Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ix M60

Garage List
2023 BMW IX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormond View Post
You should try to test drive the R1S. It’s definitely has a high SUV feel. I have an R1T and it rides well. The Rivian isn’t as efficient as the BMW, but has a giant battery.

How does the iX compare to the Tesla Model Y performance? When I sat in the iX it reminded me of a wagon or minivan more than a SUV, perhaps it’s because of the center console. I traded my Model Y in on the Rivian.

Im just getting acquainted with the iX, so I appreciate the videos. I still haven’t driven one yet.
You really can’t compare the IX to the MY. It’s not the same class of car. I came from a MX to my IX M60. It’s night and day. If only BMW made a X7 equivalent of the IX ❤️.
Appreciate 1
Ormond4.50
      01-25-2023, 01:43 PM   #134
Ormond
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moesess34 View Post
You really can’t compare the IX to the MY. It’s not the same class of car. I came from a MX to my IX M60. It’s night and day. If only BMW made a X7 equivalent of the IX ❤️.
I need to drive the iX. Just sitting in it in the showroom, it felt smaller than a Model X. I know it’s bigger than the Model Y.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2023, 03:45 PM   #135
moesess34
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ix M60

Garage List
2023 BMW IX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
I need to drive the iX. Just sitting in it in the showroom, it felt smaller than a Model X. I know it’s bigger than the Model Y.
You do. The ride quality is drastically different.
The model x has more storage space. But, less headroom.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 11:19 AM   #136
Stormbitch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G11

Too late to add this Brit review???

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 12:04 PM   #137
Road Trip
Captain
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60 & ‘23 C8 Z06

Great thread. Thanks for all who have contributed. I just found a fun (to me) one that is not here yet by Remove Before Race. Tons of facts within, a little fun at the very beginning (but could have been cut in half imo), great schematics, and just overall a worthy watch, especially looking at this reviewers extensive super cars he has owned or still owns, e.g., in background shots, and more. Anyway this is one of my top ten BMW iX videos. At least one that should be in this thread…

Appreciate 1
darylp310951.50
      11-20-2023, 07:06 PM   #138
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 conv, IX M60, model Y

Quote:
You should try to test drive the R1S. It’s definitely has a high SUV feel. I have an R1T and it rides well. The Rivian isn’t as efficient as the BMW, but has a giant battery.

How does the iX compare to the Tesla Model Y performance? When I sat in the iX it reminded me of a wagon or minivan more than a SUV, perhaps it’s because of the center console. I traded my Model Y in on the Rivian.

Im just getting acquainted with the iX, so I appreciate the videos. I still haven’t driven one yet.
I have MYP for 2 years and now we added IX M60.
Well...MYP feels faster because it does true 3.5 sec 0-60 and you don't need to prepare for launch - just push it. It feels faster also because it has less masking suspension and more road noise.
MYP is very spartan car, but it works for us to do Costco/dogs/home depot trips.
Obviously, IX M60 more luxurious, better built, and just more pleasant to drive and own. Wife never drove Tesla but IX is her daily now.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 10:24 AM   #139
WardBb9g
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M

Just got in one of these as loaner while my '23 X5MC gets tires swapped for winter.

Sorry folks, this thing is a joke. Yeah, instant acceleration is there, but the interior has lost all that made BMW "luxury". Poor seat configuration options, closing the doors sounds "tinny" and rattles. Not too mention, what was BMW thinking with foot well configuration in the front seats?!? Reminds me of a late '70s pick up truck. There is soooo much space there that they could have used to configure the center console. And what's with the cup holders under the center console arm rest?? A Contigo coffee mug barely fits in there and its a pain in the ass to reach for it.

Luxury?? I think not.

BMW missed the mark on this in a HUGE way.....I'll stick with the X5MC gasser!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 10:04 AM   #140
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardBb9g View Post
Just got in one of these as loaner while my '23 X5MC gets tires swapped for winter.

Sorry folks, this thing is a joke. Yeah, instant acceleration is there, but the interior has lost all that made BMW "luxury". Poor seat configuration options, closing the doors sounds "tinny" and rattles. Not too mention, what was BMW thinking with foot well configuration in the front seats?!? Reminds me of a late '70s pick up truck. There is soooo much space there that they could have used to configure the center console. And what's with the cup holders under the center console arm rest?? A Contigo coffee mug barely fits in there and its a pain in the ass to reach for it.

Luxury?? I think not.

Sounds like you should. Not your cup of tea.
Appreciate 2
      12-04-2023, 02:42 PM   #141
akin67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardBb9g View Post

Luxury?? I think not.

If you got a base X5 with only the basic features, would you think it was luxurious or would you think that even a basic Camry has better features? My suspicion is you got a base model with no options. $20K in options goes a long way in putting the luxury in a luxury car. As with every BMW model there are things that are less than ideal. As far as the horrible sounding doors, i completely agree with you. I don't think frameless doors or the electronic door opening mechanism from inside the car are necessary and take away from this car. However, when you step in the iX you absolutely feel like you are entering a luxury car. Then once you drive it you realize that this car is superior to any other Ev and definitely more so than an X5. The ride is incredibly smooth and the instant power no matter what speed you are traveling makes it feel like you have unlimited power. And it is all delivered in a whisper quiet ride.

I suggest you go back to the dealer and spend some time in a loaded iX, and do a test drive in that before forming your opinion.
Appreciate 0