Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Question for the team:

Is it bad form to ask who the hot girl is in the picture NEXT to the account holder on a dating site?

Asking for a friend.

Go for it! Let me know how that works out.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      01-28-2019, 03:10 PM   #3038
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Question for the team:

Is it bad form to ask who the hot girl is in the picture NEXT to the account holder on a dating site?

Asking for a friend.

Lol from what I've seen the account holders usually don't take too kindly to that.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      01-28-2019, 04:50 PM   #3039
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Question for the team:

Asking for a friend.

You spend time down south in NOLA, you must have picked up a FEW French phrases???
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      01-28-2019, 06:13 PM   #3040
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You spend time down south in NOLA, you must have picked up a FEW French phrases???
J'mapel MK. This after 2 years of private French Lessons. I need a new stratejery.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
kscarrol8889.50
      01-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #3041
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
J'mapel MK. This after 2 years of private French Lessons. I need a new stratejery.
2 years and u still can't count to 3???
      01-28-2019, 07:18 PM   #3042
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Know a Canadian?

We're supposedly a bilingual nation after all.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 08:08 PM   #3043
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

MK

You are a virtuoso with "Asking for a friend". You could even say for your "uncle"
      01-28-2019, 08:15 PM   #3044
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Come on man, surely you can manage La Nouvelle-Orléans or Baton Rouge?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 09:05 PM   #3045
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

So help me out here...

I've resisted Instagram all these years but am thinking of caving in since it makes a lot of girls more "accessible." Meaning you can DM or a lot of girls are more comfortable sharing IG handles than phone numbers. Anybody have an opinion on this?

IG launched when I was in college but I never made the switch to it, reason being because I hate what IG "represents." Attention seeking, shallow/vapid behavior, needless self promotion, etc. but I've reached a point where I feel like its hurting me more by not having it!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 11:52 PM   #3046
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
So help me out here...

I've resisted Instagram all these years but am thinking of caving in since it makes a lot of girls more "accessible." Meaning you can DM or a lot of girls are more comfortable sharing IG handles than phone numbers. Anybody have an opinion on this?

IG launched when I was in college but I never made the switch to it, reason being because I hate what IG "represents." Attention seeking, shallow/vapid behavior, needless self promotion, etc. but I've reached a point where I feel like its hurting me more by not having it!
dont do it, shit is stupid. i dont have an IG and i never will.

i love when i match with a girl on tinder or bumble and when the conversation progresses and they ask for my instagram and they get all weirded out when i tell them i dont have one. it makes it easy to weed out the shitty people who prioritize creating an image over sharing real experiences.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00
      01-29-2019, 12:57 AM   #3047
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
So help me out here...

oo tough one
it's sadly "important" to portray the good life on instagram, but i completely get why normal people don't post pics with their friends online for everyone to see

id say don't do it, it adds a sense of "mystery". or if you do, literally pay for followers (theyre cheap), make your account private, follow maybe like 100 of the suggested ones and post useless stuff. if you have a high post count and high follower count but a low following count girls see that as you being a high value man (fuck if i know why) so it might help you then

but unless you follow that route i'd say no, the only reason i have one is for car and watch pages and occasionally posting a pic with my boys
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00
      01-29-2019, 02:26 AM   #3048
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

The whole life is meanwhile more networking than personal meeting.
Wifey and me had met first onto a gaming forum and later we'd determined that we would probably never talk to each other when had met face-to-face.
But today I think most ppl are thinking they're nothing w/o IG, FB, Twitter and so on and thats one of the major problems. On one hand we're enjoying other peoples social network strips, especially pics and stuff, at the flip side if you're not hanging on at the same level, you're out.
This spiral hasnt come to an end and as long as you wouldnt find somebody whos giving also a sh*t onto the multimedia you are trapped inside this circle.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #3049
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
So help me out here...

In my opinion, I like to see a guy have an Instagram account. It makes him more "legitimate", especially if it gives his real name. I am more likely to contact someone through Instagram than a dating site.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00
      01-29-2019, 12:03 PM   #3050
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
dont do it!!! you will turn into insta-zombie
Appreciate 2
      01-29-2019, 12:48 PM   #3051
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
In my opinion, I like to see a guy have an Instagram account. It makes him more "legitimate", especially if it gives his real name. I am more likely to contact someone through Instagram than a dating site.
Why is Instagram somehow more reputable than a dating site? Can't either be faked easily enough? This coming from someone who doesn't use instagram of course...but I seem to recall it is easy enough to create an account and upload whatever you want to it. I may even have created an account, but if so, I have no idea what it is called or how to get into it.

I don't know...seems odd. Like Facebook. It is all fake and presents the best possible picture of you that you can, but doesn't expose the warts and what you actually struggle with on a daily basis. I see them all as the same, so it surprises me that girls give some sort of trust to Instagram accounts over all other forms of social media.

Seems to me that if there is some connection that they'd just want to get to know who you really are in real life...see the flaws as well so they know what they are really getting into. Rather than creep a guy on Instagram which only will present the best facets of him and will surely end in disappointment when the girl starts seeing all his flaws.

Vicious cycle though in a way, because then these flaws drive her back to Instagram to see all these other guys portraying themselves in the best light ever and she starts to believe she can do better, so she leaves current person, grabs another, and again starts to discover all the flaws. Meanwhile, years go by.

Sad really, maybe that's why the dating world is so rough out there (from what I hear from a buddy of mine anyways). Everyone is just thinking that what they see on social media is what they should expect in real life...and it just isn't so.

Same goes for guys of course - they are just as guilty of all of the above.

It just seems like we as society have changed (not for the better) with respect to relationships and we are the ones making ourselves unhappy because of our unrealistic expectations that social media gives us (which is generated by us...which means we are the problem). When do we change?
Appreciate 2
      01-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #3052
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Why is Instagram somehow more reputable than a dating site? Can't either be faked easily enough? This coming from someone who doesn't use instagram of course...but I seem to recall it is easy enough to create an account and upload whatever you want to it. I may even have created an account, but if so, I have no idea what it is called or how to get into it.

I don't know...seems odd. Like Facebook. It is all fake and presents the best possible picture of you that you can, but doesn't expose the warts and what you actually struggle with on a daily basis. I see them all as the same, so it surprises me that girls give some sort of trust to Instagram accounts over all other forms of social media.

Seems to me that if there is some connection that they'd just want to get to know who you really are in real life...see the flaws as well so they know what they are really getting into. Rather than creep a guy on Instagram which only will present the best facets of him and will surely end in disappointment when the girl starts seeing all his flaws.

Vicious cycle though in a way, because then these flaws drive her back to Instagram to see all these other guys portraying themselves in the best light ever and she starts to believe she can do better, so she leaves current person, grabs another, and again starts to discover all the flaws. Meanwhile, years go by.

Sad really, maybe that's why the dating world is so rough out there (from what I hear from a buddy of mine anyways). Everyone is just thinking that what they see on social media is what they should expect in real life...and it just isn't so.

It just seems like we as society have changed (not for the better) with respect to relationships and we are the ones making ourselves unhappy because of our unrealistic expectations that social media gives us (which is generated by us...which means we are the problem). When do we change?
we don't, we enjoy the decline for the time being.
yes it's not sustainable, no it's not for every single guy, to some extent yes it's just going with the easier route

i've geniuinely given up all hope on the idea of getting married some day. not because "women are gross" or any other woman-related thing, it's because of the guys

guys nowadays are SO thirsty, or at least they can more openly show their thirst. one of my close friends has two accounts on IG, one for friends and fam and the other where she pretty much is "sponsored" by companies and thirsty incels. as good as friends we are, she isn't that attractive by any means yet she still gets a lot of "gifts" from these guys.

OH AND my personal favorite: girls openly putting their venmo on tinder bios. THAT's peak humanity material right there
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
      01-29-2019, 01:58 PM   #3053
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Why is Instagram somehow more reputable than a dating site? Can't either be faked easily enough?

Yes it can be faked, so I don't really see Instagram as being more reputable. Maybe to show off? Obviously with more pictures the chances of it being faked are less, but it is still pretty easy to post pictures of someone/something taken from their facebook or their own instagram and post them to your fake account. There are also people who are very talented with photo editing.

I remember on another automotive forum I was a member of, a guy got called out because he linked a picture to his instagram, where other forum members spotted pictures of their vehicles and he was claiming they were his.

If anything, Snapchat is probably the most reputable, because it is usually instant (unless uploading a saved photo), so harder to fake. I have Facebook and snapchat, nothing else. My Facebook profile I'm never on, and it has a few professional photos on it. My company was recently hiring a new IT technician position with mostly younger candidates, and many of them clearly did not know potential employers will check out Facebook and Instagram accounts judging by the pictures many of these people had posted.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 02:13 PM   #3054
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Yes it can be faked, so I don't really see Instagram as being more reputable. Maybe to show off? Obviously with more pictures the chances of it being faked are less, but it is still pretty easy to post pictures of someone/something taken from their facebook or their own instagram and post them to your fake account. There are also people who are very talented with photo editing.

I remember on another automotive forum I was a member of, a guy got called out because he linked a picture to his instagram, where other forum members spotted pictures of their vehicles and he was claiming they were his.

If anything, Snapchat is probably the most reputable, because it is usually instant (unless uploading a saved photo), so harder to fake. I have Facebook and snapchat, nothing else. My Facebook profile I'm never on, and it has a few professional photos on it. My company was recently hiring a new IT technician position with mostly younger candidates, and many of them clearly did not know potential employers will check out Facebook and Instagram accounts judging by the pictures many of these people had posted.
Yeah - that is pretty funny isn't it? I always use facebook as it's the only one I have to check out potential candidates. Usually before they attend the interview, unless I'm unsuccessful at finding them. I find it to be very useful.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 02:26 PM   #3055
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post

OH AND my personal favorite: girls openly putting their venmo on tinder bios. THAT's peak humanity material right there
That's my favorite also.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2019, 02:38 PM   #3056
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Of course anything can be faked. Hence the word "legitimate" in quotes. As I stated, I would look for a full name and then google him. Dating sites I have used don't give real names. Often on IG, you can see tagged photos of people showing who their friends and family are. I guess the same as Facebook which I don't use.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 03:16 PM   #3057
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Nice to have the female perspective. I'm sure a lot of gals want a dude who's "popular" on IG, but many like yourself just view IG as a source of legitimacy in our social media crazed world.

My friends who are most successful with girls don't bother with social media at all. But I'll admit I don't have as much game as they do.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 03:19 PM   #3058
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Nice to have the female perspective. I'm sure a lot of gals want a dude who's "popular" on IG, but many like yourself just view IG as a source of legitimacy in our social media crazed world.

My friends who are most successful with girls don't bother with social media at all. But I'll admit I don't have as much game as they do.
On the contrary, I rather see a guy who isn't too active or popular on IG actually.
Appreciate 2