BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #111
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Just added two more cube cameras to my setup. Very impressed with the quality!



However, running them all in 1080p 15fps, I can see my computer really starting to struggle. I only record the outside cameras, not the inside cameras, and just viewing the four cameras and recording two, my CPU is pegged at 100%.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #112
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

So I bought a few more cameras, and a new switch:



Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #113
zx10guy
Colonel
2230
Rep
2,343
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Nice. I still haven't bought that extra camera I wanted. Keep going back and forth between a PTZ to a fixed camera with 2 way audio to just getting another turret camera like I have now. Decisions....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 09:49 AM   #114
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Nice. I still haven't bought that extra camera I wanted. Keep going back and forth between a PTZ to a fixed camera with 2 way audio to just getting another turret camera like I have now. Decisions....
I think a PTZ is fun, but unless you're going to be actively monitoring it all day long, I think the fun factor would wear off soon. If anything, get a varifocal camera.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #115
zx10guy
Colonel
2230
Rep
2,343
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I think a PTZ is fun, but unless you're going to be actively monitoring it all day long, I think the fun factor would wear off soon. If anything, get a varifocal camera.
The more I think about it, I think you're right. I'm looking at this one from Hikvision:

http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Pro...532_i7567.html

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #116
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
The more I think about it, I think you're right. I'm looking at this one from Hikvision:

http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Pro...532_i7567.html

I'm reading online people aren't overly impressed with the 4MP cameras yet. I decided to stick with 3MP.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #117
zx10guy
Colonel
2230
Rep
2,343
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

What is it they are not impressed with? I think I saw these newer cameras are supposed to perform better in low light situations. I'm not after more resolution as the 3MP cameras I have are fine. I figure if I'm buying a camera now, I'd get the latest.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #118
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
What is it they are not impressed with? I think I saw these newer cameras are supposed to perform better in low light situations. I'm not after more resolution as the 3MP cameras I have are fine. I figure if I'm buying a camera now, I'd get the latest.
It's actually the low light where I'm seeing that people were a little disappointed in the 4MP cameras.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #119
zx10guy
Colonel
2230
Rep
2,343
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
It's actually the low light where I'm seeing that people were a little disappointed in the 4MP cameras.
Interesting. I'll have to read up on it some more before I pull the trigger then.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #120
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Interesting. I'll have to read up on it some more before I pull the trigger then.
Did you get your cameras and NVR sorted out?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 11:38 AM   #121
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Just look at this bad boy I installed!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #122
zx10guy
Colonel
2230
Rep
2,343
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Did you get your cameras and NVR sorted out?
No. Not yet. I've been corresponding with Frankie at LTS. I think he's tired of me pinging him. So, the new 4 MP cameras seem to not work at all with my NVR; even after changing the stream resolution to 1080P which I know my NVR supports. I did try one camera of theirs which has a max 3 MP resolution which does work. Thank goodness they have demo cameras accessible from the Internet. That's how I was able to determine if the cameras worked or not.

I am going to buy something from them because of the service and help I've received so far without even spending a cent with them. I may just buy their non hacked English version of the 3 MP cameras I have already. I've been thinking if a motorized varifocal camera really makes sense for me. I may also replace my NVR with one of theirs.

I'd still like to add audio capability to the camera I have at my front door. I need to browse their catalog some to see what options there are.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #123
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
No. Not yet. I've been corresponding with Frankie at LTS. I think he's tired of me pinging him. So, the new 4 MP cameras seem to not work at all with my NVR; even after changing the stream resolution to 1080P which I know my NVR supports. I did try one camera of theirs which has a max 3 MP resolution which does work. Thank goodness they have demo cameras accessible from the Internet. That's how I was able to determine if the cameras worked or not.

I am going to buy something from them because of the service and help I've received so far without even spending a cent with them. I may just buy their non hacked English version of the 3 MP cameras I have already. I've been thinking if a motorized varifocal camera really makes sense for me. I may also replace my NVR with one of theirs.

I'd still like to add audio capability to the camera I have at my front door. I need to browse their catalog some to see what options there are.
Yes, when it comes to service and support, those guys are top of the line.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 08:34 PM   #124
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
858
Rep
1,948
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Just added two more cube cameras to my setup. Very impressed with the quality!



However, running them all in 1080p 15fps, I can see my computer really starting to struggle. I only record the outside cameras, not the inside cameras, and just viewing the four cameras and recording two, my CPU is pegged at 100%.
I just got one of these to replace our old foscam fI9821, but I think I am going to return it.

I am going to miss ptz too much, and don't think the picture quality is that much of a step up from the foscam. I think I am going to try the amcrest 1080p model instead. Unless you guys think there is something else I should try before going back to foscam.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 09:09 AM   #125
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I just got one of these to replace our old foscam fI9821, but I think I am going to return it.

I am going to miss ptz too much, and don't think the picture quality is that much of a step up from the foscam. I think I am going to try the amcrest 1080p model instead. Unless you guys think there is something else I should try before going back to foscam.
That's pretty surprising. This camera, especially in day mode, is one of my best quality cameras. When properly setup, this should blow the Foscam out of the water and then some.

Mind posting some pics of the Foscam and the Hikvision, side by side, so we can see?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #126
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
858
Rep
1,948
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
That's pretty surprising. This camera, especially in day mode, is one of my best quality cameras. When properly setup, this should blow the Foscam out of the water and then some.

Mind posting some pics of the Foscam and the Hikvision, side by side, so we can see?
After messing with it after posting, the Hikvision does look much better now. The default settings were set for medium on picture quality and the frame rate was at 10. After changing it to highest and 25 it looks much better. A picture is below, but you can't tell much of a difference at that size.

Since I am only allowed to place the cameras in a certain place in the kids room to please my wife. I am still going to need ptz.

I will keep the hikvision and place it somewhere else though, and get the amcrest for the baby's room.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7svhxu6k8...33.40.png?dl=0
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 10:16 PM   #127
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
After messing with it after posting, the Hikvision does look much better now. The default settings were set for medium on picture quality and the frame rate was at 10. After changing it to highest and 25 it looks much better. A picture is below, but you can't tell much of a difference at that size.

Since I am only allowed to place the cameras in a certain place in the kids room to please my wife. I am still going to need ptz.

I will keep the hikvision and place it somewhere else though, and get the amcrest for the baby's room.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7svhxu6k8...33.40.png?dl=0
Looks pretty good to me! I actually just installed one at the apartment downtown, overlooking the river. I turned night vision off for obvious reasons, so anything in the dark is nothing to write home about, but the daytime quality is very impressive.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #128
w210e55
Private
16
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: '13 535i msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (2)

does anyone have an opinon on the lorex systems? I'm currently building a house and having cat 6 drops done for cameras and considering the lorex systems. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 12:02 PM   #129
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
6110
Rep
9,196
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w210e55 View Post
does anyone have an opinon on the lorex systems? I'm currently building a house and having cat 6 drops done for cameras and considering the lorex systems. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
What is making you consider the Lorex cameras?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #130
w210e55
Private
16
Rep
54
Posts

Drives: '13 535i msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (2)

honestly just package of camera's and nvr put together. I'm guessing there are much better alternatives out there.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #131
gadget123456789
New Member
4
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2008 135
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

I am personally running 8X Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E-AS

NVR - Dahua NVR4208

Rather than buying rebranded versions (Q-see) at a markup.

IT guy, so ran ran my own CAT6 & POE switches
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #132
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
858
Rep
1,948
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

We are moving into a new house and I am looking to put up 4-5 exterior cameras. What is the benefit of using an NVR from Dahua or Hikvision?

I currently use blue iris, with a poe switch, and have the cameras recording to a dedicated synology diskstation. In the new house I was thinking of doing the same. I could use the synology surveillance as well, but I like the blue iris interface.

Is there a benefit in getting an nvr over this setup?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST