United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasbar10der
I just traded in my 2014 Stingray 2LT coupe for my 15' I8. I can guarantee you that the I8 WILL beat the C7 0-60 and more importantly 0-100....better traction as well having the AWD. I miss the roar of the Vette but no doubt this thing kicks some C7 ass. No matter what "numbers" are out there as official figures, I have lived with both cars and know first hand the difference.
+1 raced a C7, from a dig, stands no chance vs the i8. I even raced a C7 eating ATS-V with tune and DPs, he edged me on a rolling start and a dog rave without LC, however with LC the i8 pulled easily until he started to catch up around 100mph and regain the lead around the 1/4 mile mark.

I find all these worries about warranty so silly. I've modified enough BMWs to know that if BMW ends up voiding the warranty on a car over a performance mod 90% of the time it's because of the owner being careless and naive. BMW rarely notices tune like these and when they do it's usually because the owner is a complete idiot about how he handled the warranty claim.

Tip: If anyone really wants to tune their i8's DME and is honestly worried about their little warranty, the workaround is simple, order a second DME and mod that one. In the rare case that you need warranty work for a problem that can be traced back to the tune (yes I said rare) then hopefully you'll be smart enough to have your performance shop of choice replace the modded DME with the original along with all traces of it before taking your car in to your BMW stealership of choice. Another important thing is to have a good relationship with your Service Advisor. Find an SA which is "mod-friendly", luckily in my dealership most are and they modify their vehicles as well. Even for my scheduled service I call my SA ahead of time to make sure 1) there's no pesky FSAs roaming the dealership that day and 2) he has a decent loaner available.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0