BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

02-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
Ricardinhouk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: i8

I8 puncture repair cost

Ok I've got a slow puncture as tyre pressure monitor alert happens after about 50 miles. Phone the i concierge service and they arrange collection, I live 2 miles from the dealer and I explained the car is still drivable - doesnt matter collection is standard process.

An hour later a 3 man team turn up with a car transporter and take car to local dealer. Will take four days to import tyre from Germany

Replacement car then gets arranged 730LD from London, I love 300 miles from London but no problem they'll drive it to me, half a day later it arrives.

So... for a £220 tyre it's costing them a trailer collection of at least £150, four days hire of the 730LD say £1k, delivery and collection of the 730LD another £250 easy. So £1400 not to mention the numerous back office staff to set this all up when I was quite happy to visit the local dealer and borrow a demonstrator.

Ridiculous!!

Last edited by Ricardinhouk; 02-04-2016 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 02:16 AM   #2
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardinhouk View Post
Ok I've got a slow puncture as tyre pressure monitor alert happens after about 50 miles. Phone the i concierge service and they arrange collection, I live 2 miles from the dealer and I explained the car is still drivable - doesnt matter collection is standard process.

An hour later a 3 man team turn up with a car transporter and take car to local dealer. Will take four days to import tyre from Germany

Replacement car then gets arranged 730LD from London, I love 300 miles from London but no problem they'll drive it to me, half a day later it arrives.

So... for a £220 tyre it's costing them a trailer collection of at least £150, four days hire of the 730LD say £1k, delivery and collection of the 730LD another £250 easy. So £1400 not to mention the numerous back office staff to set this all up when I was quite happy to visit the local dealer and borrow a demonstrator.

Ridiculous!!
All priced into the vehicle. So enjoy - we've all already chipped in a bit for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:40 AM   #3
ian_i3S_iX
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i3S, iX on order due Nov

Garage List
Are punctures covered under the warranty ?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #4
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_i3_rex View Post
Are punctures covered under the warranty ?
Yes, provided that you've purchased the wheel and tire protection plan (unsure about its availability in the U.K. or in the E.U., but it's offered here in the U.S.). I would definitely recommend it for those driving in the Bay Area as I've had several wheel and tire insured replacements/repairs since potholes and uneven roads are ubiquitous in this region.
Appreciate 0