06-25-2022, 09:34 AM   #45
PhilD
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Staten View Post
Yeah, that does look brilliant! Out of curiosity, what interior did you mate with it?
Amibo (black leather). I had originally wanted the oyster sensatec as I like my interior’s light but my previous iX order fell through so I ended up taking this dealer pre-specced model. The leather feels really nice though, much nicer than the Sensatec. Hopefully in future they’ll add a light leather interior.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 12:32 PM   #46
Greg Staten
Private
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
Amibo (black leather). I had originally wanted the oyster sensatec as I like my interior’s light but my previous iX order fell through so I ended up taking this dealer pre-specced model. The leather feels really nice though, much nicer than the Sensatec. Hopefully in future they’ll add a light leather interior.
I ordered mine with the Castanea Chestnut Leather as I wanted leather, but not black leather in Houston summers. I "think" it will be a good combo, but still haven't seen it live.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 01:04 PM   #47
Lanejcooper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW iX50

I love the CC. And no complaints of being too hot in Houston
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 03:01 PM   #48
Greg Staten
Private
Rep

Lanejcooper - out of curiosity which Houston area dealer did you buy yours from?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #49
Lanejcooper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW iX50

Quote:
Lanejcooper - out of curiosity which Houston area dealer did you buy yours from?
Momentum on 59. I was day one reservation and got their first allocation. They made everything seamless and took good care of us.
Appreciate 1
F12M6MD324.00
      06-26-2022, 08:13 AM   #50
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
Quote:
Yeah, that does look brilliant! Out of curiosity, what interior did you mate with it?
This is off topic, but when I saw Amido leather at my dealer it struck me as clearly a blue leather, like a dark navy. Am I crazy, was that just an indoor lighting trick?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 12:39 PM   #51
Greg Staten
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanejcooper View Post
Momentum on 59. I was day one reservation and got their first allocation. They made everything seamless and took good care of us.
Ah so. My order is at BMW North Houston. I've heard many great things about Momentum, but they're just a bit far away from me.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 04:13 PM   #52
PhilD
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
This is off topic, but when I saw Amido leather at my dealer it struck me as clearly a blue leather, like a dark navy. Am I crazy, was that just an indoor lighting trick?
I wouldn't say it's blue but it's not black-black. Something like a very dark grey in person. Not as light as photos might suggest though.
Appreciate 2
sor3102.00
Paladin15527.00
      08-05-2022, 02:09 PM   #53
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartM View Post
Ta-da! Team detailer domain rocks!
Hi, checking in again on your Xpel Stealth wrap experience. How are you finding it to live with, maintenance, and are you still happy with the results?

Considering doing it myself.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 02:42 PM   #54
IheartM
Rep
Drives: f90 '18

I love everything about it. since it's full wrapped...OCD folks, cover your eyes... i ONE bucket wash it a few times already.

if I was to complain...too much attention w/the car. Kinda expected it but a bit too much for my book...people taking pics as we're driving/parked. get your shades on.
Appreciate 1
JonoNZ676.50
      08-06-2022, 03:08 PM   #55
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
too much attention w/the car. Kinda expected it but a bit too much for my book...people taking pics as we're driving/parked. get your shades on.
Good thing my second stop after delivery is for tint (1st stop PPF)!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 12:16 AM   #56
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
I love everything about it. since it's full wrapped...OCD folks, cover your eyes... i ONE bucket wash it a few times already.

if I was to complain...too much attention w/the car. Kinda expected it but a bit too much for my book...people taking pics as we're driving/parked. get your shades on.
That's awesome, I'm pretty sure we'll go ahead with it too. I really like how the Stealth sharpens up the panel creases and styling and eliminates the 'wavey panel' look that the iX has on the sides a bit. Reminds me of the iX concepts back in the day.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 12:49 AM   #57
Louis_BE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoe66 View Post
Beautiful car. Except the front. I would buy one next week if my family would ever get used to the front.
Remember the Q7, Audi introduced a monster grill larger than the iX, frankly I do not see it anymore, actually I like it … so buy the iX you will love it! (Moved from a Model X to iX, frankly besides the route planner the iX is so much better)
Appreciate 0