BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

11-12-2021, 04:37 PM   #1
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
My dealer is saying that the Aventurine Red is not available. He said he spoke with their BMW rep who said they are unable to make this car in Aventurine Red and that the color will be removed from the website in a few weeks.

I find this hard to believe given that this is the color in all the press collateral.

Has any one else tried to order Aventurine Red.

I have a June build date. He is also saying that once submitted I won't be able to change the color which also seems ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 07:13 PM   #2
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
My dealer is saying that the Aventurine Red is not available. He said he spoke with their BMW rep who said they are unable to make this car in Aventurine Red and that the color will be removed from the website in a few weeks.

I find this hard to believe given that this is the color in all the press collateral.

I have a June build date. He is also saying that once submitted I won't be able to change the color which also seems ridiculous
based on pricing guide posted here on Wednesday this week and removed almost immediately (I assume due to some rules) Aventurin Red Metallic scheduled to start production in March 2022 as some other options.

I can't guarantee this is still 100% true today
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #3
rstu
Rep
Drives: X3 30D G01, 135i E88, 218d GT

maybe not the answer, but in Sweeden you need to add 'sport package' to be able to choose Aventurine Red
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 09:47 PM   #4
patbrass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB, 6MT

Went today to the Seattle Auto Show and there was a very beautiful Adventurine Red iX there.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 10:21 PM   #5
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstu View Post
maybe not the answer, but in Sweeden you need to add 'sport package' to be able to choose Aventurine Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post

based on pricing guide posted here on Wednesday this week and removed almost immediately (I assume due to some rules) Aventurin Red Metallic scheduled to start production in March 2022 as some other options.

I can't guarantee this is still 100% true today
I have ordered sport package so that's not the issue. See build sheet below.

I will show him the order guide.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 06:37 AM   #6
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

According to the DOG, Aventurine Red is not available until March 2022. So if you are ordering now and want Aventurine Red, your build will be delayed until it's available. They may remove it from the configurator rather than having customers confused or upset by the delay.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 09:01 AM   #7
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
According to the DOG, Aventurine Red is not available until March 2022. So if you are ordering now and want Aventurine Red, your build will be delayed until it's available. They may remove it from the configurator rather than having customers confused or upset by the delay.
Quote:
Thanks. But what I am confused by is that they were quoting a June build so it should be available.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #8
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Issue resolved. Turns out dealer didn't know how to order a special order color! I had a feeling it was user error on his part
Appreciate 3
LittleJoe1064.00
ggalanis2360.00
volodp193.50
      11-28-2021, 10:38 PM   #9
pL86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
I looked at the USA pricing guide and it seems to say that oxide grey metallic paint starts production in March 2022, which makes sense since that color isn't listed in the build configurator right now. The aventurine red seems to be available at launch. Or am I not reading the guide correctly?

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 11.33.59 PM.png
Views: 221
Size:  40.5 KB
Appreciate 0