05-01-2018, 11:21 PM   #23
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
When they look like that it's easy to not to care.

Needs touch up at the rear of the car.

The rest of the shot is perfect.
Yes, as I noted in an earlier post response, my camera lens got a fingerprint during my first day of shooting pics, which I didn't realize until later. There's probably a way to correct that with photo editing software, but I haven't taken the time to do that yet.

I agree with all of the comments regarding my lady friend in blue. When I picked her up at the start of the day and she asked what she should wear, I started with "Oh, nothing. You look fine just the way you are" . But, discretion being the better part of valor, blah, blah, blah, I suggested something sexy and she pulled out a couple dresses including the blue one you see her in. I wasn't going to nitpick that a slightly lighter shade of blue would have been a better match for the car's BMW i-electric blue color. But frankly, who even notices the color of her dress anyway. I added a couple bonus photos of her due to popular demand.

The really wild thing was that we concluded the day with a stop at the Sagebrush Cantina, which is inland from Malibu and a popular kick-ass bar with Southern California bikers. Suffice it to say, my friend was the most dressed up person there, and got a lot of attention when she started knocking down tequila shooters. She's also British (but speaks perfect English, JasH ), so as you might imagine, she's quite a hoot to be with and has a nice pair of, well, you get the picture . And to top things off, she's also a very sweet person and a dear friend .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 11:37 PM   #24
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIGIN M. View Post
When they look like that it's easy to not to care.

Needs touch up at the rear of the car.

The rest of the shot is perfect.
Yes, as I noted in an earlier post response, my camera lens got a fingerprint during my first day of shooting pics, which I didn't realize until later. There's probably a way to correct that with photo editing software, but I haven't taken the time to do that yet.

I agree with all of the comments regarding my lady friend in blue. When I picked her up at the start of the day and she asked what she should wear, I started with "Oh, nothing. You look fine just the way you are" . But, discretion being the better part of valor, blah, blah, blah, I suggested something sexy and she pulled out a couple dresses including the blue one you see her in. I wasn't going to nitpick that a slightly lighter shade of blue would have been a better match for the car's BMW i-electric blue color. But frankly, who even notices the color of her dress anyway. I added a couple bonus photos of her due to popular demand.

The really wild thing was that we concluded the day with a stop at the Sagebrush Cantina, which is inland from Malibu and a popular kick-ass bar with Southern California bikers. Suffice it to say, my friend was the most dressed up person there, and got a lot of attention when she started knocking down tequila shooters. She's also British (but speaks perfect English, JasH ), so as you might imagine, she's quite a hoot to be with and has a nice pair of, well, you get the picture . And to top things off, she's also a very sweet person and a dear friend .
Love it !
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 11:38 PM   #25
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thought I had previously posted this link, but for those interested in the full story of how I got my i8 and some initial impressions of the car, see this article in BMWBlog. And take note of the end credits, which were mistakenly listed under the Cons heading.
http://www.bmwblog.com/2018/04/29/ow...-bmw-i8-coupe/
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 11:57 PM   #26
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Thought I had previously posted this link, but for those interested in the full story of how I got my i8 and some initial impressions of the car, see this article in BMWBlog. And take note of the end credits, which were mistakenly listed under the Cons heading.
http://www.bmwblog.com/2018/04/29/ow...-bmw-i8-coupe/
Lovely

Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 01:43 AM   #27
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Congratulations!

Enjoy the lovely car.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #28
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Quote:
She's also British (but speaks perfect English, JasH ),

I hope you are bringing her to Munich
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #29
Marlonisonfire
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F82 ZCP

Thanks for sharing; nice car. Got any more pics of your lady friend? She is lovely.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 09:08 PM   #30
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasH View Post

I hope you are bringing her to Munich
Unfortunately not. When she left the U.K. some years ago, she Brexited the E.U. for good (or bad, depending on one's point of view). You'll have to make do with my charming smile, quick wit, and command of the American English language.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 02:18 PM   #31
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Quote:
You'll have to make do with my charming smile, quick wit, and command of the American English language.

[Checking to see if I can cancel my trip]

Appreciate 0