Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

05-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #67
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
My American friend I must admit I've never heard of a gas powered lawn mower!I did have a briggs and stratton for ages but it eventually needed so many parts and being heavy I recycled it and got a lighter electric corded one. I just get rid of the clippings to let the grass breathe and the soil get spiked once or twice every year for drainage.
Great news that your lawn receives the proper care and love!

My lawn tractor should arrive in about two weeks due to COVID delays....it is powered by a 20 HP V-twin Kawasaki 4 stroke gas engine with a really incredible hydrostatic fluid drive transmission....

I think I'll follow my MBelgium friend's suggestion and place some after-market performance parts decals on the hood!!!!
      05-07-2020, 10:35 AM   #68
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Way to go MBelgium!!!!
Great idea to put stickers on your mower....please send a pic!!!!
Ordered my friend . Also some underwear
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      05-07-2020, 10:38 AM   #69
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My mom's lucky number is 3, I'll ask her to double it up!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #70
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Great news that your lawn receives the proper care and love!

My lawn tractor should arrive in about two weeks due to COVID delays....it is powered by a 20 HP V-twin Kawasaki 4 stroke gas engine with a really incredible hydrostatic fluid drive transmission....

I think I'll follow my MBelgium friend's suggestion and place some after-market performance parts decals on the hood!!!!
Can you order the lawn tractor in RED BULL colours maybe??!!
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #71
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
''I am not designed to finish second, I am designed to win''
Ayrton Senna
"I'm born on the circuit , that's why the second place is for a loser "

@quoteMaxVerstappen

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      05-07-2020, 11:04 AM   #72
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
"I'm born on the circuit , that's why the second place is for a loser "

@quoteMaxVerstappen
I have a Mika Haakinen tee shirt somewhere from a long long time ago..it says on the front with his picture 'No one remembers when your second'
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 02:12 PM   #73
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Exactly my friend . You nailed it !
The first time that I saw Leatherique it was on the Rolls forum ..

As for your ///M tri-color stitching . Check my tri-stichting on my steering wheel..
My Tri-stitching was done with Leatherique ... And a soft toothbrush
Just the last quarter back seating left my friend, leatheriqued and waiting for that to cure now. The other rear half was damp cloth cleaned just now and micro fibre finished as was the steering wheel. It's the newer LCI one that was luckily already fitted when I bought the car and it looks just wow, the stitching looks resplendent like brand new. While I was oiling I counted the speakers and there are 13 of them and had some nice music on as I worked. Charger has gone back on the car to regenerate battery.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #74
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Just the last quarter back seating left my friend, leatheriqued and waiting for that to cure now. The other rear half was damp cloth cleaned just now and micro fibre finished as was the steering wheel. It's the newer LCI one that was luckily already fitted when I bought the car and it looks just wow, the stitching looks resplendent like brand new. While I was oiling I counted the speakers and there are 13 of them and had some nice music on as I worked. Charger has gone back on the car to regenerate battery.
Well my friend . As I know it's really difficult to convince a person when he/she has the habit of using product X
In other words ....I'm happy that I could convince you my friend , just by words and by showing some pictures of my Leatherique leather treatment .
It is not the easiest leather treatment , but when we see the end result it is a very rewarding effort .
Over the years I tried pretty much every brand of leather treatment , and that's not cheap . Finally I tried it with Leatherique , saw what it did and I threw the same day all my other products in my trash bin !

What do you think about the smell of it ?
I'm happy my friend because I could make "you" happy

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      05-07-2020, 04:03 PM   #75
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Well my friend . As I know it's really difficult to convince a person when he/she has the habit of using product X
In other words ....I'm happy that I could convince you my friend , just by words and by showing some pictures of my Leatherique leather treatment .
It is not the easiest leather treatment , but when we see the end result it is a very rewarding effort .
Over the years I tried pretty much every brand of leather treatment , and that's not cheap . Finally I tried it with Leatherique , saw what it did and I threw the same day all my other products in my trash bin !

What do you think about the smell of it ?
I'm more than happy and it's not that much more effort than normal white cream..only the waiting for it to cure the leather which is nothing.The smell is leathery and nice.
Now we just have to convince our friend Racerbruce...
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 05:26 PM   #76
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

My MBelgium friend -

Quote:
Wowie! Great decals!!!!

Those are the fastest undies on the planet!!!!
      05-07-2020, 05:27 PM   #77
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

My UKM5 friend -

Quote:
Can you order the lawn tractor in RED BULL colours maybe??!!
I wish!!!!
The green and yellow look nice (a throwback to Lotus colors at one time!) which is my dream car....a 2008 Lotus Exige S.
      05-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #78
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -

Quote:
I'm more than happy and it's not that much more effort than normal white cream..only the waiting for it to cure the leather which is nothing.The smell is leathery and nice.
Now we just have to convince our friend Racerbruce...
Such incredible endorsements from the professionals! I have this on my list, for sure....
      05-08-2020, 01:58 AM   #79
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Such incredible endorsements from the professionals! I have this on my list, for sure....
The sooner you do it the better, get the smaller size for your two seater.
Remember that I did the garden before well its time to do it again.With this tropical like weather we're not used to,everything grows like crazy and a tip from me is don't water the lawn..the damn thing grows quicker
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 02:54 AM   #80
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=racerbruce;26132690]
Quote:

Can't wait!
It's not over my friend, without fear of boring you do you want to know the worst error of that classic film...
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 05:49 AM   #81
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

I'm extremely grateful you put me onto that product my friend, now I will try to return the favour.
If you just put petrol and nothing else in your M then I have a suggestion.
There are all sorts claims made by fuel companies why their fuel is better but reluctant to say 'why' exactly,Shell springs to mind.
I use RedEx fuel additive every other tankful.It's been going since the '60's,upgraded as time goes on and selling strong; What's good about it is that it's not only a cleaner but keeps your plugs and injectors primed, lowers C02 also protects your whole fuel system and keeps the tops of cylinders cleaner also exhaust valves. My cars done 36k and the 'original' plugs from new haven't missed a beat.
It's a good thing to put in before you store your car for a while as you do for the winter.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 06:43 AM   #82
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26149267]
Quote:

It's not over my friend, without fear of boring you do you want to know the worst error of that classic film...
YES!!!!
      05-08-2020, 06:52 AM   #83
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

My UKM5 friend -

Quote:
I'm extremely grateful you put me onto that product my friend, now I will try to return the favour.
There are all sorts claims made by fuel companies why their fuel is better but reluctant to say 'why' exactly,Shell springs to mind.
I use RedEx fuel additive every other tankful.It's been going since the '60's,upgraded as time goes on and selling strong; What's good about it is that it's not only a cleaner but keeps your plugs and injectors primed, lowers C02 also protects your whole fuel system and keeps the tops of cylinders cleaner also exhaust valves. My cars done 36k and the 'original' plugs from new haven't missed a beat.
It's a good thing to put in before you store your car for a while as you do for the winter.
My UKM5 friend -
You are spot-on; gasoline additives are beneficial and reduce carbon buildup, clean the fuel injectors, gas tank, etc; many gasolines have an additive and I have chosen Chevron exclusively for the Red Roadster to support the very high 11.5:1 compression ratio in the S54 engine; Chevron sells a product entitled Techron that you add to the tank every 3,000 miles; since I only drive about 1,000 miles annually I add a bottle of Techron once per year; it has kept the Red Roadster clean and running great:

https://www.chevronlubricants.com/en...m-cleaner.html
      05-08-2020, 07:25 AM   #84
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=racerbruce;26149524]
Quote:

YES!!!!
Lets go back to that same scene just before Sarti's encounter with the loose exhaust pipe. The clip before the pipe falls off shows him in the middle of banking then the pipe falls off and...Sarti is down right at the bottom of the banking on other side of yellow line! Made more for film audience impact than what would really happen.
Picture also the speed of Sarti catching everyone miraculously starting late, (jet-mode)? and Barlini in the other Ferrari getting a mere 7-8 seconds ahead of the chasing pack.
Right,back to the gardening
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 10:22 AM   #85
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Well said -

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26149602]
Quote:

Lets go back to that same scene just before Sarti's encounter with the loose exhaust pipe. The clip before the pipe falls off shows him in the middle of banking then the pipe falls off and...Sarti is down right at the bottom of the banking on other side of yellow line! Made more for film audience impact than what would really happen.
Picture also the speed of Sarti catching everyone miraculously starting late, (jet-mode)? and Barlini in the other Ferrari getting a mere 7-8 seconds ahead of the chasing pack.
Right,back to the gardening
Indeed!
Well said - it must be Mr Frankenheimer's director latitude; perhaps they should have consulted with the infamous GP drivers of the time that were on set (Hill, Hill, Bondurant, etc).

The garden has no off-switch this time of year! It will be 83F (28C) this Sunday (Mother's Day).
      05-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #86
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I will order RedEx and try it . Thank you so much my friend !
For me ,nothing else than Shell V-Power 98-RON without ethanol .
But I have to say , my car runs also strong with TOTAL Excellium 98-RON .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      05-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #87
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I will order RedEx and try it . Thank you so much my friend !
For me ,nothing else than Shell V-Power 98-RON without ethanol .
But I have to say , my car runs also strong with TOTAL Excellium 98-RON .

In UK maximum 5% ethanol in 99RON fuel (E5) inc. V-Power which Shell claim is 99 but not present on pumps. I use mostly Momentum 99 with the RedEx.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #88
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=racerbruce;26150198]
Quote:

Indeed!
Well said - it must be Mr Frankenheimer's director latitude; perhaps they should have consulted with the infamous GP drivers of the time that were on set (Hill, Hill, Bondurant, etc).

The garden has no off-switch this time of year! It will be 83F (28C) this Sunday (Mother's Day).
I wonder if Frankenheimer ever went to motor race meetings or supported any teams/drivers.
Appreciate 1