BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #265
dmk08
Retired Poster
dmk08's Avatar
United_States
4747
Rep
10,974
Posts

Drives: 4Runner
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I've tried watching The Wire a bunch of times over the years and just can't get into it. Same for Deadwood. Everyone else seems to love them but they just don't do much for me.
I know how that goes. I have a number of shows I feel I should like and everyone raves about but I just cannot get into them. "Man in the High Castle", "Peaky Blinders", and "Mr. Robot" for example.

"The Wire" definitely starts off a bit slow and is super dated at this point. But if you're over 35 it probably still resonates.

I am one who likes "Deadwood" but it unfortunately was rushed at the end due to cancellation. Same with "Rome" which is another great HBO show I have not seen mentioned.

"Oz" is also good. Pretty much anything on HBO from the mid 90s to late 2000s.
Appreciate 2
Mardio125.00
Clark_Kent1151.50

      08-10-2018, 10:57 AM   #266
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
1012
Rep
1,212
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi RS3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Anyone watch Mindhunters on Netflix? Real good show about the origins of the FBI's serial killer profiling unit

We actually enjoyed quite a bit and are looking forward to the second season. It's a good watch.
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #267
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
1012
Rep
1,212
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi RS3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
There's The Wire and then everything else. What a show. I must have seen it through at least 5 times. Just as good each time. Season 4 is the best for me.

Gotta love Snoop.

Torn between Season 3 and Season 4, but as good as the open for Season 4 was with Snoop buying the nail gun, the Season 5 open is still the best:

Appreciate 1
Kid Eh439.50

      08-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #268
dmk08
Retired Poster
dmk08's Avatar
United_States
4747
Rep
10,974
Posts

Drives: 4Runner
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Anyone watch Mindhunters on Netflix? Real good show about the origins of the FBI's serial killer profiling unit
Yep!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #269
SunnyD
Major
SunnyD's Avatar
United_States
344
Rep
1,183
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Really enjoyed season 1 of Succession. For some reason, I enjoy watching wealthy people and their problems.
__________________
'16 ///M4 GTS
'11.5 ///M3 ZCP | DCT - Gone
'06 ///M5 | SMG - Gone
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #270
xander_g
Captain
xander_g's Avatar
Canada
737
Rep
982
Posts

Drives: E92/F10
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 BMW 535xi  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
not a big fan of animated series but 1st season of big mouth was pretty funny
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #271
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
4238
Rep
3,827
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
Really enjoyed season 1 of Succession. For some reason, I enjoy watching wealthy people and their problems.
Yeah I wasn’t sure how it would go at first but I think all in all it was pretty good. I guess it is entertaining to watch a fictional family of a-holes.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #272
Mardio
Brigadier General
125
Rep
3,193
Posts

Drives: 2017 X5
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
I know how that goes. I have a number of shows I feel I should like and everyone raves about but I just cannot get into them. "Man in the High Castle", "Peaky Blinders", and "Mr. Robot" for example.

"The Wire" definitely starts off a bit slow and is super dated at this point. But if you're over 35 it probably still resonates.

I am one who likes "Deadwood" but it unfortunately was rushed at the end due to cancellation. Same with "Rome" which is another great HBO show I have not seen mentioned.

"Oz" is also good. Pretty much anything on HBO from the mid 90s to late 2000s.
+1 for Rome. I just finished it and was really entertained.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #273
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8936
Rep
11,882
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I've tried watching The Wire a bunch of times over the years and just can't get into it. Same for Deadwood. Everyone else seems to love them but they just don't do much for me.
I know how that goes. I have a number of shows I feel I should like and everyone raves about but I just cannot get into them. "Man in the High Castle", "Peaky Blinders", and "Mr. Robot" for example.

"The Wire" definitely starts off a bit slow and is super dated at this point. But if you're over 35 it probably still resonates.

I am one who likes "Deadwood" but it unfortunately was rushed at the end due to cancellation. Same with "Rome" which is another great HBO show I have not seen mentioned.

"Oz" is also good. Pretty much anything on HBO from the mid 90s to late 2000s.
Deadwood is supposed to be coming out as a movie soon, don't know if it's gonna be theaters or HBO.
__________________
Renegade of Funk
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #274
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3114
Rep
3,617
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Anyone watch Mindhunters on Netflix? Real good show about the origins of the FBI's serial killer profiling unit
I tried watching it but couldn't get into it. I've heard nothing but great things.
It is one of those shows that takes a few episodes to grab your attention.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #275
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3114
Rep
3,617
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Anyone watch Mindhunters on Netflix? Real good show about the origins of the FBI's serial killer profiling unit
Can't wait for the next season!
Yes! It really got good at the end of the 1st.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 12:49 AM   #276
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8936
Rep
11,882
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
I have to say the series finale on orange is the new black is one of the best series finales of all time.
__________________
Renegade of Funk
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 01:11 AM   #277
spazzz
Private
spazzz's Avatar
36
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2008 535xi MHD&XHP
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Madison,WI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
I have to say the series finale on orange is the new black is one of the best series finales of all time.
There was some shockers but the the little Debbie killers end was a relief.

Right now Power, mid season 2. I may even Walmart it for the DVD of season 4 because I don't want to wait for HULU.

Of course my lawyer Saul Goodman.
Dern, why only a half hour or is it 23 or so minutes?

Soon my fave Shameless.
William H Macy has turned into one of my favorite actors.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2018, 01:33 AM   #278
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8936
Rep
11,882
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Back to battlestar galactica, on Amazon, season four. Fucking good
__________________
Renegade of Funk
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 06:39 AM   #279
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
3114
Rep
3,617
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

How's Power Guys? I've been told it's a pretty bad ass show
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #280
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
2855
Rep
416
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i Coupe
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Started Yellowstone last night, seems like a good show thus far.
Appreciate 4
UPSROD443.50
RickFLM44238.00
GERMAN M31738.00

      08-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #281
spazzz
Private
spazzz's Avatar
36
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2008 535xi MHD&XHP
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Madison,WI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
How's Power Guys? I've been told it's a pretty bad ass show
After the initial 2-3 episode warm up, it takes off.
It is definitely worth watching. Modern crime drama with boobs.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #282
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
4238
Rep
3,827
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Started Yellowstone last night, seems like a good show thus far.
I had to restart a couple of times to make it through the first 2 hour episode but it has grown on me. Agree it is good show.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #283
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8936
Rep
11,882
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Finished "Alias Grace" Good, but not great.

Looking forward to "Jack Ryan".
__________________
Renegade of Funk
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #284
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
1012
Rep
1,212
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi RS3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

For some odd reason, I started to rewatch Friday Night Lights on Amazon. Really was a great show.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 08:52 PM   #285
HFW003
Colonel
HFW003's Avatar
Australia
2206
Rep
2,738
Posts

Drives: MY19 LBB M2 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

My Wife and I have just started Victoria, absolutely love it.

The young lady who plays the lead role, Jenna Coleman, is a bit cute as well!
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2018, 09:01 AM   #286
Clark_Kent
Major
Clark_Kent's Avatar
1152
Rep
1,430
Posts

Drives: Retired
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
There was some shockers but the the little Debbie killers end was a relief.

Right now Power, mid season 2. I may even Walmart it for the DVD of season 4 because I don't want to wait for HULU.

Of course my lawyer Saul Goodman.
Dern, why only a half hour or is it 23 or so minutes?

Soon my fave Shameless.
William H Macy has turned into one of my favorite actors.
Unfortunately, Power goes down hill fast after Season 3. While they've signed on for another season this will be last season watching Power.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST