05-28-2022, 04:12 AM   #1
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

iDrive 8 and iX Software Updates

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I saw this article about some updates dropping in mid-May for the iX. Does anyone know if BMW officially publish release notes anywhere?

BMW Drops New OTA That Brings QlockTwo Clock Widget To iX And More
https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1925513
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 11:18 PM   #2
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Qlocktwo?
Maybe it can be an interesting watch face for the Apple Watch, but does it make sense for a car?
(On second thoughts, I don't think it would make sense for a watch face either as the screen would be too small )
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 11:29 PM   #3
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Yeah, it's an interesting choice from a priority perspective. It's quite a nifty clock design, just not sure it's what I want on my home screen of the car or not.

You'd think maybe they would work on the My Modes selection and it not returning iDrive back to it's previous state first -- that might be more of a daily annoyance for most people.

Having said that, if we see regular updates to the software that will be something I will enjoy, and it's all quite encouraging.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 1
Paladin15556.00
      05-30-2022, 07:48 AM   #4
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
No doubt an interesting exercise in programming, but what advantages does it (QlockTwo Clock) bring to telling time? Unless you learned to read but never actually learned to read a watch face. And assuming it also has a voice option, what advantages over "Hey BMW, what time is it?" This is another technology widget that seems to be a solution in search of a problem, from the BMW Department of Because We Can. An idea - how about, instead of a useless widget, you put back the chip for hands-free tailgate opening, an actually useful feature. Or if it's just software, a useful EV route planner that programs all the charging stops along your route (a la Porsche) based on desired SOC, instead of having to select each one from a list of all of them. Or if it's just widgets, how about making the existing drive mode widgets return to the main navigation screen automatically after you select one, instead of having to press multiple screen buttons to get back to your nav map. Pretty simple stuff for ninth-grade programmers. You have driven this car BMW, or am I mistaken?
Appreciate 0