BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography

10-10-2020, 11:22 PM   #1
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Bluestone Metallic

Garage List
Just purchased Lumix G85

As title says, looking for tips/advice or anything to take better photos. Seems my Galaxy A51 shoots good. Not sure if its just the lens. Lens is a 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 I've adjusted ISO from 600 to 1600 in low light. During day time havent had much time to cause work. Should I purchase a better lens to run for video/photo? If so what are some lens I could look into getting for those nice shots.
      10-11-2020, 08:32 AM   #2
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

I think you need to be more specific on what problem you have that you want to solve. And maybe post up some examples.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #3
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I think you need to be more specific on what problem you have that you want to solve. And maybe post up some examples.
I believe I figured it out. Photos seem to be coming out great, had to adjust a few settings.
Few samples are on Instagram @burrninja thats my page I post vehicle shots on.
      10-13-2020, 08:03 PM   #4
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

if u hadn't seen this site u may enjoy the different photographers gear and other

https://shotkit.com
Appreciate 1
BurrNinja427.50
      12-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #5
PcarDefector
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT+PS+PE / X3 M40i Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrNinja View Post
I believe I figured it out. Photos seem to be coming out great, had to adjust a few settings.
G85 is a cool camera especially for video and sports. But Panasonic owners are in a tough spot as lens options are limited and pricey.

Looking at your instagram shots, the 14-42 lens is fine for now. I'm say get more familiar with your camera and some basic photo processing.

For comparison, here's a 30 sec tweak in Photoshop/ACR on one of your post. Basically used contrast/shadows/sharping to bring back detail and some saturation to add some color pop. I went overboard on the blue tones but you sure get the idea.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BurrNinja427.50
      12-28-2020, 12:26 AM   #6
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcarDefector View Post
Quote:
G85 is a cool camera especially for video and sports. But Panasonic owners are in a tough spot as lens options are limited and pricey.

Looking at your instagram shots, the 14-42 lens is fine for now. I'm say get more familiar with your camera and some basic photo processing.

For comparison, here's a 30 sec tweak in Photoshop/ACR on one of your post. Basically used contrast/shadows/sharping to bring back detail and some saturation to add some color pop. I went overboard on the blue tones but you sure get the idea.
Yeah I originally bought the camera for doing video of drag racing. Seems the photos are good just need to learn photoshop.
      12-28-2020, 01:07 AM   #7
PcarDefector
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT+PS+PE / X3 M40i Stock

Quote:
Yeah I originally bought the camera for doing video of drag racing. Seems the photos are good just need to learn photoshop.
Just takes a little practise to improve your shooting. It's digital so don't be shy about taking lots of shots and comparing them. Shoot a couple, then review and then shoot more.

Get familiar with using your camera in manual mode. That means:
1. selecting your focus point on the touch screen and using single point focus
2. learn the 3 variables in controlling exposure, ISO, shutter speed and aperture. Use this DSLR simulator as a guideline
http://www.canonoutsideofauto.ca

Lastly, since you'll be shooting a lot, get extra batteries from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-...9138401&sr=8-2

The Panasonic has some cool features for high speed photography such as extracting 4k photos from video, high speed burst and more. There's also a zoom mode in camera but it's really just a trick on cropping the image.

Here's a pretty good deal on Photoshop Elements 2021 for $70 or you could look for a cheaper alternative. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ad...%3Aoverviewtab
Appreciate 2