Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

01-12-2018, 05:10 PM   #837
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Depends how loud I guess...but when I’m doing a heavy compound lift and inhaling a shit ton of air and pushing out against my abdominal wall as hard as I can, I can’t help but make some weird exhaling sounds lol

But making sounds just for the sake of making sounds is kinda annoying...but nothing Bose Quiet Comfort noise cancelling headphones can’t fix!

are we talking about making noises on squats or deadlifts? Definitely not the bench... unless you on juice then totally ok...lol

I can understand the “I am man” noises for the DL. Less so on the squats... I read somewhere that DL’s boost ur testosterone.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #838
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
are we talking about making noises on squats or deadlifts? Definitely not the bench... unless you on juice then totally ok...lol

I can understand the “I am man” noises for the DL. Less so on the squats... I read somewhere that DL’s boost ur testosterone.
True....Squats and Deads are growth activators.

On the topic of squats....all the dudes who hike up their shorts to the crotch to squat!?!?! Then walk around like that till the’re done. Just wear spandex already (not like that is any better) Or buy the shorts that stretch and are made to move!!!! Looks retarded, spare us the adult diaper look please! Haaaa #GoingFullDiaper

Last edited by FlaPatsFan; 01-13-2018 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      01-12-2018, 08:08 PM   #839
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

My old key-card powerlifting gym was chalk, ammonia, nosebleeds, heavy metal and everyone screaming at you during a PR attempt.

Listening to some dbag in 24 hour fitness screaming as he bounces 225 off his chest for a couple of shitty reps isn't really that cool.
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      01-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #840
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Was there a hole in the wall where used syringes go? Early gym I started at was same thing, in a basement of old building and no women went. Hard core old school madness
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      01-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #841
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Was there a hole in the wall where used syringes go? Early gym I started at was same thing, in a basement of old building and no women went. Hard core old school madness
no needles, but one time a junky chick wandered in on a friday night and started shooting up in the gym bathroom. The whole gym was maybe 1000 sqft at most, so it was pretty obvious what she was doing and we had to nicely ask her to go get her fix in someone else's bathroom

The first gym I went to did have roids and pins behind the desk, if you were willing to pay the insane markup the owner charged, this was back in the days before kids could buy them online in 30 seconds
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      01-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #842
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post

On the topic of squats....all the dudes who hike up their shorts to the crotch to squat!?!?! Then walk around like that till the’re done. Just wear spandex already (not like that is any better) Or by the shorts that stretch and are made to move!!!! Looks retarded, spare us the adult diaper look please! Haaaa #GoingFullDiaper

Lol. I do that... it gives me less restriction when I do deep squats... ass to the ground type. Not the half ass pretend squats people be doing
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #843
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
My old key-card powerlifting gym was chalk, ammonia, nosebleeds, heavy metal and everyone screaming at you during a PR attempt.

Listening to some dbag in 24 hour fitness screaming as he bounces 225 off his chest for a couple of shitty reps isn't really that cool.
Is it possible to give you a million "appreciates"?

Completely agree sir.

Getting kinda tired of these wannabe powerlifters. They're pussies. They look like pussies, sound like pussies, and act like pussies. Yet biggest egos on the planet.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 09:38 AM   #844
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

On the topic of squats....all the dudes who hike up their shorts to the crotch to squat!?!?! Then walk around like that till the’re done. Just wear spandex already (not like that is any better) Or by the shorts that stretch and are made to move!!!! Looks retarded, spare us the adult diaper look please! Haaaa #GoingFullDiaper

Lol. I do that... it gives me less restriction when I do deep squats... ass to the ground type. Not the half ass pretend squats people be doing
Instead of going the feminine route and hiking up your shorts like a chick for "less restriction," you know you COULD go the masculine route and wear sufficiently looser clothing so you aren't being restricted when fully extended...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #845
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Haaaa, I appreciate your honesty sir. And the ass to grass squats. Just don’t go full Diaper.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #846
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Instead of going the feminine route and hiking up your shorts like a chick for "less restriction," you know you COULD go the masculine route and wear sufficiently looser clothing so you aren't being restricted when fully extended...
I would but I’m part of that younger crowd that wears skinny jeans as well as tapered sweats... styling brah...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #847
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I would but I’m part of that younger crowd that wears skinny jeans as well as tapered sweats... styling brah...
F@gg0t...

Hey man, I'm part of the younger crowd too...but maybe I'm just too much of a man compared to ya'll little girly dudes...skinny jeans, tight Gymshark shirts, gay "buzz on sides, long on top" haircuts, closet dick lovers, very emotionally unstable, cheating on every girl with some whales...smfh
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #848
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
F@gg0t...

Hey man, I'm part of the younger crowd too...but maybe I'm just too much of a man compared to ya'll little girly dudes...skinny jeans, tight Gymshark shirts, gay "buzz on sides, long on top" haircuts, closet dick lovers, very emotionally unstable, cheating on ever girl with some whales...smfh

Lol. Someone’s angry... u remind me of my good bro who’s a massive power lifter... he literally says the same stuff. If u need a hug...

I’m happily married with kids lol... the haircut u are talking is a pompadour brah. No different than a buzz cut or a Caesar cut.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #849
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Choosing fashion over function at the gym is not usually the best idea. Find the middle ground Brah. Skinny tapered sweats...Haaaaaaa
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      01-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #850
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Choosing fashion over function at the gym is not usually the best idea. Find the middle ground Brah. Skinny tapered sweats...Haaaaaaa

Only chest days... like I mentioned above. Squat days. Shorts hiked up like diapers

No gymshark. But totally jealous of the guy that built the brand
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #851
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
F@gg0t...

Hey man, I'm part of the younger crowd too...but maybe I'm just too much of a man compared to ya'll little girly dudes...skinny jeans, tight Gymshark shirts, gay "buzz on sides, long on top" haircuts, closet dick lovers, very emotionally unstable, cheating on ever girl with some whales...smfh

Lol. Someone’s angry... u remind me of my good bro who’s a massive power lifter... he literally says the same stuff. If u need a hug...

I’m happily married with kids lol... the haircut u are talking is a pompadour brah. No different than a buzz cut or a Caesar cut.
Not angry at all man...I'm just trying to help you not have your girl leave you for me : she's gonna grow weary of the skinny tapered Gymshark sweats and she'll come looking for a real man with loose, straight leg non-designer sweats...

I bet 90% of your weight training sessions also consist of bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, and finding machines as close to any remotely attractive female as possible

"But but I squat bro!!" Half-assed 2 rep 3 set squats with grunting, moaning, and mean muggin the group of fat new years resolutioners
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #852
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Lol.This has been a blast guys... I gotta go back to staring at the chicks
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #853
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Man I had a gentleman who had 2 mechanical legs ask me to take a 45 plate off for him, and the motherfucker said sorry for bothering you. I set his ass straight. Anyone who lost their legs in combat, can get anything from me just short of a bj.
      01-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #854
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Man I had a gentleman who had 2 mechanical legs ask me to take a 45 plate off for him, and the motherfucker said sorry for bothering you. I set his ass straight. Anyone who lost their legs in combat, can get anything from me just short of a bj.
Good on you. Shook hand of ww2 vet yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 02:26 PM   #855
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Always an inspiration seeing that kind of stuff. Never underestimate the will to fight and never give up. Even if it means applying it to your everyday life! Good job brother 👊
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #856
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

One of my good buddies is now “affiliated” with one of those LYFT wannabe clothing lines. He started posting stuff about using his discount code to get 10% off and shit. I don’t think we can be friends anymore
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 11:56 PM   #857
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

LOL this morning this dude i see at the gym i've know for about a year now with normal short conversations here and there usually pretty quiet guy during his workouts. I normally see him work out in the early evenings but i had a schedule change to work at 10am so i had to hit the gym like at 8am. Holy moly i'm on the complete opposite side of the gym where the machines are and through my headphones i can hear a guy screaming and grunting like there's no tomorrow. i take my Studio Beats off i can clearly hear what Ronnie Coleman does before he lifts "Hey Buddy!!!!! Light Weight...Light Weighttttt!!! oooooooooooooooo!!!!" and i walk over to see who the f this is and low and behold it's that dude i was pretty shocked to see him do this as i wasn't expecting this guy to be "that guy"
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      01-15-2018, 03:48 AM   #858
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

"Trainers" who have obese people doing the same damn machine exercise every day that has you sit stationary and move a tiny little muscle...
Appreciate 2