05-18-2021, 05:13 PM   #23
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Even as a foreigner you are allowed to buy a car private way or at a dealer without any issues, just inform him before buying about more special circumstances. Most dealers prefer a personal show up, a must at private selled cars. You have to check out, if your desired object are buyable via remote.
When you're planning to store your car after buying it for a no longer specified term, you have to check possible locations for this. Theres no urge or need to bring it immediately back on the street. Exeption: German Street laws are demanding every 2 years after in-service a technical inspection. When this inspection is overdue after you pick up your car sometime later, you wouldnt get a numberplate as long as you had presented the car to the inspector. This includes also temp plates for private persons, only pro dealers have so called red letter plates, which are valid on both sides of condition.
If the way from the dealer to the store is a longer way, you're be able to drive your car from/to with special temporary number plates and you must hold an international drivers license if asked. Im not entirely sure if thats mandatory for you into foreign countries or if your US license would be also accepted.
Proper paperwork would be the final key to extract your car from here, because the customs have to know all paid sums, papers of the car, taxes, you name it.
So far, any questions, let me know.
Much appreciated sir! I would plan to keep up with all local inspections and requirements, as I might keep it in Germany for a couple of years and use it as a touring vehicle if I come to Germany for a vacation.

The vehicle is located in Trier but I would not plan to keep it there. Are you aware of any companies that will store cars, but also exercise them occasionally, and take care of all inspection and legal matters on my behalf while the car is in Germany? I've tried searching but seem to end up with a lot of storage facilities for keeping boxes or house contents.
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12508.50
      05-18-2021, 05:14 PM   #24
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Ahh, my bad. Now, I don't speak Kiwi, but I'm going to take a stab at translating the above into Aussie, figuring that while not the same, you might have better success at understanding me. And Alfisti can correct me if I've gone off track in my conversion to the Aussie slang.

Here we go:

"Pride goeth before the fall, ya cunt".
Get a big black dog up ya!

All said with the utmost respect
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 10:24 PM   #25
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
All said with the utmost respect
Oh, of course, goes without saying.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 10:46 PM   #26
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

So you wanna buy a car in Germany, with no real intention of actually seeing or driving it, until you eventually retire and possibly end up shipping it to New Zealand some day..??

Sounds like a massive cluster F in the making.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 01:18 AM   #27
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Forgot the Fuckin' after 'ya'
You’ve been away too long, it would be “Fuck off, Cunt!”

Seriously though, we don’t all speak like that unless there’s a fucken huge Huntsman involved!
Appreciate 1
Buug95917180.00
      05-19-2021, 02:33 AM   #28
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Much appreciated sir! I would plan to keep up with all local inspections and requirements, as I might keep it in Germany for a couple of years and use it as a touring vehicle if I come to Germany for a vacation.

The vehicle is located in Trier but I would not plan to keep it there. Are you aware of any companies that will store cars, but also exercise them occasionally, and take care of all inspection and legal matters on my behalf while the car is in Germany? I've tried searching but seem to end up with a lot of storage facilities for keeping boxes or house contents.
You're welcome and Im glad to help you.

I could provide you with three different links for professional storage, located across Germany but mostly south.
You have to check, if you use a translator program if this is suitable to let you get all information needed, if not, come back to me and ask again, no problem.

https://www.hubraum-gmbh.de/ (most recommended with overall service and abilities but around Munich, 300mls from Trier)
https://www.exklusiv-transport.de/le...ugeinlagerung/ (Also pros with several offers at storage, 120mls south-east of Trier)
https://www.hess-fahrzeuglogistik.de...nlagerung.html (More global storage, fleetservice and less technical orientated, 150mls north-east of Trier)

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
dinonz3216.00
      05-19-2021, 06:40 AM   #29
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post

Seriously though, we don’t all speak like that unless there’s a fucken huge Huntsman involved!
You know, I had such a beautiful image in my mind of how you guys speak.... and you're ruining it, ya cunt!
Appreciate 1
HFW0035683.50
      05-19-2021, 06:46 AM   #30
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
You know, I had such a beautiful image in my mind of how you guys speak.... and you're ruining it, ya cunt!
Fuck you!
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      05-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #31
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Fuck you!
Much better. Try to stay in character with the script in my mind in the future mmmkay?
Appreciate 1
HFW0035683.50
      05-19-2021, 09:38 AM   #32
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Will you weirdos please discuss your local voice-and-spoken issues into a separate thread, thank you.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 08:40 PM   #33
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're welcome and Im glad to help you.

I could provide you with three different links for professional storage, located across Germany but mostly south.
You have to check, if you use a translator program if this is suitable to let you get all information needed, if not, come back to me and ask again, no problem.

https://www.hubraum-gmbh.de/ (most recommended with overall service and abilities but around Munich, 300mls from Trier)
https://www.exklusiv-transport.de/le...ugeinlagerung/ (Also pros with several offers at storage, 120mls south-east of Trier)
https://www.hess-fahrzeuglogistik.de...nlagerung.html (More global storage, fleetservice and less technical orientated, 150mls north-east of Trier)
Awesome - thank you! I will check out each one, but given after the initial purchase it's only a one time trip, the one nearer Munich might be best as that's a major entry port when flying in internationally, making it more convenient to get to the car.
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12508.50
      05-19-2021, 09:39 PM   #34
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Will you weirdos please discuss your local voice-and-spoken issues into a separate thread, thank you.

Fuck you too and Kangaroo you rode in on!

You Kawasaki riders are all the same
Appreciate 0