06-22-2022, 03:52 PM   #1
tuffcalc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 992 Turbo S

2023 M60 Allocations - June/July?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Have any M60 allocations started arriving? If so when is your production date? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 04:04 PM   #2
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffcalc View Post
Have any M60 allocations started arriving? If so when is your production date? Thanks.
They are not showing up at my dealer yet. They are a pretty high volume dealer in TX. I have said this previously, but I assume BMWNA is withholding the allocations until the July 1st price increase goes into effect. BMWUSA.com is already updated with the price increase ($3700), however no option packages are showing, so either the website is messed up, or they pulled the packages on a vehicle that starts at $108,000. Will see what happens if my allocation ever shows up, I will not be charged over MSRP, but if options are gone, I may pass.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 05:49 PM   #3
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
They are not showing up at my dealer yet. They are a pretty high volume dealer in TX. I have said this previously, but I assume BMWNA is withholding the allocations until the July 1st price increase goes into effect. BMWUSA.com is already updated with the price increase ($3700), however no option packages are showing, so either the website is messed up, or they pulled the packages on a vehicle that starts at $108,000. Will see what happens if my allocation ever shows up, I will not be charged over MSRP, but if options are gone, I may pass.
The ordering/pricing guide has been previously posted for 2023. The packages for 2023 are the same as 2022 and priced the same with only a base price increase of $3700. Website updates are likely still needed for the configuration tool.

My 2023 M60 was built on 6/14 and is currently awaiting transport from factory to port for export. My base price did not get the increase.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 07:30 PM   #4
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
Quote:
The ordering/pricing guide has been previously posted for 2023. The packages for 2023 are the same as 2022 and priced the same with only a base price increase of $3700. Website updates are likely still needed for the configuration tool.

My 2023 M60 was built on 6/14 and is currently awaiting transport from factory to port for export. My base price did not get the increase.
I am glad that you are not going to have to pay the increase. However, my dealer has been expecting allocations every Friday this month, and zero have come through. The first Friday 6/3, BMWNA said they had paused all German build allocations for 1 week. Next Friday 6/10 no allocations, no update from BMWNA as to why not. Last Friday 6/17 was the same as the previous, no allocations and no updates from BMWNA. At this point the simplest explanation is that they decided to hold all June M60 allocation slots until the price increase goes into effect on 7/1. It also appears that only dealers on the East Coast have received any M60 allocations prior to June.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 08:05 PM   #5
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
It also appears that only dealers on the East Coast have received any M60 allocations prior to June.
I bought my vehicle via a broker last week from BMW Anchorage and had it re-routed to a NJ dealership for a courtesy delivery (add $500 payable to local dealership)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 10:10 PM   #6
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It also appears that only dealers on the East Coast have received any M60 allocations prior to June.
I bought my vehicle via a broker last week from BMW Anchorage and had it re-routed to a NJ dealership for a courtesy delivery (add $500 payable to local dealership)
I have no idea then. Would certainly think dealers in TX would get priority over a dealer in AK, but at least in Austin, neither dealer has gotten any allocations. I haven't really looked elsewhere because I did not have to put down a deposit, nor will I be paying anything above MSRP. I have bought numerous vehicles from my SA, so he takes care of me. Edit to add: My Taycan 4S Cross Turismo allocation should come up in January, possibly sooner, so it isn't a huge deal to me to get the iX immediately, but really annoyed that BMWNA seems to be withholding allocations until the price increase is locked in.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 11:42 PM   #7
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have no idea then. Would certainly think dealers in TX would get priority over a dealer in AK, but at least in Austin, neither dealer has gotten any allocations. I haven't really looked elsewhere because I did not have to put down a deposit, nor will I be paying anything above MSRP. I have bought numerous vehicles from my SA, so he takes care of me. Edit to add: My Taycan 4S Cross Turismo allocation should come up in January, possibly sooner, so it isn't a huge deal to me to get the iX immediately, but really annoyed that BMWNA seems to be withholding allocations until the price increase is locked in.
If that is what they are doing, it makes sense to me. I don't want to put in an order for a car and then find out the price has changed for 2023 when it is finally built months later.

Maybe one could argue that you should be able to spec a 2023 that won't be built until August or September while their prices are still shown as 2022 model year and lock in the 2022 price but it just seems like an awkward situation. I'd be fine if they could just give the allocation and build at the expected 2023 price but they don't seem to be set up to do that either.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 11:46 PM   #8
sor
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
If they are indeed simply holding up allocations until July 1st so they can make sure it falls cleanly into the new pricing, rather than just making it clear that the 2023s have new pricing now, that implies they are willing to idle production (or maybe temporarily shift pines to other models?) for a month just to do this.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 08:41 AM   #9
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
If they are indeed simply holding up allocations until July 1st so they can make sure it falls cleanly into the new pricing, rather than just making it clear that the 2023s have new pricing now, that implies they are willing to idle production (or maybe temporarily shift pines to other models?) for a month just to do this.
Not sure they would have to idle production, they could just be prioritizing the iX 40 and 50 orders they already have. The M60 started production later, so it wouldn't be too hard to slow down the roll out on it. If there was some clarity coming from BMWNA or BMWDE as to what they are doing, it would be better, but I am sure they are trying to keep it somewhat ambiguous at this point to not upset customers waiting on an allocation.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 10:13 AM   #10
sor
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Not sure they would have to idle production, they could just be prioritizing the iX 40 and 50 orders they already have. The M60 started production later, so it wouldn't be too hard to slow down the roll out on it. If there was some clarity coming from BMWNA or BMWDE as to what they are doing, it would be better, but I am sure they are trying to keep it somewhat ambiguous at this point to not upset customers waiting on an allocation.
I see, but the price is going up for the 40 as well isn't it? In theory they'd have the same pricing debacle, though it's not as big of a hike.

The M5 is supposedly jumping $4200! It might be telling to see if they are stopping allocations for models like this as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 10:49 AM   #11
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
The packages for 2023 are the same as 2022 and priced the same with only a base price increase of $3700.
Based on the pricing guide, I'm seeing package changes (coming) on the M60.

ZDY Driving Assistance Professional Package (EOP 06/22)

and

ZLX Luxury Package (EOP 06/22)

will no longer be available after this month. They are going to be replaced by

ZPX Executive Package (SOP 07/22)

Price will go down $50 due to that - LOL!

So it might be they are indeed waiting 'til July to update the configurator which would make sense. Why would you put packages on there that will be gone in 8 days, right?
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 12:23 PM   #12
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I see, but the price is going up for the 40 as well isn't it? In theory they'd have the same pricing debacle, though it's not as big of a hike.

The M5 is supposedly jumping $4200! It might be telling to see if they are stopping allocations for models like this as well.
Prices are going up on 2023 models, they may be finishing up a bunch of ordered 2022s.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 09:26 PM   #13
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
$500 to broker for vehicle at MSRP was worth it to me
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 09:41 PM   #14
V3n0m51
Vroom^2
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G30 MY23 M550i

Quote:
Quote:
Certainly agree on my end. My iX50 is still in limbo.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 11:30 PM   #15
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If my iX allocation or build ends up in limbo, I will walk away. As I said, my Taycan 4S CT allocation is coming up either end of this year or January, so I will just buy one new vehicle this year instead of two. I still maintain that rollout of the iX is Ford levels of bad (look at the new Explorer roll out a few years back, and the Bronco rollout just last year).
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 12:35 PM   #16
NomoTesla
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Having a poor experience as well and no love from local BMW dealer. I have some kind of a sheet from the dealer that looks like it came out of a fax machine that looks like a vehicle locator form or something. Got that in April and dealer is saying no M60 allocations in the last month and that the higher pricing will apply to my so-called "order".

When I order a Tesla, a Rivian, or a Ford my price is locked-in the day of the order no matter how long it takes to build my car. BMW process is bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 01:21 PM   #17
BimmerBahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoTesla View Post
When I order a Tesla, a Rivian, or a Ford my price is locked-in the day of the order no matter how long it takes to build my car. BMW process is bullshit.
Tesla, yes, sort of…. Rivian, only after of the backlash did they agree to honor the earlier price. Ford, I don’t have any direct experience aside from my Lightning order, currently in production… but doubt it.
      06-25-2022, 02:25 PM   #18
sor
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoTesla View Post
Having a poor experience as well and no love from local BMW dealer. I have some kind of a sheet from the dealer that looks like it came out of a fax machine that looks like a vehicle locator form or something. Got that in April and dealer is saying no M60 allocations in the last month and that the higher pricing will apply to my so-called "order".

I think this is pretty standard though for BMW and other established manufacturers. If you get a 2022 you pay the 2022 price, if you get a 2023 you pay the 2023 price. It's been that way as long as I can remember, and this will be the fourth BMW I've ordered. Maybe there are cases where people are getting 2022 models and paying 2023 model prices?

I think the issue here is that we don't have build slots to lock in a 2022 model year build. So you end up with a 2023. This happened to me once previously right around the model year change, I was negotiating an order and the price bumped a few hundred dollars but in return I got the newer model year.

I'd say some of these cases are a bit varied, for example Rivian is a new manufacturer and I'm not sure if they really have an established model year cadence. With BMW there is also some dealer discretion involved, whereas Rivian and Tesla are doing direct sales and can have a global consistent policy for customers.

My buddy has a preorder on a cyber truck and was not promised any final cost at all. Similar to the BMW iX, the features and packages are subject to change, and final cost will depend on the packages available at the time they finalize his slot and they build the car. They can easily offer packages for some buyers and then change at any time.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 02:33 PM   #19
sor
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Now that I think about it more, it's just a downside of the dealer model. You can put down a deposit but you don't get locked in on anything until the dealer gets the allocation. You're not being promised a build slot up front by BMW corporate.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 01:44 PM   #20
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Now that I think about it more, it's just a downside of the dealer model. You can put down a deposit but you don't get locked in on anything until the dealer gets the allocation. You're not being promised a build slot up front by BMW corporate.
I've never had a problem with production or custom order BMWs in 15+ years. I've always worked with dealers that had Status 111 builds available to be modified to my liking, they've modified the order, given me a print-out with a confirmed build week from BMW. The car has always been built on or before that date, and has made it's way quickly to my local dealership for delivery.

Getting dicked around by these dealers that don't have an allocation with a confirmed production week is the issue, compounded by the current supply chain/transportation mess, and BMWs inability to properly predict timelines any longer.

I still think the dealer model allows for best prices for consumers under the right market conditions (obviously not the current marketplace).
Appreciate 1
sor3102.00
      06-26-2022, 01:57 PM   #21
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
We have one 2023 iX M60i available allocation July Week 27-28 production date (may start sooner if marked customer sold)

East coast, north east dealership

MSRP

Broker fee separate
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/

Last edited by Day Laborer; 06-26-2022 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 03:02 PM   #22
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
We have one 2023 iX M60i available allocation 7/28 production date (may start sooner if marked customer sold)

East coast, north east dealership

MSRP

Broker fee separate

+1 for Day Laborer ... He is an excellent resource and helped me with my iX M60 through his dealer network ... his modest fee is well worth it, or you can take your chances with maybe getting a vehicle through your local dealer's allocation when/if they receive it
Appreciate 1