Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

04-18-2019, 09:52 AM   #441
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

about how long are your guy's workouts? mine varies depending what body part i'm hitting from 1 hr to 1.5 hrs
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #442
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

1.5 to 1.75, depends what I am hitting/how much cardio I am doing. Since summer is upon us atleast 30 mins of my workout is cardio. My lifts are typically 45 to an hour not counting abs which I try to hit on the daily.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #443
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

1-2 depending on part.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #444
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Typically an hour at the longest without counting the HIT Cardio I do for warming up.

In the next month or so I start transitioning over to more intense cardio work, so time in the gym goes up.

Right now I'm sitting on average about 202lbs (Had physical yesterday)...but staying between 11%-12% BF.

Once I start up the cardio...I tend to drop weight fast and since I'm short...the "Little Guy Syndrome" starts to creep into my mind!!

Last year I hit the beach leaner than shit in the upper 170's. This year I hope to do the same thing...but be in the mid 180's as I kept my diet in check and seem to have made some pretty decent progress.
      04-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #445
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Typically an hour at the longest without counting the HIT Cardio I do for warming up.

In the next month or so I start transitioning over to more intense cardio work, so time in the gym goes up.

Right now I'm sitting on average about 202lbs (Had physical yesterday)...but staying between 11%-12% BF.

Once I start up the cardio...I tend to drop weight fast and since I'm short...the "Little Guy Syndrome" starts to creep into my mind!!

Last year I hit the beach leaner than shit in the upper 170's. This year I hope to do the same thing...but be in the mid 180's as I kept my diet in check and seem to have made some pretty decent progress.
That an insane amount of weight to drop given your current physique, but it gives me some motivation haha. Im constantly going between losing weight and gaining weight. I'll cut and drop to 190 or so, but then I'll feel small and eat big and be back near 200 by the end of the week lol. Viscous cycle, I just need to dedicate myself to the cut and get after it *sigh* lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #446
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
about how long are your guy's workouts? mine varies depending what body part i'm hitting from 1 hr to 1.5 hrs
Mine are generally 2hrs....warm up, stretch/mobility, strength, conditioning, cool down.

Sometimes shorter if at home and doing just Strength or just conditioning or Active Recovery. It varies depending on week. My training is different week to week
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #447
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
That an insane amount of weight to drop given your current physique, but it gives me some motivation haha. Im constantly going between losing weight and gaining weight. I'll cut and drop to 190 or so, but then I'll feel small and eat big and be back near 200 by the end of the week lol. Viscous cycle, I just need to dedicate myself to the cut and get after it *sigh* lol.
Yeah.....same here. Last year I started cutting around 195 or so...and ended up at 178 somewhere in the 6% range. But I think I depleted myself too much as after 3 days of eating whatever I wanted, I was back up almost 5lbs and looked fuller than ever.

This year I'm hoping to see the 6% range and still be about 185lbs. So it's about a 15lb drop +/- 1-2 lbs.

I really need to get my bf checked. I carry fat pretty evenly, so I can see my abs at a higher % of bf.

But I weighed 202 yesterday morning and can still almost see all of my abs.

I Had an older nurse who was crazy, and I bet a handful in her younger days! She was joking with me the entire time I was in there.

She asked me to remove my shirt for my ECG test, turned around and said..."Oh My".

She then told me that if I got any strange looks from the women outside the room when I left...it was because she was thanking them for letting her be the one to give me my exam.

I was almost rolling on the floor from laughing so hard.
      04-18-2019, 11:56 AM   #448
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
She asked me to remove my shirt for my ECG test, turned around and said..."Oh My".
I switched from a heart surgeon (??) to a female endo as my primacy care about 20 years ago. I went in and it was a WOMEN'S endo clinic, and this Dr. was Hispanic but loved to wear fancy hats in the office.

So, she had to leave the exam room, and left my chart there. Not being interested in ANY of the reading material, I went thru my chart. Initial description included "extra-ordinary musculature development" I was happy that a medical put that in there She walked into the room as I was reading the chart and turned the rosiest shade of red
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #449
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I switched from a heart surgeon (??) to a female endo as my primacy care about 20 years ago. I went in and it was a WOMEN'S endo clinic, and this Dr. was Hispanic but loved to wear fancy hats in the office.

So, she had to leave the exam room, and left my chart there. Not being interested in ANY of the reading material, I went thru my chart. Initial description included "extra-ordinary musculature development" I was happy that a medical put that in there She walked into the room as I was reading the chart and turned the rosiest shade of red
LOL...it's funny catching them in the act!

This one I had wasn't the least bit shy though. It did make me think how would someone react if the roles were reversed in today's society. If I were to make any of those comments especially to someone I had just met even if I thought they knew it was all in jest...it could be a different story!
      04-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #450
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL...it's funny catching them in the act!

This one I had wasn't the least bit shy though. It did make me think how would someone react if the roles were reversed in today's society. If I were to make any of those comments especially to someone I had just met even if I thought they knew it was all in jest...it could be a different story!
There was one phlebotomist (sp?) at a place I went to. Older cougar who looked to have been extremely hawt when younger, probably still an enjoyable evening. I had a goatee, and she always reached out and stroked my chin telling me how much she admired goatees. Then she'd proceed to drain me

of blood

Yet Creepy Uncle Joe can't smell ladies' hair
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 02:02 PM   #451
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah.....same here. Last year I started cutting around 195 or so...and ended up at 178 somewhere in the 6% range. But I think I depleted myself too much as after 3 days of eating whatever I wanted, I was back up almost 5lbs and looked fuller than ever.

This year I'm hoping to see the 6% range and still be about 185lbs. So it's about a 15lb drop +/- 1-2 lbs.
Damn, very solid. I've never really set a weight goal, more of a mirror goal haha. That said if I would translate my mirror goal in terms of weight I'd probably have to drop another 15. I think I'd be pretty ripped up at 175, I see a solid bit of ab definition at 190-195. Sounds pretty tough to get down to that weight though, I would definitely lose some muscle mass which is less than ideal.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-18-2019, 02:21 PM   #452
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Damn, very solid. I've never really set a weight goal, more of a mirror goal haha. That said if I would translate my mirror goal in terms of weight I'd probably have to drop another 15. I think I'd be pretty ripped up at 175, I see a solid bit of ab definition at 190-195. Sounds pretty tough to get down to that weight though, I would definitely lose some muscle mass which is less than ideal.
You said it best right there...go by the mirror. I've got caught up in numbers way too many times to count, and have lost muscle I shouldn't have.

I should be taking your advice!!

My wife is like why are you dieting...you look good now. If I was smart....I should stop around 190 or so as I'm usually around 8% there. Going lower really eats up muscle unnecessarily as going from 8% to 6% is a lot harder than most think.

Also....since I'm only 5'7" on a good day, a few lbs one way or the other is very noticeable on me.

But I sabotage myself as I'm my own worst critic!
      04-18-2019, 06:45 PM   #453
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Totally decimated my shoulders tonight! Feels like my skin is gonna break! Love it!

Also, hot chick totally doing poon thrust in the air which was very fulfilling during my rest periods. If I were crazy enough I swear I would walk by and just smack it when she's at the top lol
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #454
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Totally decimated my shoulders tonight! Feels like my skin is gonna break! Love it!

Also, hot chick totally doing poon thrust in the air which was very fulfilling during my rest periods. If I were crazy enough I swear I would walk by and just smack it when she's at the top lol
Lol.....we got one that started a few weeks ago. Everytime I see her in the gym......she's doing stiff-legged deadlift.....or on the bench doing hyper-extensions!

Anything to work the glutes!
      04-19-2019, 04:56 PM   #455
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So tomorrow morning is back day....already laying out my workout.

Deadlift, weighted pull-ups, dumbbell rows, and then dumbbell pullovers to really stretch out the ribcage and serratus muscles!
      04-19-2019, 09:38 PM   #456
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Damn having lot of left shoulder and elbow pain lately.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 10:28 PM   #457
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Damn having lot of left shoulder and elbow pain lately.
It’s called arthritis, welcome to getting old bro
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 10:30 PM   #458
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Elbow feels like tendons the whole area is numb sort of, shoulder who knows it's in top medial to my delt maybe rotator stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 10:53 PM   #459
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Ran 3.2 tonight since no soccer. Thinking the pool might be warm enough to start swimming tomorrow
      04-20-2019, 05:54 AM   #460
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Elbow feels like tendons the whole area is numb sort of, shoulder who knows it's in top medial to my delt maybe rotator stuff.

My wife gets these boxes each month with a sample of different products. I think this one is called BirchBox.

But this one came with a topical CBD cream for pain relief. I used it that last bench day when I was in the 365 range, and felt a twinge in my left front delt.

By the time I got home from work, my shoulder was really aching when I would move it in certain angles. I put the cream on before bed, and the next day could tell a difference. Placebo or not, I will use it again.

Now for the elbow issue.....two treatments of tendon/muscle scraping on the triceps near the elbow, and the forearm since it pulls on that tendon from a PT.....and that issue is completely gone.

Almost 1 hour per session at $45.....and it feels completely normal.
      04-20-2019, 06:02 AM   #461
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Ran 3.2 tonight since no soccer. Thinking the pool might be warm enough to start swimming tomorrow
I need to start more cardio. At my physical this past week....the company Dr said so far everything looked good....but I needed more cardio since I was getting older!

I told him I do, just not as much in the colder months as I lose weight too fast. He said you need to quit worrying about building all that damn muscle. All the while my ECG showed a resting pulse rate of 64, and my blood pressure was 107/70.

This coming from a guy who is seriously out of shape....trying to tell me what I should do. He then proceeds to give me two bottles of this cheap protein/nutritional drink he says he uses.....and it's main sources of protein come from Soy and Whey Concentrate.

I'm so glad my Primary Care Doctor is a gym enthusiast! At least he understands me......and he looks to be in great shape.
      04-20-2019, 08:14 AM   #462
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When my elbows started to hurt I usually will use my elbow sleeves. Combined with Aspercreme and I'm good to go
Appreciate 0