BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-14-2020, 06:40 PM   #177
racerbruce
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
If you think HAM is a fake champion, you have lost ALL perspective.

Never forget: 2 pole positions, 9 wins, 9 fastest laps. Has been in at least the 3rd fastest car for 5 seasons. Not a champion. At least not until HAM retires.
Well said MK,

Results don't lie....

Dominant drivers happen.
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 2
Bongoxxx270.50
MKSixer27895.50

11-15-2020, 04:45 AM   #178
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal

Quote:
If you think HAM is a fake champion, you have lost ALL perspective.

Never forget: 2 pole positions, 9 wins, 9 fastest laps. Has been in at least the 3rd fastest car for 5 seasons. Not a champion. At least not until HAM retires.
You've heard the reasons (over and over) which you skip over but hey I like discussing with you,we don't always agree and it's good that you are one of the more mature posters that at least supports a driver/team, but darn it why him..
Appreciate 2
      11-15-2020, 05:27 PM   #179
Admiral
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 2.0D X Line G01

Hamilton is two faced he was quoted this week that it is more important to support BLM than winning the Drivers Championship, what Bullshit, so it was crocodile tears was it when he won it
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 05:38 PM   #180
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Or in the real world....

“Winning the title this year would mean more than ever before, being that it is such a momentous year in the sense of this pandemic, which we are still fighting – but [also]on a more personal level, the Black Lives Matter [movement]and fighting for injustice and equality,” Hamilton said.

“It is not going to change in our time, our generation but for our kids, it is such an important moment for us, so winning the world title during this time would be even more important.”
Appreciate 1
MKSixer27895.50

11-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #181
racerbruce
Colonel
Rep

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Or in the real world....

“Winning the title this year would mean more than ever before, being that it is such a momentous year in the sense of this pandemic, which we are still fighting – but [also]on a more personal level, the Black Lives Matter [movement]and fighting for injustice and equality,” Hamilton said.

“It is not going to change in our time, our generation but for our kids, it is such an important moment for us, so winning the world title during this time would be even more important.”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-...son-due-covid/

“Winning the title would mean more, given that it is such a momentous year in a sense of this pandemic, which we are still very much in and we are still fighting,” said Hamilton, who was wearing a mandatory face mask as he spoke to the media.

“On a personal level, the Black Lives Matter movement and fight against inequality and injustice is so important. It is not going to change in our time for our generation, but for our kids’ kids it is such an important moment for us.

“So, winning a world title during that moment of time will be even more significant than before.”
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
MKSixer27895.50

11-15-2020, 09:32 PM   #182
Aberluse
Registered
Rep
Drives: Camaro ZL1

Hamilton's car skills are indeed great, and the number of championship trophies is the best proof.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer27895.50

11-16-2020, 04:01 AM   #183
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

When you see all Hamilton's successes and playboy lifestyle its easy to forget that his is a real life rags to riches, against all odds story.
No rich family or formula one father to pave his way to an F1 seat with $$$ and influence.
He grew up in a council house with his mother and siblings after his father split with his mother at age 2.
Fortuitously his father bought him a used Kart at the age of 6 and worked up to 4 jobs at a time to support his race career.

You don't have to like him.....but no real fan of formula 1 can deny that he is the very best of his generation...the masterclass display at Istanbul with such an unlikely win demonstrating perfectly his peerless ability to win even when his car isn't the best for the conditions.
Appreciate 2
yco3013.00
MKSixer27895.50

11-16-2020, 04:47 AM   #184
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Hamilton is two faced he was quoted this week that it is more important to support BLM than winning the Drivers Championship, what Bullshit, so it was crocodile tears was it when he won it
whats the connection between BLM and his tear when he won the tittle? of course he d be happy to achieve it.. he was talking about equality after the podium ceremony.. but if you dont like Lewis thats another story..
fanatic1582.00

11-16-2020, 07:14 AM   #185
Admiral
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 2.0D X Line G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
whats the connection between BLM and his tear when he won the tittle? of course he d be happy to achieve it.. he was talking about equality after the podium ceremony.. but if you dont like Lewis thats another story..
Not after the podium, I am talking about a week ago, I an not saying I don't like him, I have never met him so cannot form an opinion, he is a great driver, but that's another story as you say
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2020, 08:13 AM   #186
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
You've heard the reasons (over and over) which you skip over but hey I like discussing with you,we don't always agree and it's good that you are one of the more mature posters that at least supports a driver/team, but darn it why him..
I appreciate the kindness and appreciate the fact that you can be reasonable. Except when you compare VERs skill level to HAMs.

When I look at F1, I see one of the ultimate meritocracies. I support HAM because he has come up as the only POC in the room which is something I can relate to. I have been in the same situation for most of my career. When I was in telecommunications I was one of 3 POCs in a company of over 2000 people and that was just 25 years ago. I made it all the way to VP with 1200 or so people working in my part of the company after starting in entry level sales in just 7 years.

I can personally relate to his rise to his position of preeminence in Formula One and all of the crap he went through having to be so much better than everyone else to be seen as equal. I did on the corporate side, as well.

The converse of this is VER whom I see as a spoiled kid. And while he worked hard and has talent, his behavior is atrocious. I have a daughter his age and if my child behaved as he does, there would be a stern talking-to about straightening out her behavior, forthwith.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 3
      11-16-2020, 08:16 AM   #187
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
When you see all Hamilton's successes and playboy lifestyle its easy to forget that his is a real life rags to riches, against all odds story.
No rich family or formula one father to pave his way to an F1 seat with $$$ and influence.
He grew up in a council house with his mother and siblings after his father split with his mother at age 2.
Fortuitously his father bought him a used Kart at the age of 6 and worked up to 4 jobs at a time to support his race career.

You don't have to like him.....but no real fan of formula 1 can deny that he is the very best of his generation...the masterclass display at Istanbul with such an unlikely win demonstrating perfectly his peerless ability to win even when his car isn't the best for the conditions.
This. All of this.

On yesterday, as many have already state: He wins races that he isn't supposed to win. And as you so perfectly put in in your last statement, "...the masterclass display at Istanbul with such an unlikely win demonstrating perfectly his peerless ability to win even when his car isn't the best for the conditions."

I've watched the race 3Xs. His performance was sublime.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #188
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I appreciate the kindness and appreciate the fact that you can be reasonable. Except when you compare VERs skill level to HAMs.

When I look at F1, I see one of the ultimate meritocracies. I support HAM because he has come up as the only POC in the room which is something I can relate to. I have been in the same situation for most of my career. When I was in telecommunications I was one of 3 POCs in a company of over 2000 people and that was just 25 years ago. I made it all the way to VP with 1200 or so people working in my part of the company after starting in entry level sales in just 7 years.

I can personally relate to his rise to his position of preeminence in Formula One and all of the crap he went through having to be so much better than everyone else to be seen as equal. I did on the corporate side, as well.

The converse of this is VER whom I see as a spoiled kid. And while he worked hard and has talent, his behavior is atrocious. I have a daughter his age and if my child behaved as he does, there would be a stern talking-to about straightening out her behavior, forthwith.

Cheers-mk
I'm sure VER had to go through similar hassle coming up through the ranks as HAM,you must have read but I understand VER's frustration in the way he expresses himself and it's the norm now that ppl let loose with 'pardon my french' and when push comes to shove then it's justified in some cases especially in highly charged situations such as F1. You heard the lingo of some of other drivers I'm sure so..MEN will be men.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2020, 01:38 PM   #189
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I'm sure VER had to go through similar hassle coming up through the ranks as HAM,you must have read but I understand VER's frustration in the way he expresses himself and it's the norm now that ppl let loose with 'pardon my french' and when push comes to shove then it's justified in some cases especially in highly charged situations such as F1. You heard the lingo of some of other drivers I'm sure so..MEN will be men.
Ummmm, no. He is the son of a previous F1 driver. You can't be that biased to see that there is a complete difference.

The only thing I will give VER a pass on is the fact that Jos is reputed to have been extremely abusive in his treatment having made Max walk home when he didn't win or strand him at places if they had a disagreement. All in all, a s4itshow.

But to say that he had the same problems as a person who is blazing a new trail in the sport is tone-deaf, my friend. If you have any doubt, read about Tiger Woods and the things he went through. Perfectly congruent.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2020, 02:50 PM   #190
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ummmm, no. He is the son of a previous F1 driver. You can't be that biased to see that there is a complete difference.

The only thing I will give VER a pass on is the fact that Jos is reputed to have been extremely abusive in his treatment having made Max walk home when he didn't win or strand him at places if they had a disagreement. All in all, a s4itshow.

But to say that he had the same problems as a person who is blazing a new trail in the sport is tone-deaf, my friend. If you have any doubt, read about Tiger Woods and the things he went through. Perfectly congruent.

Cheers-mk
Look,apart from the biased looks HAM has said that he was getting from others when in the lesser formulas he didn't really have any disruptive opponents that would nerf him off the track out of spite..just blank looks and maybe ignored by others.
VER had his hands full with that problem, one in particular which you can't ignore was in the form of Leclerc and it was not six of one and half dozen of other Leclerc started it full on in the karts, blatant ramming off the track by Lec and saying it was 'nothing'.
You surely must have read up on that and he isn't one to take it lying down, one may even argue that VER has had it physically tougher than HAM on his way up.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 03:17 PM   #191
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:

Cheers-mk
This one is correct . MAX walked home and... More than once my friend !
Punished by dad Jos . Jos is no angel....But they spent 24/7 together at the tracks .
MAX got the base of outstanding racecraft from dad Jos . And of course also everything about the kart's engines in detail .
The financial support came from mom "Sophie Kumpen" her side of the family is richer .
But in the beginning MAX's b@lls were not big enough , that's why he walked home a lot ...

Finally MAX showed his b@lls on time vs LeCrash and Ocon !
And we saw that !

"2009" Who won the race over here in Genk ?

11-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #192
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Look,apart from the biased looks HAM has said that he was getting from others when in the lesser formulas he didn't really have any disruptive opponents that would nerf him off the track out of spite..just blank looks and maybe ignored by others.
VER had his hands full with that problem, one in particular which you can't ignore was in the form of Leclerc and it was not six of one and half dozen of other Leclerc started it full on in the karts, blatant ramming off the track by Lec and saying it was 'nothing'.
You surely must have read up on that and he isn't one to take it lying down, one may even argue that VER has had it physically tougher than HAM on his way up.
You are partially correct. Have you read any of his stories about growing up? Not speculative...the actual information?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 03:59 PM   #193
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You are partially correct. Have you read any of his stories about growing up? Not speculative...the actual information?
Only from what is given in the media, another bit of non important info is that he was born 35 miles from me at the time
Appreciate 2
      11-16-2020, 04:18 PM   #194
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
My friend I met them . I live only 17 km from the Verstappen's parents home (house) and hometown in Hasselt (Belgium) where MAX is born .
I drive everyday over there , because I work there in the Japanese company ..
The well known kart circuit in Genk is 20 min. from my home here ..

I know pretty much everything about their past and present . There were some situations ,but nothing extraordinary happened .
Let us say , every household has his up and downs , divorces of parents in dispute , ect..
Know more ,no big deal . But these are private situations .

One thing you won't believe ! MAX is actually very , very shy !
Honestly I still really wonder from where he gets the courage to speak in front of the cams ...
His big mouth is only rage. As a kid he said always : P2 is the first loser !

11-16-2020, 07:47 PM   #195
racerbruce
Colonel
Rep

Well said -

Quote:
Well said MK,
Thank you for calling out the realities of what people of color experience in their lives.

Perhaps a self-assessment for those that respond to racial bias as something that is just not real in their lives....

https://www.tolerance.org/profession...or-hidden-bias

Last edited by racerbruce; 11-17-2020 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer27895.50

11-17-2020, 12:31 PM   #196
racerbruce
Colonel
Rep

Just watched a great TV interview with HAM on the network's CBS This Morning, a US weekday news show. CBS Host Gayle King interviewed HAM.

For those interested, look it up online.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer27895.50

11-17-2020, 12:41 PM   #197
racerbruce
Colonel
Rep

Well said -

Quote:
HAM interview:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...years-old.html
Appreciate 1
MKSixer27895.50

11-17-2020, 12:42 PM   #198
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep

ĭn nōmine Pătris ĕt Fīliī ĕt Spīritūs Sānctī