or gun control but I was cringing when the officer allowed the suspect to keep his hands in his pockets the whole time.

Victim (Officer Tyler Stewart):

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #2
E39lolz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 x1 xDrive35i, '13 Mustang

Now I get to fall asleep angry
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 11:05 PM   #3
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

I hope people can better appreciate this video now -

The victim was a meth addict with a criminal history and he refused to comply when the officer asked to see his hands.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 12:22 AM   #4
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I hope people can better appreciate this video now -

The victim was a meth addict with a criminal history and he refused to comply when the officer asked to see his hands.
Don't hold your breath. At least this POS saved us some tax money by offing himself.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 01-16-2015 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 12:31 AM   #5
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Don't hold your breath. At least this POS saved us some tax money by offing him self.
Good point. Death penalty cases tend to waste needless taxpayer money.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 07:00 AM   #6
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Don't hold your breath. At least this POS saved us some tax money by offing him self.
Agreed. Now he can politely burn in a certain place for quite some time.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #7
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
No no no...

Cop deserved it, says kmarei, grimlock, etc...
      01-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #8
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Plus...since he's dead, obviously he's one of the "good" cops right?

Too bad they have to die to get to that status according to some forum members.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 11:43 AM   #9
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

horrible
      01-16-2015, 04:48 PM   #10
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

The point isn't who kills who, it's the fact that cops get a free pass at killing.

Cop wants to kill someone, good for him but he has to be treated just like everyone else. It's the fact that cops are put above the law and above the justice system that pisses people off. Why is a cops life anymore important than yours?Are cops the only people with families they have to get back to? The job comes with assumed risks and if they can't make rational decisions because of those risks than they should do something else.

If that guy didn't kill him self you bet your ass he would never be let out of jail.
      01-16-2015, 04:55 PM   #11
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

They kill unarmed people and let armed people kill them ... Training isn't working to well
      01-16-2015, 05:07 PM   #12
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
The point isn't who kills who, it's the fact that cops get a free pass at killing.

Cop wants to kill someone, good for him but he has to be treated just like everyone else. It's the fact that cops are put above the law and above the justice system that pisses people off. Why is a cops life anymore important than yours?Are cops the only people with families they have to get back to? The job comes with assumed risks and if they can't make rational decisions because of those risks than they should do something else.

If that guy didn't kill him self you bet your ass he would never be let out of jail.
Don't you need to be put in a position somewhat above the law..., in order to enforce the law as your job? The decision he made was rational.

Nobody is saying the cops are more important than us so I'm not exactly sure where you pulled that information from. Also, you make it sound like he SHOULD get out of jail if he didn't off himself..., if so, I would like an ounce of whatever crack you're smoking. I wish anybody convicted of cold blooded murder would be sentenced to life (or death for that matter), but people who have to deal with crap like this on a daily basis should bear some importance under judicial rule because they are out there PROTECTING US.

Jus sayin.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 05:16 PM   #13
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup
Quote:

Don't you need to be put in a position somewhat above the law..., in order to enforce the law as your job? The decision he made was rational.

Nobody is saying the cops are more important than us so I'm not exactly sure where you pulled that information from. Also, you make it sound like he SHOULD get out of jail if he didn't off himself..., if so, I would like an ounce of whatever crack you're smoking. I wish anybody convicted of cold blooded murder would be sentenced to life (or death for that matter), but people who have to deal with crap like this on a daily basis should bear some importance under judicial rule because they are out there PROTECTING US.

Jus sayin.
No you don't need to be put above the law. I didn't say you guys said a cops life is more important, the justice system says that when they let cops get away with murder.

Cops need to be running red lights for no reason and using cell phones when they drive and all the other bullshit they do to enforce the law?? Ok..

They are given authority to enforce the law, not break it while they enforce it.

And I didn't say he should be let out of jail, but if the tables were turned the cop would get a slap on the wrist and move on with his life. Cops know exactly what they are getting into before they become cops it's no surprise that the job comes with danger. If they can't do it properly they shouldn't do it at all.

Btw, still want my crack dealer? it's good stuff..
      01-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #14
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
All that people that talks sh*t and hates the cops i would like to see them in a world with no police officers enforcing the law and protecting us.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 05:47 PM   #15
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

People don't hate cops for doing their job properly. They hate cops for abusing their power and getting away with it. My neighbor was shot and killed by a cop and I saw nothing wrong with that situation. The guy was going to shoot someone, was armed, pulled a gun on the cop and got shot and killed. That was justified.

I don't think people will ever understand what it feels like to have cops bothering them for absolutely no reason until it has happened to them. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, completely helpless.
      01-16-2015, 06:04 PM   #16
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Maybe my hatred is actually jealousy.. That cops have the luxury of killing people who don't listen to them hmmm hahaha
      01-16-2015, 07:56 PM   #17
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
People don't hate cops for doing their job properly. They hate cops for abusing their power and getting away with it. My neighbor was shot and killed by a cop and I saw nothing wrong with that situation. The guy was going to shoot someone, was armed, pulled a gun on the cop and got shot and killed. That was justified.

I don't think people will ever understand what it feels like to have cops bothering them for absolutely no reason until it has happened to them. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, completely helpless.
Dude, I know shit "happens" but I've been harassed for being a poor broke white guy in Detroit, so don't give me that shit. I fucking complied every time I was scrutinized because I got thrown into an unfortunate event when I lost my job (mind you in my early 20's). I was stopped because cops thought I was buying drugs and shit, I told them straight up, answered and listened.

People PUT themselves into these situations, 90% of cops aren't out to kill or pull their gun from the holster. Situational awareness is something you will never understand. Let me guess, you used to play airsoft with your boyfriends.

Quote:
Maybe my hatred is actually jealousy.. That cops have the luxury of killing people who don't listen to them hmmm hahaha

You are so ignorant, it's hardly even funny. You don't have the foggiest idea, from either end. Go back in your hole for fucks sake.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #18
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Dude, I know shit "happens" but I've been harassed for being a poor broke white guy in Detroit, so don't give me that shit. I fucking complied every time I was scrutinized because I got thrown into an unfortunate event when I lost my job (mind you in my early 20's). I was stopped because cops thought I was buying drugs and shit, I told them straight up, answered and listened.

People PUT themselves into these situations, 90% of cops aren't out to kill or pull their gun from the holster. Situational awareness is something you will never understand. Let me guess, you used to play airsoft with your boyfriends.

Quote:

You are so ignorant, it's hardly even funny. You don't have the foggiest idea, from either end. Go back in your hole for fucks sake.
Hahaha I love it

Awwww poor white guy .. Cops thought u were buying drugs .. The struggle is real
      01-16-2015, 08:20 PM   #19
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Don't you think that number should be 100% of cops? Or is 10% cops out there to kill people and pull triggers an acceptable number? If so, your a moron and I'm done with this conversation.

And apparently situational awareness is something cops don't understand either because they kill the unarmed and get killed by the armed.
      01-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #20
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT

What an idiotic comment. It's the society's system we had elected for. I guess you are acting up on it because your are clueless of what this world is about. World is about (except communist countries) granting the power to the authorities that you elect for. A lot of people bitches about cops because they see and could interfere with your daily life but man, grow up, there are much more scarier groups out there overpowering your life that you need to be aware of instead of cops.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 09:59 PM   #21
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT

What an idiotic comment. It's the society's system we had elected for. I guess you are acting up on it because your are clueless of what this world is about. World is about (except communist countries) granting the power to the authorities that you elect for. A lot of people bitches about cops because they see and could interfere with your daily life but man, grow up, there are much more scarier groups out there overpowering your life that you need to be aware of instead of cops.
I'll say this again and for the last time. It's not the power, it's the abuse of power. I don't hate cops, I dislike cops who abuse power and are not punished for it. If your ok with power abuse than I have nothing else to say. I'm done with this thread. I'm not going to change your views, you aren't going to change mine.
      01-16-2015, 10:07 PM   #22
f10inSD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport Space Grey

Here we go again...

I'm not sure if some people understand... what I'm about to say.. BUT THE LAST THING AN OFFICER WANTS TO DO IS KILL SOMEONE IN THE LINE OF DUTY.

The shit storm that ensues after a shooting is bad, real bad. And in a way it should be that bad to keep law enforcement officers accountable. You have internal affairs, or OIG, or the DA's office put you under the microscope for a very long time. You have your weapon taken, your badge taken, you are put on admin leave and lose tons of money your family depends on to survive. And belive it or not... a lot of times your OWN AGENCY wants to make an example of you even if you were justified in your shooting.

People who post on here saying that cops just kill people and get away with it... you are nuts. Thats fine... you can sit here and pass judgement. Otherwise I suggest you apply for an LEO job and see how far you make it in the hiring process.
Appreciate 0