BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

10-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #1
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

2019 Munich Pure Impulse Day and Scenic Drive

Just returned from the Munich PI day and scenic drive held this past weekend. It was based in Furstenfeldbruck, a small town just outside of Munich, and coincided with the final days of Octoberfest. Despite some rainy weather for a portion of the scenic drive, it was a tremendously fun event. Participants came from all over the world, including South Korea, Singapore, U.S., and a number of European countries. There were roughly 50 cars for the scenic drive, almost all i8's (coupes and roadsters) plus a few 8 series loaner cars.

For those that have never attended a PI event, I highly recommend them. The diversity of people one meets is amazing, all of whom share a common love of the i8. Interestingly, though, most of the conversations have little to do with the cars, but rather tend to focus on sharing stories of where they live, their families, what they do for a living, etc.

Highlights for my trip included my first visit to the BMW Welt, a day at Octoberfest , and of course the PI activities. I've attached a few photos, some of which I took and others that I gathered from a WhatsApp group. Enjoy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #2
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 330i

cool, thanks for sharing. Did two EDs before (E46 and F80), both were great (but probably different) experiences. Still, being able to pick up and drive in the "homeland" with your baby was the highlight of both trips.
      10-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #3
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Very nice indeed

I did the same event previously in my i8

Appreciate 0