Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

10-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #89
MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblue View Post
Beast. what was your best 1rm squat/bench/dl at what weight?

eating really is a chore... this is why i think its funny when people make it seem like maintaining some manorexic physique (or lackthereof) is difficult. its a lot harder to eat 4-5k calories a day than it is to make sure you eat less than 2 thousand. fat loss is simple math. Muscular hypertrophy and strength training is not. lift big and don't eat enough you don't get stronger (or bigger). Eat enough but dont train properly you don't get stronger (or bigger).

Also the whole trend of maintaining some ridiculously shredded physique while putting on pound of muscle every year without using drugs is such a farce. no, you don't have to become a fat fuck to get strong, but you're not gonna be ready for a bodybuilding show when your main focus is building muscle. everyone is obsessed with getting shredded now. Takes months/weeks to cut, takes YEARS to build muscle.
Best deadlift in competition was 700lbs, which I did in two separate shows a couple of years apart. Belt and chalk only, grip and rip.

Squat not my best lift. I usually train high bar and probably could do mid 500s. Marbe low 600s if I switched back to low bar/PL style.

Press is usually overhead in strongman. Have done 310lb 12" log a few times and muscle snatched a 275lb 2" axle for a couple of reps in one contest (always a crowd favorite). Have done 445 bench press in the gym just messing around and more in the tank.

My best strongman events were farmers carry (I've done 355 per hand for 80 feet) and carry events (usually 250lb+ sandbags and kegs) for speed and time.

I usually competed at 315-335lb bodyweight depending on the particular contest's events, whether there were more static/power events or more moving events

Thanks for the nudge, I'm getting juiced up a bit just writing about this stuff. I feel a good work-out coming on tonight. Maybe I'll start a comeback and come out of retirement.

Here's a vid from a local contest. The workouts we used to do to get ready for these things were just brutal.

WHP East Track: 1:04.880, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:54.352
Road course laptimes for Porsche 911 991.1 GTS 7MT
WHP East Track: 1:02.770, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:48.889
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #90
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblue View Post
Beast. what was your best 1rm squat/bench/dl at what weight?

eating really is a chore... this is why i think its funny when people make it seem like maintaining some manorexic physique (or lackthereof) is difficult. its a lot harder to eat 4-5k calories a day than it is to make sure you eat less than 2 thousand. fat loss is simple math. Muscular hypertrophy and strength training is not. lift big and don't eat enough you don't get stronger (or bigger). Eat enough but dont train properly you don't get stronger (or bigger).
I'm going to have to disagree with that.
I could happily eat 4000-5000 calories of cleanish food a day. I did when I was younger and trying to put on weight and loved it.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #91
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
How to gain weight?

Simple. Eat more. Calorie Surplus, eat above maintenance.

Calculate your calorie maintenance + 500 cals. There are different ways to do this and variations just google.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #92
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I started taking serious mass once a day along with eating my regular "80/20" clean diet and hitting the gym 4 days a week and I have started to slowly gain a pound a week.

Like everyone says, just need to add more calories to your diet and you will see results. If you don't then eat more. For us skinny guys it sucks yes but you do what you have to do.

EAT EAT EAT

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #93
Karlynoem
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

1 Avoid eating spicy food because it trick your mind full with little quantity
2 Our body store fat much faster in night so eat big meals in dinner
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #94
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

How to gain weight? Turn 40.........or better yet, try 50.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 07:35 AM   #95
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I started taking serious mass once a day along with eating my regular "80/20" clean diet and hitting the gym 4 days a week and I have started to slowly gain a pound a week.

Like everyone says, just need to add more calories to your diet and you will see results. If you don't then eat more. For us skinny guys it sucks yes but you do what you have to do.

EAT EAT EAT

I also have been taking serious mass, it's tastes pretty good (choc and vanilla)

I usually use it as a replacement, when i go into work late at night etc. I need to incorporate more food though..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #96
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
I also have been taking serious mass, it's tastes pretty good (choc and vanilla)

I usually use it as a replacement, when i go into work late at night etc. I need to incorporate more food though..
yea it taste really good! I take it with 2% milk. You know all I did was add one shake a day after my workouts (non workout days I take it right before bed) and ate my normal meals and it seems to be working well. A lot of times with weight gainers the users will be baffled that they are not gaining weight but instead sometimes are actually losing weight. The reason is mostly bc they stop eating as much food as before and take the shakes. Taking the shakes alone wont do anything anything you really have to still eat a ton to get results sometimes. For me personally I am at 4500-4700 cals (via myfitnesspal) pretty much each day and it seems to be working, slowly but working

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #97
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
yea it taste really good! I take it with 2% milk. You know all I did was add one shake a day after my workouts (non workout days I take it right before bed) and ate my normal meals and it seems to be working well. A lot of times with weight gainers the users will be baffled that they are not gaining weight but instead sometimes are actually losing weight. The reason is mostly bc they stop eating as much food as before and take the shakes. Taking the shakes alone wont do anything anything you really have to still eat a ton to get results sometimes. For me personally I am at 4500-4700 cals (via myfitnesspal) pretty much each day and it seems to be working, slowly but working

I usually take mine in the AM, because i'm up early and can't really take down too much food. Taking it before bed isn't a bad idea, it should definitely keep someone full through the night. I think this gainer is the best bang for the buck. Alot of servings, and only like 50 bucks compared to some other ones
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #98
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
I usually take mine in the AM, because i'm up early and can't really take down too much food. Taking it before bed isn't a bad idea, it should definitely keep someone full through the night. I think this gainer is the best bang for the buck. Alot of servings, and only like 50 bucks compared to some other ones
agree, its def priced right! So far its been a home run for me

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #99
Donaldchris
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Well take some creatine with orange juice, or any high glyceimic juice weight gainer protein, powdered with whey protein like the best possible pro complicated gainer post workout and casein before bed.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #100
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldchris View Post
Well take some creatine with orange juice, or any high glyceimic juice weight gainer protein, powdered with whey protein like the best possible pro complicated gainer post workout and casein before bed.
Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #101
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
why for?

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #102
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
why for?
Is that a serious question?

Get that bro-science bullshit out of here...

Solid food is how you're gonna gain weight. Not whey protein shakes, weight gainers, etc. Solid fucking food. This isn't as complicated as you guys make it seem...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 02:35 PM   #103
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Solid food is how you're gonna gain weight. Not whey protein shakes, weight gainers, etc. Solid fucking food. This isn't as complicated as you guys make it seem...
yes its serious. creatine and protein powder have their place. pro bodybuilders use both. in addition to solid fucking food as you say supplements are needed also. no need to be hostile.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #104
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
yes its serious. creatine and protein powder have their place. pro bodybuilders use both. in addition to solid fucking food as you say supplements are needed also. no need to be hostile.
You do realize that bodybuilders existed before supplements, right?

No, supplements are not necessary...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #105
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldchris View Post
Quote:
Quote:
why for?
Quote:

haha typical broscience solid foods and supplements doesn't really matter. The only difference is you maybe missing some essential nutrients from solid foods v supplements.

How to gain weight?... very very simple...

Calorie surplus, in other words eat more than what you would normally eat (maintenance) to gain weight.

How much to eat is another topic.
What to eat and body composition is also another topic.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #106
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You do realize that bodybuilders existed before supplements, right?

No, supplements are not necessary...
Didn't say it was necessary anywhere but not using what's available seems foolish. You also realize pro body builders at one time were the size of regular dudes you see at the gym now right?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #107
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Didn't say it was necessary anywhere but not using what's available seems foolish. You also realize pro body builders at one time were the size of regular dudes you see at the gym now right?
Oh, need and necessity are not logically equivalent? Perhaps you ought to consult a dictionary?

Correlation does not equal causation. Just because there is a correlation between tiny bodybuilders and supplements, does not imply that a lack of supplementation caused tiny bodybuilders. The cause could have been a lack of proper nutrition.

What also seems foolish is kidney damage directly caused by an excess consumption of protein. That seems pretty foolish to me...

Dude, save face. I will absolutely destroy you when it comes to nutrition...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #108
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh, need and necessity are not logically equivalent? Perhaps you ought to consult a dictionary?

Correlation does not equal causation. Just because there is a correlation between tiny bodybuilders and supplements, does not imply that a lack of supplementation caused tiny bodybuilders. The cause could have been a lack of proper nutrition.

What also seems foolish is kidney damage directly caused by an excess consumption of protein. That seems pretty foolish to me...

Dude, save face. I will absolutely destroy you when it comes to nutrition...
Possibly but not when it comes to reading comprehension. Where did I say need or necessity? Relax a little I also suggested you shit less in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #109
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep

Quote:
Possibly but not when it comes to reading comprehension. Where did I say need or necessity? Relax a little I also suggested you shit less in this thread.
Quote:
Satisfied?

Can't recall what you posted just hours ago?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #110
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Satisfied?

Can't recall what you posted just hours ago?
Nope drunk thought you were too. Should read useful or helpful. You da man. I use alcohol and advil to do my kidney damage along with the protein.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 11-13-2014 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0