12-11-2022, 09:37 PM   #45
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
What don’t you like about the Rivian?

Rivian is fresh and new and has a tremendous amount of excitement and interest in the brand. I’ve had an R1T since July and people literally honk at me waving and smiling, run up to me in parking lots, etc.

I’ve never even had a comment about any BMW I’ve ever owned (6 of them). The iX has virtually zero demand/interest compared to Rivian. The iX is just unappealing in comparison. It’s unattractive, overpriced and the interior is too spartan and lacking in luxury and quality for the price point.

The rugged SUVs are in demand and the prissy pavement cruisers are not. Whether they use the capability or not, people want rugged SUVs, not minivans.

BMW totally shit the bed with the ix.
Except, they are selling nearly every one they can make, in NZ the wait list on the 50 stretches well into late 2023. It's a low volume model, but I imagine BMW are happy with that.

Every time I walk up the front of the iX M60 I think it looks better and better. I suspect the issue is you have very conservative taste, so anything that pushes the boundaries is just not going to be your thing. That is ok. The Rivian, like it or not, is conservative, the interior is pretty conservative, and the exterior is a very safe design.

BMW did not do anything to any bed with the iX. It's crystal clear this was a pivotal vehicle in the new range of BMW models. The infotainment, seat controls, centre console, and most other tech are the basis for the i7, X7 facelift, the X5 facelift, and the new top-of-range halo car, the XM. You can see so much the of iX DNA in all of those cars to varying degrees. If you don't like that DNA then you're going need to find another more conservative brand I'm afraid.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.

Last edited by JonoNZ; 12-11-2022 at 10:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 11:29 PM   #46
xueju1121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
A ton. Recently, my best friend, who worked at DuPont for many years, was hired to lead a group within Rivian’s R&D department. She has asked me to help them establish relationships with new battery and chemical suppliers because Samsung SDI dropped the ball by providing second-tier batteries to Rivian, causing all sorts of issues, including but not limited to phantom drain, critical battery issues (warning), 12V battery not getting charged, etc., etc. Rivian doesn’t make their own battery in-house, unlike BMW and Tesla, so their eggs are in one basket for now, unfortunately.

Also, they increased the price, even for pre-orders, earlier this year without warning, which was a dick move. They walked back the policy after public outcry, but still.

You don't have to believe me, of course, since you apparently love your R1T. Good, enjoy it. But it would help if you thought twice before you praised your “perfect” truck. BMW has its issues to deal with, but you don't see us going to the Rivian forum and doing stupid shits like this. You are embarrassing the Rivian brand image.

And I don’t like their style.

Enough for you to digest?

Quote:
The rugged SUVs are in demand and the prissy pavement cruisers are not. Whether they use the capability or not, people want rugged SUVs, not minivans.
So you are telling me G class sells better than GLE/GLS, and Landcruiser outsells LX, and the most demanded vehicle from LR is the Defender? Got it, chief. You should be hired as the master market strategist by these companies.

Quote:
Sure, if saying so could make you a tiny bit happier.
      12-12-2022, 09:51 AM   #47
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

"I deserve good things. I am entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am an attractive person. I am not a hypebeast. I own a very trendy car. It's ok that my roof leaks. It’s nothing to worry about that Ford and Daimler both didn’t follow through with a potential JV with Rivian.”
Attached Images

Last edited by ppagiga; 12-12-2022 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 2
NomoTesla2144.50
xueju1121618.50
      12-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #48
NomoTesla
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Rivian is fresh and new and has a tremendous amount of excitement and interest in the brand. I’ve had an R1T since July and people literally honk at me waving and smiling, run up to me in parking lots, etc.
Priorities, right?

Quote:
I’ve never even had a comment about any BMW I’ve ever owned (6 of them). The iX has virtually zero demand/interest compared to Rivian.
Please cite sources for this conclusion other than your opinion. My BMW dealer is getting markups over MSRP on iX order cancellations. Should I conclude, using your logic, that the iX is in great demand?

Quote:
The iX is just unappealing in comparison. It’s unattractive, overpriced and the interior is too spartan and lacking in luxury and quality for the price point.
Uh-oh, folks, I think we have an insecure TSLA stockholder in our midst!

Funny you say the iX is overpriced. Mine is going to be just a little more than a Model Y Performance after taking my Section 179 and bonus depreciation deductions. The iX GVWR rating qualifies for this deduction, the Tesla Y does not.

The most overpriced and horrible EV on the market today is the Tezzla Model X at $120k compared to $84k for the BMW iX. Please tell me how overpriced the BMW is again? Please?

OH and let's not forget that no Tesla ever produced is able to achieve its EPA rating while the iX exceeds its EPA rating by 20%. Real-world range is higher in the iX than any Tesla.

Quote:

The masculinity issues on display are mind-boggling.
Appreciate 2
ppagiga660.00
xueju1121618.50
      12-12-2022, 10:21 AM   #49
NomoTesla
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueju1121 View Post
Also, they increased the price, even for pre-orders, earlier this year without warning, which was a dick move. They walked back the policy after public outcry, but still.
What does BMW do when it raises prices after you submit an order through your BMW dealer? BMW offers no price protection whatsoever judging by what I'm reading in these forums. You pay what it says on the sticker at time of arrival. That's pretty crappy treatment compared to Rivian.
Appreciate 2
ppagiga660.00
xueju1121618.50
      12-12-2022, 11:33 AM   #50
xueju1121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoTesla View Post
What does BMW do when it raises prices after you submit an order through your BMW dealer? BMW offers no price protection whatsoever judging by what I'm reading in these forums. You pay what it says on the sticker at time of arrival. That's pretty crappy treatment compared to Rivian.
I paid the MSRP. I don't know what others are paying. My other pre-order doesn't haven't any changes in price as far as I can tell tho.
      12-12-2022, 01:51 PM   #51
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
I don't think that's a fair statement. Early iX orders had their prices honored. No? Rivian also had to back pedal some of their price changes.

In the pre-COVID-19 supply chain times, I also had the dealer/BMWNA honor the price that was negotiated at time of order but those were days where 4-6 months was a long time and 3-4 months was the norm for a "non-BMW Individual" order of a BMW built in Germany.
Appreciate 2
xueju1121618.50
FCX52365.50
      12-12-2022, 02:28 PM   #52
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Hi all,

Can I please remind you all that whatever your views, please be respectful to each other.

If in doubt, please refer to the below thread.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1952844

Thanks, Mani

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 3
ppagiga660.00
xueju1121618.50
Paladin15527.00
      12-12-2022, 07:02 PM   #53
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
I don't think that's a fair statement. Early iX orders had their prices honored. No? Rivian also had to back pedal some of their price changes.

In the pre-COVID-19 supply chain times, I also had the dealer/BMWNA honor the price that was negotiated at time of order but those were days where 4-6 months was a long time and 3-4 months was the norm for a "non-BMW Individual" order of a BMW built in Germany.
This is true. We were one of the earliest to pre order the iX 50 and the dealer and BMW could not have been nicer throughout the entire experience. Of course, now having owned it for around 4 months, the iX has exceeded all our expectations. It’s my wife’s DD she keeps raving about how much she enjoys it. Great and easy to drive. IDrive 8 also works very well.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 03:03 AM   #54
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have owned 5 BMWs in a row. I’ve done European delivery twice, PCD once, and I was featured in a BMW documentary. I still own a 2020 X5 m50i. With that said, I am not loyal to any brand. I buy what I believe is the best product. When I saw what Rivian was doing, I had zero interest in BMW for my new car.

BMW has zero respect for their customers. The ix is selling for over MSRP because BMW is manipulating supply. Rivian on the other hand is building as many cars as fast as they can and there is still a 12 month+ wait.

The R1T is full of innovation and thoughtful details. It has character and you can tell it was designed by a passionate group of people. The quality is 1000x better than Tesla and customer service has been top notch. I had one recall for a possible loose bolt. They called me and asked if they could come to my house the following morning to look at it. All I had to do was answer the phone and pull the car out of the garage.

I paid $67k for my R1t fully loaded after tax rebates. There is not a chance in hell I would spend $100k+ on the ix. It is seriously lacking in luxury and desireability at the price point.

Last edited by Mani59; 12-15-2022 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: Removed inappropriate comment
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 03:11 AM   #55
The J-Man
Captain
Rep

Quote:
A ton. Recently, my best friend, who worked at DuPont for many years, was hired to lead a group within Rivian’s R&D department. She has asked me to help them establish relationships with new battery and chemical suppliers because Samsung SDI dropped the ball by providing second-tier batteries to Rivian, causing all sorts of issues, including but not limited to phantom drain, critical battery issues (warning), 12V battery not getting charged, etc., etc. Rivian doesn’t make their own battery in-house, unlike BMW and Tesla, so their eggs are in one basket for now, unfortunately.

You don't have to believe me, of course, since you apparently love your R1T. Good, enjoy it. But it would help if you thought twice before you praised your “perfect” truck. BMW has its issues to deal with, but you don't see us going to the Rivian forum and doing stupid shits like this. You are embarrassing the Rivian brand image.

And I don’t like their style.

Enough for you to digest?

So you are telling me G class sells better than GLE/GLS, and Landcruiser outsells LX, and the most demanded vehicle from LR is the Defender? Got it, chief. You should be hired as the master market strategist by these companies.

Sure, if saying so could make you a tiny bit happier.
If the G class were cheaper it absolutely would outsell the GLE.

Look at the Telluride vs Pallisade. Same car but Telluride outsells the Pallisade 3 to 1 due to its rugged design (and Hyundai has a larger dealership network).

Look at the sucess of the Bronco.

Look at the new Nissan Pathfinder.

Consumers want authentic, rugged, capable SUVs, not some new-age fragile boulevard cruiser that sounds like a spaceship.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 11:46 AM   #56
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
iX selling for over MSRP? Not currently. I can find a dealer who asks for more but they will not get my money. Right now I'm seeing prices at MSRP and starting to see some softening there too. But the days of 10% below are probably a long way away.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 12:42 PM   #57
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:

Look at the Telluride vs Pallisade. Same car but Telluride outsells the Pallisade 3 to 1 due to its rugged design (and Hyundai has a larger dealership network).

Consumers want authentic, rugged, capable SUVs, not some new-age fragile boulevard cruiser that sounds like a spaceship.
Surely by now you have personal validation, don't you? How else can we help?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 02:22 PM   #58
xueju1121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:

Interesting. You modified your post and deleted the first paragraph where you called us iX owner “sensitive” because of the car we bought.

Very interesting.
      12-15-2022, 03:04 PM   #59
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Interesting. You modified your post and deleted the first paragraph where you called us iX owner “sensitive” because of the car we bought.

Very interesting.
that was done by an admin.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
xueju1121618.50
      12-15-2022, 03:54 PM   #60
xueju1121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
that was done by an admin.
Ah I see. Still, interesting nevertheless.
      12-15-2022, 11:17 PM   #61
The J-Man
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Ah I see. Still, interesting nevertheless.
Interesting that you can’t call somebody sensitive on the internet without being censored. The world is in a bad bad place.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 11:22 PM   #62
xueju1121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Interesting that you can’t call somebody sensitive on the internet without being censored. The world is in a bad bad place.
Lol. Dude, just drop it. You are embarrassing yourself and the Rivian brand. It’s all right to make mistakes, as long as you learn from it.
      12-16-2022, 04:03 AM   #63
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
The Amazon delivery truck is fire, that is indisputable
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 06:36 AM   #64
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
I have owned 5 BMWs in a row. I’ve done European delivery twice, PCD once, and I was featured in a BMW documentary. I still own a 2020 X5 m50i. With that said, I am not loyal to any brand. I buy what I believe is the best product. When I saw what Rivian was doing, I had zero interest in BMW for my new car.

BMW has zero respect for their customers. The ix is selling for over MSRP because BMW is manipulating supply. Rivian on the other hand is building as many cars as fast as they can and there is still a 12 month+ wait.

The R1T is full of innovation and thoughtful details. It has character and you can tell it was designed by a passionate group of people. The quality is 1000x better than Tesla and customer service has been top notch. I had one recall for a possible loose bolt. They called me and asked if they could come to my house the following morning to look at it. All I had to do was answer the phone and pull the car out of the garage.

I paid $67k for my R1t fully loaded after tax rebates. There is not a chance in hell I would spend $100k+ on the ix. It is seriously lacking in luxury and desireability at the price point.
Thread was about a good review of iX m60. Review also happened to lay waste to Rivian. Thread title didn’t mention that at all. Tbh, I didn’t read the Rivian half of the article til all the talk from others about it.

Anyhoo, you laid waste to this thread because that half of the article challenged Rivian buyers’ ego in some way? If I were going to use the word sensitive to describe something it might be that. Evolve bro. Cars, sports - no one cares
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 07:54 AM   #65
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:

I’ve never even had a comment about any BMW I’ve ever owned (6 of them). The iX has virtually zero demand/interest compared to Rivian. The iX is just unappealing in comparison. It’s unattractive, overpriced and the interior is too spartan and lacking in luxury and quality for the price point.

You do understand youre speaking to people who have owned range rovers,
G wagons, land cruisers - the pinnacle of that aesthetic. Not the jv edition.

Dumping on others for their choice of vehicle is not even jv. It’s equipment manager level. That’s some high quality h2o
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 08:40 AM   #66
grueber
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50 2023

Quote:

Mediocre build quality. Panel gaps. Loose plastic parts. Loose weatherstripping. Every new auto manufacturer has gone through this. Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, etc.

Lack of carplay/android auto. Why? The reviews say the including nav system in Rivian is trash.

Crappy level 2 driving.

All for a similar price point.
Appreciate 3
ppagiga660.00
xueju1121618.50