05-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #45
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlonline View Post
Yes (Finland), but I've not even heard of European orders that have been placed. Have you?
Yeah, I've heard of a couple from Denmark, UK, I think one for Greenland, the US is the only country I'm sure there are no orders. Friday the local dealer said they had M3/M4 order slots for the next 3 months but still nothing for the i8, even though they were expecting the i8 to hit first.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #46
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 (on order)

Quote:
Yes (Finland), but I've not even heard of European orders that have been placed. Have you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
Yeah, I've heard of a couple from Denmark, UK, I think one for Greenland, the US is the only country I'm sure there are no orders. Friday the local dealer said they had M3/M4 order slots for the next 3 months but still nothing for the i8, even though they were expecting the i8 to hit first.
Yep, I'm in the UK @Carac, and my spec is in BMW's ordering system and has been submitted to BMW (with contract signed).
First customer deliveries in the UK are expected Dec-14 (c. September build); mine is Nov-14 build, with delivery expected Jan-15 (although I'm half expecting it to slip to Feb-15 TBH, in which case I will delay collection until Mar-15 due to the way UK year registrations work, i.e. it will be a '15 reg' as opposed to a '64 reg' (if it were to be registered anytime between Sep-14 and Feb-15 inc.).
However, it is worth noticing that BMW have said that now that initial orders have been placed across UK & Europe etc. they will now have a better idea how to allocate vehicles to different dealerships. Consequently they have said that further announcements regarding dealership allocations will be announced in the forthcoming weeks.

T
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #47
Pitkis
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: i8 2014

Quote:
With a confirmed slot for production, is that to say you have actually placed your order with the dealership and selected options? If so, you may be the first I've heard about that has done so.
Yes, you are correct, the car is signed for production like you descibed. There are certain number of orders in Europe, but who knows how many...
      05-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #48
JET500
Rep
Drives: BMW M760Li

I have placed my order here in the UK. I have been told by my dealer to expect a December delivery and they said this would be their first customer car.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #49
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET500 View Post
I have placed my order here in the UK. I have been told by my dealer to expect a December delivery and they said this would be their first customer car.
Exactly as per my post above (reg. initial UK deliveries). I'm 3rd in line, but that's fine as it allows me to spec laser lights etc. as BMW have announced that this option is to become available in November.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #50
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

I'm curious what you in the U.K. are ordering from, as when I look at the BMW UK website, there isn't a configurator that allows one to price up the car based upon options selected. Do dealers have the information on the pricing of options?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #51
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm curious what you in the U.K. are ordering from, as when I look at the BMW UK website, there isn't a configurator that allows one to price up the car based upon options selected. Do dealers have the information on the pricing of options?
Hi Doug,
BMW UK's online car configurator is really poor and out of date.
The cars are ordered on BMW's own internal system, in the same way that most BMWs are spec'd - see my new post in your new thread.

T
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #52
Gamoto
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Convertible 2018 750ix

Pics from Santa Monica

I saw three of them cruising around Santa Monica this weekend. Talked to one of the drivers. He said they were on a promotional tour.
Appreciate 0