BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #1
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

I just lost all respect for Randall (DON'T read if you're WEST COST!!)

On Trump's Apprentice....

He should have said yes for Rebecca. I liked him until that minute. He erased ALL his goodwill.

I hope she gets hired by Trump's competitor and paid double.

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman

He should have said yes for Rebecca. I liked him until that minute. He erased ALL his goodwill.

Haha, he won, good for him!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Yah, and he deserved it, but he was NOT classy at the end, after all his words.

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Yah, and he deserved it, but he was NOT classy at the end, after all his words.
Have yet to see it, 25 mins and I'll soon know what "words" you speak of...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2005, 10:51 PM   #5
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Hey man, you're west coast, I don't want to wreck it for you!

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Hey man, you're west coast, I don't want to wreck it for you!
I knew the guy was gonna win from jump, it's ok dude. Appreciate the consideration none the less.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2005, 11:18 PM   #7
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Tell me later if you don't have a JDM (Jaw dropping moment) at the very end....Me and the wife almost threw the TV out the window!

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2005, 11:59 PM   #8
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

The "may-batch benz" is looking like a very nice ride to be riding in right about now...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2005, 01:03 AM   #9
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

He's right, for that matter every other runner up should have been hired from past seasons. He has every right to defend his position and take his just reward for all his hard work. Wouldn't be very fair for someone else in the competition to be hired in addition to the winner. So I really don't understand your justification, but its yours none the less.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2005, 05:07 AM   #10
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

Quote:

I did not lose respect for him, he's a tremendously talented individual, and so is Rebecca. I think he carried himself with a poise well beyond his years. At that moment he was given the opportunity to multiply his stock and he stumbled. I think it was his pride in wanting to savor the victory and the attention. What he failed to realize is that he had already won and that hiring Rebecca would not have detracted from his victory. Quite the contrary, in my opinion it would have demonstrated his good judgment and loyalty. He missed that opportunity. She would have been a great hire.
      12-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #11
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

The Maybach looks groovy alright!

Rebecca just got offered a job on live TV by Yahoo.

Thus Trump loses an amazing asset.

I couldn't see her bossing around a bunch of foremen on a jobsite anyway.

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #12
bmw330ipty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Porsche Cayenne

what Randall did was extremely selfish... he already won and if Rebecca was hired it wouldnt affect him, she would not be his competition..

i lost all respect and admiration for Randall... but im sure that Rebecca will anyways be successful and have many job offers

you suck randall
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #13
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

He was so cool up until then....but remember, she is cooler under pressure - he must have cracked...and now Trump is pissed he lost Rebecca!

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2005, 12:58 PM   #14
jmcphillips1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 128 Coupe

Garage List
I was for Randall, but he is a DICK!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2005, 08:08 PM   #15
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

So I guess Randall should be greatful that he was given the position in the Trump organization at all, and be the "token brother" of all apprenti? HELL no.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2005, 09:37 PM   #16
E24
DUBYA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328I - 6MT

First of all, I don't think Trump should have handled it the way he did. Just like the surprise multiple firings during prior episodes, he should have done a multiple hire w/o asking Randal for his opinion. I think most were looking for that and it would have satisfied all viewers and both players. I think that Trump felt that he "knew" Randal and that he would go with the flow regarding the Rebecca suggestion. I think Randal's response surprised Trump and he just went with it. While being selfish, Randal was truly shortsighted and displayed his true colors. He wanted the spot light. That's fine and good. However he would have received so much more publicity from the press if he had gone with the "dual hire" rather than looking like a selfish SOB. It was a bad move in my opinion. He would have gotten a hell of a lot more media mileage if he had agreed to Rebecca being hired. Furthermore it shows a very short sighted person. Rebecca was no longer competition. She was going to direct an entirely different project. Randall looks at the small picture and not the big picture and therefore does not really serve Trump that well. Rebecca would have been an asset to the entire organization and therefore an asset to Trump. Randal was looking out for number one and his decision said to me - "I don't give a rat's ass about anyone other than myself and I will not share the spotlight". As a friend today so aptly put, while Randal was stuttering for his reply and creating a rationale for not hiriing Rebecca, Trump should have said, "I'm sorry that you feel that way Randal. You're FIRED..." - and then turned to Rebecca and said, "You're hired". I can't believe I'm posting on this but I'm in the hospital waiting for a relative to get out of surgery. I watched the finale on the hospital TV.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #17
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

E24, right on all counts. And I can't believe you're posting on it either....in fact I can't believe I started the thread!

But in life we choose either to carry people with us who we respect, or trip and break our faces on the sidewalk. I'm sure Randall will recover and learn from this.

Rebecca said on TV the other night...."let's see where the two of us are in ten years time"......

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2005, 10:24 PM   #18
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Although I can see why he wanted to be the only apprentice, I agree that Trump leaning towards the dual hire. Even when he presented the two projects, once each of them decided on seperate projects...Trump says...well that makes it easy..or something to that effect. Almost as a sigh of relief, because had they both chosen the same project....it may have caused problems to hire both.

Anyways....it was a competition, and Randall wanted to be the solo apprentice...maybe thinking that he alone could benefit from learning from Trump. Very short sighted indeed....Trump will always have several people who are working/ learning from him, so he will never have him as a mentor all to himself. He definitely lost points in the public eye....and shows his lack of loyalty/compassion to his peers and to those below him. But I guess that is the ugly part of the business world.
      12-17-2005, 11:31 PM   #19
icedragon
guardian of ice and snow
Rep
Drives: 128i, 325i

Garage List
06 325xi  [0.00]
Autism
OMG. What a crazy season!
In past seasons, of the two finalists, I usually thought there was a clear winner. However, this season, I thought they were both equally-qualified. Here's my insight into Randall vs. Rebecca.

I think Randall is smart and clever, but Rebecca is genuine and loyal.

Case 1: Life challenges

Randall lost his grandma. But was this a significant life obstacle? I don't think Randall really cared about his grandma. Firstly, she lived in a senior's home, so he probably only saw her once a month? Secondly, when Trump asked if he wanted to leave the competition, Randall, without hesitation, said he wanted to stay. If it was my grandma, I would have said, "Sorry, Mr. Trump, but my grandma is more important than money" and left. I think Randall just used his grandma's death to seek sympathy.

On the other hand, Rebecca broke her leg. If you've broken your leg before, you know it hurts like hell and it's a pain to move around. But Rebecca, with her one leg, stayed in the game and made it to the finals.

Case 2: Leadership vs. Teamwork

With 3 wins as project manager, Randall was a great leader. But when he was just a team member, he was useless. In episode where they had to promote a singer and write a song, Rebecca led Randall and Clay. Randall made a horrible poster of the singer, with a horrible photo and the wrong date! Was he trying to sabotage Rebecca?

With only 1 win as project manager, Rebecca was an okay leader. But she made up for it by being a great team member. In the Star Wars episode, when Marshawn backed down from her presentation role, Rebecca stepped up and took the role. In the episode where they had to get people to call in for free perfume samples, Randall led Rebecca. However, Rebecca was the one that told Randall to buy the microphones and, thus, fouled Alla's plans.

Case 3: Genuine

In the final task, Randall promoted the Autism charity but I don't think he really believed in helping those children. In his many years in business, Randall has not helped any charity.

In the final task, Rebecca was helping Pediatric Aids charity and I think she truly believed in helping those children. Since she was 15, she's been helping with her local charity (forgot the name). Unlike Randall, she genuinely cars cares about children and must've helped thousands over the years.

Case 4: Loyalty and Respect

Before the final boardroom, Randall claimed he respected Rebecca. But in the final boardroom, he kept insulting her. After he got hired, Trump asked him what he thought of Rebecca. Randall ranted about how amazing Rebecca was. Then when Trump asked Randall if he should hire Rebecca, Randall wanted to hog the spotlight so he said no.

When Rebecca broker her leg, all the women were too selfish to help her. Only Toral took her to the hospital. That's why in the following boardroom session, Rebecca maintained her loyalty and did not bring in Toral. How could she fire the only person there that took her to the hospital? Before the final boardroom, Rebecca claimed she respected Randall. And she was true to her word. In the final boardroom, she didn't insult Randall, she only highlighted her attributes.

Conclusion:

I think Rebecca was the more genuine, loyal candidate who would have helped better the Trump organization and other local New York charities.
Appreciate 0