Allow REX anytime below 75% “Hold Mode”

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #2
RedlineTuning
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Just purchase the Bimmercode app, then select a OBDII code reader from the selection within the app.

You will then be able to set this to 75%, which was the first thing I changed before even driving mine, along with any number of other tweaks. Best part of doing it yourself is that is cheaper and that you will think of other things you want to change as time goes on and it will be as simple as connecting the app to your car.

Brian
///M3 2008 Coupe - Melbourne Red, BMW Performance front splitter and rear spoiler, Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust w/carbon tips, MS StageII intake, Vossen CV7 20"x9" front 20"x10.5" rear, AiB LED Halo, full interior LED lighting, ZHP shift knob (lighted), black grilles & side lights, 09+ NAV controller, ...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
derrick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, i03 i3s, f80

^^ This - Bimmercode is awesome and painless.

As mentioned above, Bimmercode works with several adapters. I bought the "Veespeak" bluetooth one that was linked from their site was about $30 off Amazon. The app is about $30 or so, that is just a 1 time fee.

Several years ago, I purchased something called Carly, its a POS. They switched to a subscription model on the app, and also the bricked the OBD connector running an update to it (this happened to several people if you read the forums & amazon reviews). I do NOT recommend the Carly reader.

And if you're super hacker, wait for someone to chime in to tell you to use some free software, laptop and obd connector for 15 bucks to code everything. But thats gibberish to me.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 05:39 PM   #4
ShagnWagn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 REx

Good info, just ordered mine too!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #5
asaulo1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, alp white

I just did the 2.4g tank and HSOC code on the bimmercode app and couldn't be happier. Just took the i3 on it's first long trip to San Diego and was able to use the HSOC during the drive. Quick question to more experienced users of this feature, does it take a moment to disable HSOC? I programmed HSOC to one of the numeric dash buttons and used it when the battery level went down to 65%. Used it for about 50 miles just to try it out and then tried to disable it and had to do it in several tries before seeing that it did turn off. Just wondering if I had to wait a moment to see it turn off. Anyway, thanks for any replies. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:30 AM   #6
PBNB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3 REX

It does take a bit to turn off the generator. Once you request the shut down it can take a moment to stop and switch back to batteries. I have seen different results depending on if the car is parked or moving. Just hit the switch once and wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #7
asaulo1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNB View Post
It does take a bit to turn off the generator. Once you request the shut down it can take a moment to stop and switch back to batteries. I have seen different results depending on if the car is parked or moving. Just hit the switch once and wait.
cool. any other i3 rex recommended hacks from bimmercode? thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #8
PBNB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3 REX

I did the angel eye brightness to 100% and turned on the AM radio. I tried to setup the rear fog light but it turns out that the physical switch needs to be changed as well.

I also reduced the amount of side mirror tilt when in reverse.

I also changed to the startup graphic the Mini logo.

I have only touched the surface. I was thinking about Quizdell TJA that auto drives the car in some conditions. But I am sure that bimmercode does not code that so you will need some other software if you want to turn that on.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #9
ShagnWagn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 REx

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaulo1 View Post
I just did the 2.4g tank and HSOC code on the bimmercode app and couldn't be happier. Just took the i3 on it's first long trip to San Diego and was able to use the HSOC during the drive. Quick question to more experienced users of this feature, does it take a moment to disable HSOC? I programmed HSOC to one of the numeric dash buttons and used it when the battery level went down to 65%. Used it for about 50 miles just to try it out and then tried to disable it and had to do it in several tries before seeing that it did turn off. Just wondering if I had to wait a moment to see it turn off. Anyway, thanks for any replies. Cheers!
Nice! I got the Veepeak adapter from Amazon to use with Bimmercode app like people recommended here. But I noticed I am missing a bunch of the coding options compared to what I saw in the youtube videos, including the HSOC option, and when range extender gets activated at minimum battery level etc.
Does anyone know why that is? is there a better OBD adapter I should be using?
IG: ShagnWagn
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #10
evilchargerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 (N55), 2014 I01 (REX)

just ordered mine as well
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #11
asaulo1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagnWagn View Post
Nice! I got the Veepeak adapter from Amazon to use with Bimmercode app like people recommended here. But I noticed I am missing a bunch of the coding options compared to what I saw in the youtube videos, including the HSOC option, and when range extender gets activated at minimum battery level etc.
Does anyone know why that is? is there a better OBD adapter I should be using?
I have the veepeak one and that's what I used to code for the 2.4g and HSOC hack. wonder what it could be. Post if up once you figure it out.
Appreciate 0