BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #1
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
2756
Rep
2,053
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Formula 1 to return to Turkey’s Istanbul Park as 4 more races are added to the 2020

yes its now official..



Turkey's Istanbul Park will host a Grand Prix for the first time since 2011 this year, after Formula 1 announced four more races have been added to the 2020 calendar.

November 13-15 FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020
November 27-29 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2020
December 4-6 FORMULA 1 ROLEX SAKHIR GRAND PRIX 2020
December 11 - 13 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2020

The Turkish Grand Prix will be run on November 15, just before a back-to-back double header in Bahrain, with the Bahrain Grand Prix on November 26 followed by the Sakhir Grand Prix on December 6.

The season concluding Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will take place at the Yas Marina Circuit on December 13.

Formula 1 also confirmed that the Chinese Grand Prix, which was initially postponed earlier this year, will now not be run in 2020, bringing the current race total to 17 for the season.

A statement from Formula 1 said: "We can confirm that Turkey, Bahrain (hosting two races), and Abu Dhabi will be part of the revised season and want to express our thanks to the hard work of all our promoters and partners in making this 17-race season possible.

"Sadly, we will not be racing in China this season and want to thank our partner Juss Sports for their support and engagement in recent months and hugely look forward to returning to Shanghai next year."

.
.
.


https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...Za7rPt7Zg.html..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 1
MKSixer26710.50

      08-25-2020, 08:55 PM   #2
fanatic1
Lieutenant
fanatic1's Avatar
United_States
524
Rep
551
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 CS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Encinitas/San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
yes its now official..



Turkey's Istanbul Park will host a Grand Prix for the first time since 2011 this year, after Formula 1 announced four more races have been added to the 2020 calendar.

November 13-15 FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020
November 27-29 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2020
December 4-6 FORMULA 1 ROLEX SAKHIR GRAND PRIX 2020
December 11 - 13 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2020

The Turkish Grand Prix will be run on November 15, just before a back-to-back double header in Bahrain, with the Bahrain Grand Prix on November 26 followed by the Sakhir Grand Prix on December 6.

The season concluding Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will take place at the Yas Marina Circuit on December 13.

Formula 1 also confirmed that the Chinese Grand Prix, which was initially postponed earlier this year, will now not be run in 2020, bringing the current race total to 17 for the season.

A statement from Formula 1 said: "We can confirm that Turkey, Bahrain (hosting two races), and Abu Dhabi will be part of the revised season and want to express our thanks to the hard work of all our promoters and partners in making this 17-race season possible.

"Sadly, we will not be racing in China this season and want to thank our partner Juss Sports for their support and engagement in recent months and hugely look forward to returning to Shanghai next year."

.
.
.


https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...Za7rPt7Zg.html..
Nice, figured you would be excited.
__________________
19 M4 CS LRG MPE
Appreciate 1
yco2756.00

      08-25-2020, 09:41 PM   #3
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
876
Rep
1,836
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Great news!
Massive respect for the legendary turn 8

__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 3
yco2756.00
5.M0NSTER1740.00
MKSixer26710.50

      08-25-2020, 10:07 PM   #4
racerbruce
Colonel
racerbruce's Avatar
2185
Rep
2,002
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Istanbul Turn 8....you would need a cutout in your seat to store the huevos necessary to negotiate this multiple radius left hander at 280 kph (175 mph) and at redline.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 2
yco2756.00
MKSixer26710.50

      08-25-2020, 11:34 PM   #5
Jbrown7403
Private First Class
Jbrown7403's Avatar
United_States
255
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M4
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin Texas

iTrader: (0)

This is all well and good but I’m still sad about no-Zandvoort this year 😔
Appreciate 3
fanatic1524.00
yco2756.00
MKSixer26710.50

      08-26-2020, 02:57 AM   #6
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
2756
Rep
2,053
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

i guess with current F1 setup turn 8 ll be flat and ll be above 4-5G's for few seconds.. last time i was on track which was last year, surface was still in good condition there were no cracks etc but bumps on turn 8 and at the end of the back straight were a bit worse than previous years.. i guess cars ll bounce all over the place..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrown7403 View Post
This is all well and good but I’m still sad about no-Zandvoort this year ��
agreed...
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 05:31 AM   #7
susanodell1
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW x5
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Greenville, KY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
We can confirm that Turkey, Bahrain (hosting two races), and Abu Dhabi will be part of the revised season and want to express our thanks to the hard work of all our promoters and partners in making this 17-race season possible.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...Za7rPt7Zg.html https://essaydune.com
To me this is great news about the racing being held in Turkey. There's no way I'd make it possible to get to Shanghai! I think negotiating this multiple radius left hander at 280 kph (175 mph) won't be a big issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #8
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
2756
Rep
2,053
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanodell1 View Post
To me this is great news about the racing being held in Turkey. There's no way I'd make it possible to get to Shanghai! I think negotiating this multiple radius left hander at 280 kph (175 mph) won't be a big issue.
yeah probably there ll be some high G's for necks.. tickets been cancelled though.. even if its not good news for fans there was no point to sell 100k tickets anyway..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 04:36 PM   #9
CalAcacian
Private First Class
101
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrown7403 View Post
This is all well and good but I’m still sad about no-Zandvoort this year 😔
Yeah, I was really looking forward to it too.
__________________
2018 M2 Mineral Gray

Dinan CAI, Dinan Resonator Delete, Dinan Muffler, Macht Schnell EVC

RKP Diffuser, R1 Design Lip, Phase Carbon Rear Spoiler
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST