BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

07-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #67
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Jealousy gets people nowhere. He's accomplished as one of the greatest ever, has rings to prove it, has money, looks, supermodel wife, etc... It's understandable, the hate out of jealousy, but it gets you nowhere...
Actually I think he's barely better than a journeyman qband his success is due to the coach and players around him. He's a good decision maker, fair arm. That's about it. Not jealous in any way. You can keep him. I'll take Gronk.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #68
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Jealousy gets people nowhere. He's accomplished as one of the greatest ever, has rings to prove it, has money, looks, supermodel wife, etc... It's understandable, the hate out of jealousy, but it gets you nowhere...
Actually I think he's barely better than a journeyman qband his success is due to the coach and players around him. He's a good decision maker, fair arm. That's about it. Not jealous in any way. You can keep him. I'll take Gronk.
Hahaha you're funny
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 10:41 AM   #69
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Pay no attention to any of his records. Yes, football is a team sport, and he's got an excellent coach and team around him, but here's his playoff records, never mind his records in the regular season (blatantly stolen from wikipedia):

Playoffs
Most games played - 31
Most games started for a quarterback - 31
Most games won as starting quarterback - 22
Most consecutive wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 10
Most consecutive wins to start a career, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 10, Tom Brady, New England Patriots, 2001, 2003–2005
Most career home wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 15, Tom Brady, New England Patriots, 2001–2016
Most consecutive home wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 8, Tom Brady, New England Patriots, 2001–2007; Jim Kelly, Buffalo Bills 1988, 1990–1991, 1993, 1995
Most touchdown passes - 56
Most passing yards - 7,957
Most passes completed - 683
Most passes attempted - 1,085
Most division titles for a starting quarterback - 13
Most NFL conference championship appearances for a starting quarterback - 10
Most NFL conference championship wins for a starting quarterback - 6
Most career 300+ passing yard games in postseason history

Super Bowl
Most touchdown passes - 13
Most yards gained - 1,605
Most passes completed - 164
Most passes attempted - 247
Most passes completed in first half of a single Super Bowl - 20
Most passes completed in a single Super Bowl - 37
Most Super Bowl appearances - 6 (tied with Mike Lodish)
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 10:45 AM   #70
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

You forgot most times suspended for impeding an investigation
      07-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #71
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Your remembrance is faulty. He was interviewed countless times. I'll agree that destroying a phone (at that time) was not wise, but he's done that many times before then due to privacy reasons.

You might have also forgot about Émile Clapeyron, who in 1834 came up with something called the Ideal Gas Law, or is that a replay of Sir Isaac Newton's sky is falling hooplah?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 11:09 AM   #72
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

And yet he struggles to get people to like him outside of Patriot fans.

Payton Manning on the other hand, people generally adore him. Even despite those awful pizza commercials.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 11:52 AM   #73
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post

Payton Manning on the other hand, people generally adore him. Even despite those awful pizza commercials.
Yeah. He's an ass. It's his team. He doesn't throw a laser like Marino. He doesn't move like countless guys. He has good recievers, good playbook, good play calling, an offensive line that has typically bought him an extra second or two, and good decision making. Put Rodgers, peyton, cam newton, etc on that team and you'd see real records.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 12:33 PM   #74
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn
Quote:
Your remembrance is faulty. He was interviewed countless times. I'll agree that destroying a phone (at that time) was not wise, but he's done that many times before then due to privacy reasons.

You might have also forgot about Émile Clapeyron, who in 1834 came up with something called the Ideal Gas Law, or is that a replay of Sir Isaac Newton's sky is falling hooplah?
I was referring to the phone with respect to impeding an investigation...

We can agree destroying the phone was not wise, unless of course the information on it was so incriminating the penalty would have been worse than a 4-game suspension. In that case perhaps it was wise on his part. Maybe it's better to have people assume / wonder if you are a cheater than provide the world with evidence you are one.
      07-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #75
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1
Quote:

Yeah. He's an ass. It's his team. He doesn't throw a laser like Marino. He doesn't move like countless guys. He has good recievers, good playbook, good play calling, an offensive line that has typically bought him an extra second or two, and good decision making. Put Rodgers, peyton, cam newton, etc on that team and you'd see real records.
What are you talking about?

Brady has been playing with so so players and still makes playoffs/SBs. The only good player is gronk but gronk isnt gronk without Brady.

Pats has been on top for over 13 years...your just a typical Brady hater, admit it
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 12:42 PM   #76
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc328 View Post
What are you talking about?

Brady has been playing with so so players and still makes playoffs/SBs. The only good player is gronk but gronk isnt gronk without Brady.

Pats has been on top for over 13 years...your just a typical Brady hater, admit it
Well I'll admit it. I'm a typical Brady hater. In that I mean it's typical that people hate him.

But the real beauty of the argument above, is that we just don't know if the Patriots would be better with Manning, Newton, Rodgers, Tebow, Sanchez or Manziel. It's totally impossible to prove. But I'd like to believe they would be. Call me an optimist.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 03:16 PM   #77
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Manning is genuinely funny and doesn't mind putting himself out there for comedic value. Brady doesn't do that, except for occasional Wahlberg movies. He's happy with his private life, as most of us would be, much to the chagrin of many of those same people. Manning also got one of Brady's star receivers, Wes Welker, who was still doing great things for New England, and did nothing with him.

Goodell villainized the Pats, mostly fabricated or implied, some legit, and turned them into the Yankees of football. Yankees had A-Rod (coincidentally a decent looking guy with hotties and wealth). It's made the commish even more wealthy and powerful.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 04:30 AM   #78
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Impeding an investigation? Puh-leaze.... Stop being a headline reader and actually research facts.

Brady supplied all texts & e-mails - which they also got from the equipment guys, which matched up 100%. Ted Wells told Brady that they would *not* need his phone and reported that he was very cooperative.

It's not uncommon for a high profile person to destroy their phone. They aren't turning it in to your local pimple faced employee at the AT&T store for a credit. Data, even deleted, can be pulled off and used in a malicious manner. Let's not forget that this whole thing got started by the NFL office leaking information to Chris Mortensen that 11/12 balls were 2 PSI under, which was found to be extremely inaccurate as they were just a few ticks under the 12.5 limit. Brady also had some of his emails that he provided to the league leaked as well. Not surprised he wouldn't give them his phone (despite being told they wouldn't need it) that probably has personal conversations with his wife, photos, etc.

Last edited by stimpy; 07-19-2016 at 04:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #79
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Everyone seems to forget that as soon as Brady turned in his emails, they got leaked to the press. I wouldn't trust the nfl with my personal info on my phone either.

The suspension was more for making goodell look foolish than it was for "tampering".
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 09:06 AM   #80
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87
Everyone seems to forget that as soon as Brady turned in his emails, they got leaked to the press. I wouldn't trust the nfl with my personal info on my phone either.

The suspension was more for making goodell look foolish than it was for "tampering".
Yup, the convo about what he think of Manning vs Him. That was kinda funny but true...look Manning just retired

All superstar atheletes and celebrities destroy their cellphones.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 09:21 AM   #81
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

An intelligent innocent person, celebrity or otherwise, would hold onto any form of potential evidence they had until after the proceedings were completely over (including penalty phase) if it could potentially exonerate them or provide evidence the NFL was "out to get them". He could have put it in a safe until everything was final. So rationalize all you'd like, but he was either covering up something or being idiotic when he destroyed the phone at the time he did. There was a CBA that gave the NFL the authority to act as it did and Brady destroyed the one thing that could possibly have helped him prove the NFL acted in bad faith. Case closed.
      07-19-2016, 09:41 AM   #82
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yup, the convo about what he think of Manning vs Him. That was kinda funny but true...look Manning just retired

All superstar atheletes and celebrities destroy their cellphones.
That was great. Colorado radio was just blasting Brady all summer saying he'd retire before Manning and that Manning still had it and Brady was on the decline... Then the season started
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #83
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
An intelligent innocent person, celebrity or otherwise, would hold onto any form of potential evidence they had until after the proceedings were completely over (including penalty phase) if it could potentially exonerate them or provide evidence the NFL was "out to get them". He could have put it in a safe until everything was final. So rationalize all you'd like, but he was either covering up something or being idiotic when he destroyed the phone at the time he did. There was a CBA that gave the NFL the authority to act as it did and Brady destroyed the one thing that could possibly have helped him prove the NFL acted in bad faith. Case closed.
They had all the texts and emails though. That's what people are forgetting. All the texts that went to the equipment managers were already in their possession. Then when brady gave them his text history for the nfl to follow up with, they said it was too much work and didnt.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #84
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4
Again, NFL already hired a team to look into his emails and cellphone and they told Brady that they're done and they didnt find anything

Stop using the "he destroy his cellphone"
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #85
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I don't really need to "use" anything. He is out for four games, regardless of what Brady/Pats fans wish to believe or cry about. If you want to believe destroying the phone was intelligent, go right ahead.
      07-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #86
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
A-FUCKING-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Cowboys fan (yes, I know) living in MA, so all I hear all day are Patriots fans defending Brady and the organization to the end. Making tons of excuses about him destroying his phone (e.g. "it's his property, he can do whatever he wants with it").

Well, yes, I guess he can....and doing "whatever he wanted" just earned himself a 4 game suspension. Much deserved.

Suckers!

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #87
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Again, NFL already hired a team to look into his emails and cellphone and they told Brady that they're done and they didnt find anything

Let me guess, Pats fan?!

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #88
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sed335i
Quote:

Let me guess, Pats fan?!
And?

Must suck when you drive to Boston for work that Monday morning when the cowboys got schooled by the pats
Attached Images

Appreciate 0