Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

05-10-2020, 08:23 AM   #111
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
The steering wheel has still got the formula on it.
Yeah my friend , I can see your steering wheel is still shiny from the Rejuvenator oil.
But think by now , that's already gone and done .

Your leather looks just perfect . Brand new matte factory finish ! Great job .Well done my friend
Like I said with Leatherique .You can't go wrong

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #112
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah my friend , I can see your steering wheel is still shiny from the Rejuvenator oil.
But think by now , that's already gone and done .

Your leather looks just perfect . Brand new matte factory finish ! Great job .Well done my friend
Like I said with Leatherique .You can't go wrong
Yes I went through it again damping polishing it off the wheel and slight smudges here and there I left.These are big armchair type seats and a lot to cover.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 08:41 AM   #113
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

[QUOTE=racerbruce;26157751]
Quote:

Thank you - it was such a horrible time. The most absurd and terrible audio of all was of Richard Nixon, US President at the time, stating to another cabinet member to "keep the body bags coming until November of next year when I'm re-elected....and then I'll stop the war then and the American public will see me as a hero".

This seems impossible, but Nixon actually thought it a good idea to audio tape ALL of his conversations while in the White House, thinking his words would absolve or substantiate why he made some of his decisions....the CNN video series entitled Tricky Dick was simply incredible -
My friend I watched the video . Strange reactions and weird behavior .
Actually he didn't knew what to say by the loss of all the Amercan soldiers .
As far as I know and see , his behavior is absolutely not normal ..
Using dead soldiers to be re-elected ...Crazy !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-10-2020, 09:03 AM   #114
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yes I went through it again damping polishing it off the wheel and slight smudges here and there I left.These are big armchair type seats and a lot to cover.
Yes my friend . The M5 seats are big and very beautiful . Great design by ///M.
I actually regret that I never took pictures from "before". And later from after the treatment ..
That would really show how good the Leatherique treatment actually is

It's all about maintenance 2 x / year will keep our leather in top condition !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #115
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

'2020 F1 Austria. Hopefully it's true .Of course without spectators ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #116
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yes my friend . The M5 seats are big and very beautiful . Great design by ///M.
I actually regret that I never took pictures from "before". And later from after the treatment ..
That would really show how good the Leatherique treatment actually is

It's all about maintenance 2 x / year will keep our leather in top condition !
From being slightly shiny to that 'just left the factory' finish is enough for me
I would think once a year would be enough and that the spring time would be the ideal time to apply it before the heat.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #117
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
'2020 F1 Austria. Hopefully it's true .Of course without spectators ...
My friend,I honestly think it won't happen at all , remember the WHO has the final say.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 10:01 AM   #118
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Wowie!
Such beautiful leather and M5!
Thank you Racerbruce!
Did you manage to find the scenes in the film to what I was referring to...
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #119
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
From being slightly shiny to that 'just left the factory' finish is enough for me
I would think once a year would be enough and that the spring time would be the ideal time to apply it before the heat.
You nailed it again my friend . But for me with my job , it's when I find the necessary time to do it .
Mostly I can plan actually ...."Nothing"
The weather predictions for june and august are very hot , probably with heat waves like last year ...It was crazy hot , with lack of water everywhere !
The heat from the sun is clearly changed in the last 5 years . It's now already crazy hot to stay or to work in the sun .
No doubt the climate changed in too hot . We get no winters anymore . And in summer the heat followed by (tropical) thunderstorms are very dangerous !
Last year we got several nights with crazy heavy thunderstorms .During the night it was like WW-II outside ...I had to drive at the company at 4:30 AM with fallen tries and mudflows over the roads !
It was terrible !

I always try to park my car in the shadow ,always out of the sunlight !
Because this kind of strong sunlight is very bad for the paint , rubber window sealings , and leather from our cars ...

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 05-10-2020 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-10-2020, 11:34 AM   #120
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
My friend,I honestly think it won't happen at all , remember the WHO has the final say.
Yeah . It's very doubtful my friend .We are not done with this killer virus !
All we can do is hope for a vaccine that really works without side-effects !
As far as I know the virus is mutated already 4 times . And a new "Kawasaki virus" is going on !
According virologists : "With all these mutations it's not possible to make a vaccine" !
WHO ?
W.H.O = "Worthless".Health.Organisation !

Where is the WHO during this pandemic ? While they got billions from all the countries ...We got "ZERO" support !
No wonder Trump stopped to give them financial support !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-10-2020, 11:44 AM   #121
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
You nailed it again my friend . But for me with my job , it's when I find the necessary time to do it .
Mostly I can plan actually ...."Nothing"
The weather predictions for june and august are very hot , probably with heat waves like last year ...It was crazy hot , with lack of water everywhere !
The heat from the sun is clearly changed in the last 5 years . It's now already crazy hot to stay or to work in the sun .
No doubt the climate changed in too hot . We get no winters anymore . And in summer the heat followed by (tropical) thunderstorms are very dangerous !
Last year we got several nights with crazy heavy thunderstorms .During the night it was like WW-II outside ...I had to drive at the company at 4:30 AM with fallen tries and mud flows over the roads !
It was terrible !

I always try to park my car in the shadow ,always out of the sunlight !
Because this kind of strong sunlight is very bad for the paint , rubber window sealings , and leather from our cars ...
I had a full red baseball cap which I used to wear for race meetings and recently working in the garden, it's turned pink/orange from the sun.
The post office vans used here were shiny post box red colour..now three or four years old they are all MATT RED and fading, you HAVE to buy a metallic paint coloured car for paint longevity. It's important to wear a hat now in blazing sunshine and long light slacks when about also I have long sleeved polo shirts to save the arms! -when the sun is dangerous.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #122
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah . It's very doubtful my friend .We are not done with this killer virus !
All we can do is hope for a vaccine that really works without side-effects !
As far as I know the virus is mutated already 4 times . And a new "Kawasaki virus" is going on !
According virologists : "With all these mutations it's not possible to make a vaccine" !
WHO ?
W.H.O = "Worthless".Health.Organisation !

Where is the WHO during this pandemic ? While they got billions from all the countries ...We got "ZERO" support !
No wonder Trump stopped to give them financial support !
Italy and Greece now is aghast at UK's slow response when cover was ravaging their countries..it just leads me more to believe we need a new type of people government, the present one is not capable and they are too intelligent for their own good.There is not even a motoring lobby there for the good of road users!
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #123
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I had a full red baseball cap which I used to wear for race meetings and recently working in the garden, it's turned pink/orange from the sun.
The post office vans used here were shiny post box red colour..now three or four years old they are all MATT RED and fading, you HAVE to buy a metallic paint coloured car for paint longevity. It's important to wear a hat now in blazing sunshine and long light slacks when about also I have long sleeved polo shirts to save the arms! -when the sun is dangerous.
I couldn't agree more my friend !
My car is Silverstone II . That's metallic paint . But like I said I park her always in the shadow anyway .

Regarding the heat waves : As you know my job at the company is all about injection molding .
The hotrunners of our injection molding systems are running with a temperatuur between 335° and 400° "Celsisus" !
Imagine the heat during the heat waves at the company . Last year we saw temps between 45 and 50° Celsisus inside the company !
The AC we didn't felt anymore . Every hour we got 10 min. extra break .
I drank +/- 4 liters of water at work , came home a drank everything what was cold of my refrigerator !
And I peed only once in 10 hours ...
So...It was not funny anymore . I'm already afraid from what is coming this summer !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-10-2020, 12:20 PM   #124
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I couldn't agree more my friend !
My car is Silverstone II . That's metallic paint . But like I said I park her always in the shadow anyway .

Regarding the heat waves : As you know my job at the company is all about injection molding .
The hotrunners of our injection molding systems are running with a temperatuur between 335° and 400° "Celsisus" !
Imagine the heat during the heat waves at the company . Last year we saw temps between 45 and 50° Celsisus inside the company !
The AC we didn't felt anymore . Every hour we got 10 min. extra break .
I drank +/- 4 liters of water at work , came home a drank everything what was cold of my refrigerator !
And I peed only once in 10 hours ...
So...It was not funny anymore . I'm already afraid from what is coming this summer !
Your good to use a mini car for work and have your M safely in the garage away from the sun rays. It's a tight fit in my garage so sometimes I have it outside with a lightweight car cover over it for the M to protect from sun secured by closing boot lid on the end, door mirror ties and the front wraps under the front edge nicely.
I have just also treated all the rubber seals on the M with Autoglym rubber and vinyl treatment and the CLK too. The tyres get a dose of Simoniz silicone spray.
I must say you have a healthy bladder after drinking all that water!

Last edited by M5Rick; 05-11-2020 at 01:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 12:23 PM   #125
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Italy and Greece now is aghast at UK's slow response when cover was ravaging their countries..it just leads me more to believe we need a new type of people government, the present one is not capable and they are too intelligent for their own good.There is not even a motoring lobby there for the good of road users!
Same here my friend . As you know the "Belgian government" is actually a episode of the "Muppet Show"
The 3 languages in our country make it even more complicated..And the struggle is real !
This means for the moment Belgium has NO government !
In the beginning , our minister from health care (Maggie De Block) said to us , this virus is like a "regular flu" and we are ready for it...
Please stop to be such a "Drama Queens" ! Meanwhile I really wonder where she is ?
Of course , she's still in self-quaratine ...
As you can see ...Here is our "Maggie" our Belgian minister from health care !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-10-2020, 12:29 PM   #126
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Same here my friend . As you know the "Belgian government" is actually a episode of the "Muppet Show"
The 3 languages in our country make it even more complicated..And the struggle is real !
This means for the moment Belgium has NO government !
In the beginning , our minister from health care (Maggie De Block) said to us , this virus is like a "regular flu" and we are ready for it...
Please stop to be such a "Drama Queens" ! Meanwhile I really wonder where she is ?
Of course , she's still in self-quaratine ...
As you can see ...Here is our "Maggie" our Belgian minister from health care !
Maggie(health care)De Block...no doubt self quarantining on FULL PAY
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #127
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Your good to use a mini car for work and have your M safely in the garage away from the sun rays. It's a tight fit in my garage so sometimes I have it outside with a lightweight car cover over it for the M to protect from sun secured by closing boot lid on the end, door mirror ties and the front wraps under the front edge nicely.
I have just also treated all the rubber seals on the M with Autoglym rubber and plastic treatment and the CLK too. The tyres get a dose of Simoniz silicone spray.
I must say you have a healthy bladder after drinking all that water!
Yeah my friend . It's important to drink at lot in extreme high temps .
All the water comes out of the pores during work . Skin feels non-stop wet !
Got during the nights several times extreme muscle cramps by the loss of my magnesium in the sweat .
Take now daily before the summer begins extra dose of magnesium and of course on hot days a lot of water ...

As for all the rubber sealings and tires I use the "Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel"
Protects against "UV damage and browning" !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-10-2020, 01:27 PM   #128
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26158753]Yeah my friend . It's important to drink at lot in extreme high temps .
All the water comes out of the pores during work . Skin feels non-stop wet !
Got during the nights several times extreme muscle cramps by the loss of my magnesium in the sweat .
Take now daily before the summer begins extra dose of magnesium and of course on hot days a lot of water ...

As for all the rubber sealings and tires I use the "Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel"
Protects against "UV damage and browning" !

*I make sure we have plenty of bottled water in 500ml bottles and rather than drink a lot at once a small swig every 30 mins or so does us well.
Taking organic turmeric capsules, cranberry extract and omega 3 fish oil keeps us healthy.
Just had our PM on national tv saying a very gradual relaxing of lockdown will be introduced with ppl allowed to go to parks for more exercise.Boris has advised against using public transport to go to work and to travel by bike, walk or go by car but generally little has changed.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #129
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -
So great to read all the threads you posted and to see and hear the great conversations occurring.

We spent today (Mother's Day) celebrating from a safe distance in our back yard with our two daughters (39 and 36) and our two grand-children-boys (3.5 yrs and 1.5 yrs)....such a great brunch on our covered patio and time to catch up with each-other. After they left and clean-up was finished, we drove to my wife's mother's home (23 miles one way) to take her flowers for Mother's Day; her mother will be 96 next week and lives on her own but is experiencing significant health issues and has a projected 6 months or less to live; after taking the flowers I took my wife down to the Gig Harbor waterfront https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1433&bih=717

and we enjoyed a drink on a park bench in VERY HOT weather for the Great Pacific Northwest (86F or 30C) but a wonderful breeze kept it nice.

UKM5 -
The M5 leather is simply awesome! I really need to get some Leatherique and take care of the Red Roadster.

MBelgium -
Agreed, the weather continues to get warmer and warmer....I can't imagine 40-50C temperatures at work! Does Belgium's occupational safety and health laws prevent this very high temperature for workers? In the US, it is called a time-weighted-average....it is a formula base upon a table of temperatures and how long a worker is exposed to them to determine if the worker is safe.

Indeed, the Nixon era....there are no words for a "leader" that is recorded to have said keep the Vietnam war alive and keep the body bags coming and then I'll end the war....when I'm newly re-elected and the American public will consider me a hero....the horror of these words.
      05-11-2020, 04:29 AM   #130
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -
So great to read all the threads you posted and to see and hear the great conversations occurring.

We spent today (Mother's Day) celebrating from a safe distance in our back yard with our two daughters (39 and 36) and our two grand-children-boys (3.5 yrs and 1.5 yrs)....such a great brunch on our covered patio and time to catch up with each-other. After they left and clean-up was finished, we drove to my wife's mother's home (23 miles one way) to take her flowers for Mother's Day; her mother will be 96 next week and lives on her own but is experiencing significant health issues and has a projected 6 months or less to live; after taking the flowers I took my wife down to the Gig Harbor waterfront https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1433&bih=717

and we enjoyed a drink on a park bench in VERY HOT weather for the Great Pacific Northwest (86F or 30C) but a wonderful breeze kept it nice.

UKM5 -
The M5 leather is simply awesome! I really need to get some Leatherique and take care of the Red Roadster.

MBelgium -
Agreed, the weather continues to get warmer and warmer....I can't imagine 40-50C temperatures at work! Does Belgium's occupational safety and health laws prevent this very high temperature for workers? In the US, it is called a time-weighted-average....it is a formula base upon a table of temperatures and how long a worker is exposed to them to determine if the worker is safe.

Indeed, the Nixon era....there are no words for a "leader" that is recorded to have said keep the Vietnam war alive and keep the body bags coming and then I'll end the war....when I'm newly re-elected and the American public will consider me a hero....the horror of these words.
My friend I'm glad to hear you had a great time during the weekend with Mother's Day and your 2 daughters and the 2 grand-children

As for the extreme temperatures at the company :
During the heat waves from last year we got also extreme temperatures inside of the company , wich is normal because we run with 60 injection molding machines . Like I said the hotrunners (heating in the front-mold) of these run with temperatures between 335 and 400° Celsius .
And that's really hot . We have a big AC . But there are too much heat sources in the production .
Once the heat during heat waves is too hot (above 35°C) we get every hour extra breaks from 10 min.
We are also daily supplied with ice cream in the freezer (no joke) to get some extra cooling .
Of course we have also several locations with drink water fountains .
Last year we saw in Belgium a few days temps from 44°Celsius (shadow-temp.) Crazy !
While I had to work in PM/Shift

Picture from the AC-Display at the company , last year during the first heat wave in Belgium .
Second heat wave was a lot hotter and showed us almost 50°C on this display !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-11-2020, 04:55 AM   #131
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

According @quoteMaxVerstappen : "Hamilton is very good but he is not God" !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      05-11-2020, 05:05 AM   #132
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Yesterday we got in Belgium (Antwerp) a Tornado !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50