BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-16-2007, 05:37 AM   #23
ShinyRedCar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt View Post
...This is an enthusiat site.... But I'm frickin sick of reading posts about some whiney little thing that isn't right with your car...
This is a major reason I frequent this site less and less...that and the stupid argument about teen drivers being "handed their rides instead of earning them" that seems to make the rounds here like the stomach flu

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 05:45 AM   #24
wuufer001
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 M/T

Garage List
2006 325i  [9.34]
i know what you mean, everytime i hear about people complaining about the disadvantages of this car with its price tag it just get sooo annoying.
      05-16-2007, 06:06 AM   #25
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Sorry, guys, but I've gotta vent.
Welcome to the club.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 06:06 AM   #26
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Austin Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGervasi View Post
This is a major reason I frequent this site less and less...that and the stupid argument about teen drivers being "handed their rides instead of earning them" that seems to make the rounds here like the stomach flu
Well it is flu season I figured it was normal for this time of year.

I'm still not sure what i'm having for lunch today.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 06:26 AM   #27
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

This is an enthusiat site.... We come here to learn new infomation about our wonderful E9X's, see what everyone else is doing to/with theirs, and get idea's....

But I'm frickin sick of reading posts about some whiney little thing that isn't right with your car, and "THIS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN TO A $40-50K CAR!!!".

These are issues that should be brought up to your service advisor or sales person, if they are really a big enough deal to sweat about... not something you should be coming to an enthusiast site to bitch about.

Please, there's no need to flame me for my opinion on this matter, I'm not insulting anyone personally.

I'd just really like to see posts about people ENJOYING their cars, not complaining about a squeak somewhere.

Ok?

Great. Now that that's done, on.
agreed. highly.
      05-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #28
brian3b
B-Dizzle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i - E90

I disagree with all of you. It's a forum to discuss anything and everything about your car. There are no rules on what can and cannot be disgussed, as long as it pertains to your car.

Maybe with all the "whining" as you say, it should be called a "support" forum. B/c that's what people want... support, reassurance, love.

Sounds like a bunch of neediness.
HD & Sirius Radio, USB Adapter
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 06:37 AM   #29
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
God, what a clever idea about how to get a thread FULL of whining and whinging!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 06:40 AM   #30
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
God, what a clever idea about how to get a thread FULL of whining and whinging!
So true, but i respect Matt's venting cos its something thats bothered me as well. Oh crap im starting to whine
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 07:21 AM   #31
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

Quote:

This is an enthusiat site.... We come here to learn new infomation about our wonderful E9X's, see what everyone else is doing to/with theirs, and get idea's.....
Matt, I agree. this is an Enthusiast site

Quote:
But I'm frickin sick of reading posts about some whiney little thing that isn't right with your car, and "THIS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN TO A $40-50K CAR!!!".
your welcome to be sick about the post(s)... this is your option. However I dont agree.

Quote:
These are issues that should be brought up to your service advisor or sales person, if they are really a big enough deal to sweat about... not something you should be coming to an enthusiast site to bitch about.
Any issues unless stupid like "rock in tire" should be brought up with the SA and can be brought up here... if issues like the fuel pump wasnt brought up on the forums... people wouldnt know what to expect with the car or the issues surrounding a failure. I disagree and feel anything that pertains to the car can and should be brought up in these forums as long as it doesnt violate the forums rules regardless of how stupid or irritating it may be.

Quote:
Please, there's no need to flame me for my opinion on this matter, I'm not insulting anyone personally.
Quote:
I'd just really like to see posts about people ENJOYING their cars, not complaining about a squeak somewhere.

would be nice ... but will continue until bmw makes a perfect car. people flame me all you want for this one "i feel there are many more fanboys of bmw's then others" and imo because of this they overlook stuff others wouldnt who have owned better built cars and expect similar.
I never looked the other way with my g35 and will do the same with the 335i... if there is crap about it. im gonna talk about it.

I owe BMW nothing except my 50k BMW owes me a car and what they state their car is ... ofcourse i've not really looked or have seen anything from bmw saying "one of the most reliable cars" so lol for whatever thats worth.

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 07:52 AM   #32
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Yo, this is a free psychiatric support group for bmw enthusiats. Feel free to vent, b%tch, cuss, , or ...

Ok?
      05-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #33
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
just make a WHINING FORUM!!! lololol
      05-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #34
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

this forum is full of people who are new to BMW and have bought a BMW because of the luxury nameplate, not the driving dynamics.

these, along with the illiterate (cant rtfm) are the cause of the problem

but if you get rid of them, and the fanboys there will only be 4 people left on this site!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #35
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
this forum is full of people who are new to BMW and have bought a BMW because of the luxury nameplate, not the driving dynamics.

but if you get rid of them, and the fanboys there will only be 4 people left on this site!
lol
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #36
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

The paint is too easy to chip. In just 4,000 miles I have more rock chips than I had in 80,000 miles with my Toyota pickup.

///Matt, you are an SA aren't you? You just don't want to hear this stuff both at work and at home.

I haven't bothered to whine about it until now. This is a whine thread, so I figured it was a chance to whine about it. And since you are an SA, I am whining to the right guy.
      05-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #37
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 3.0Si

Someone call the wahambulance. You were all new to something at one point. The idea of a forum is to transmit information. It may not be a matter of laziness on the noobies, but they may not have the knowledge to look in those places. You're here on your own free will. If you don't like what's posted don't click on it and don't bother reading it.

I also don't understand some of those pics in the signatures of some users about owning a noob... Woooo you're soooo cool! You can pick on someone with less than 10 posts. Way to go tough guy, I hope you feel great about your e-thuggary skills. I'm sure it took many a night to hone those fine skills of yours.
      05-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #38
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

what color should i get for my next car? what about interior color? tia!
      05-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #39
.:AJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: '07 Accord

sorry ///Matt but it seems like you want this site to be nothing but a bunch of fanboys telling each other how great their others cars are. I think the point of having a group of enthusiasts is to talk about all aspects of your cars, good, bad, and the ugly (as potty_pants said). I think that people have a right to expect that everything on their new 40-50k should work correctly (unless your too much of an e-baller to care about 40-50k), especially when the issues are occuring well within the warrenty and first couple years of ownership and are significant enough to prevent the car from running.

sorry but i dont think the point of this site should be restricted to only the positive aspects of e9x's, it should be a source of all kinds of information for owners regarding their cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 03:18 AM   #40
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
I'd rather post about my problems than have to deal with a garage...
obviously using search first
while some problems might be stupid and easily fixable by RTFM, some people might not have such common sense (I know I don't!)
anyways, a rattle here and there.. maybe there is a recall for it, a quick fix.. who knows.. that stuff isnt listed in the manual

I joined cuz I wanted to know how to disable the annoying seatbelt chime... I searched, got my answer.. if people didnt discuss how annoying it was, I wouldnt have found an answer..

u have a right to vent.. but what ur asking for is a fanboy blind community.
car has problems.. it aint perfect.. deal with it :P
      05-18-2007, 03:34 AM   #41
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Which car should I get: C350 or 335i? Im also thinking about the IS350 and also the new M3. I could get a Bentley but I think it's too luxurious for me.
Also what color should I get? Im thinking about black but white looks good too. Leather or leathrette?? Should I get Premium package??

ahhh who cares??? People can start threads whenever they want to. That's what keeps this forums going. Without them we'd have almost nothing to talk about.

no offense here but would this thread be considered as a "whining thread"??
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #42
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Free speech rules!!!

I agree with both brian3b and Potty_Pants. there may be "whinning" posts here, but as a BMW owner, I am also interested to be "educated" about potential problems or issues I may not be aware.

This would allow me to pro-actively looking for bigger problems before they occur.
      05-18-2007, 09:51 AM   #43
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I don't have a problem with threads diseminating information about a big problem, like say a fuel pump failure.... but it just bugs me to see threads that like "Rattle from the dash?! WTF", etc... chill the hell out, y'know? Just go get it fixed. You don't have to bitch about it first.

And I really, REALLY, hate the sentence "This shouldn't happen to a $50,000 car!"

You think Ferrarri's, and Bentley's, and Lamborghini's, and Aston's don't have "quirks"?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #44
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post

ward has the answers to life. I say we listen to this man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
How about we offer them some......................
Damn... you beat me to it... I was going to say, "Who wants some cheese with their whine?"

Quote:
You think Ferrarri's, and Bentley's, and Lamborghini's, and Aston's don't have "quirks"?
last I checked, people only stare at these so no rattling should ever happen!

For the reasons stated in earlier posts, I've stopped reading the general section. What a load of crap! Do we have to compare this car to everything else on the market? Why do people ask questions that have been answered, then flame you for telling them to search? I just don't get it
Appreciate 0