United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i - sgm

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
i dont know if ur joking or not, but i'll look for that i guess

like i downloaded some DMX (i only know of him coz he was in a movie with jet li - cradle to the grave) he sounds so pissed off, im like im trying NOT to get excited man when i drive, calm the fuck down
i was joking. you've never heard of vanilla ice?? just another black wannabie. i have to admit though, his song's catchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Check this out: www.rjd2site.com.

After it loads, at the top there'll be an audio playlist. Scroll till you see 'Soul Position - Things Go Better'. I think you might like it.
i think you mentioned rjd2 on another thread. i listened to it the last time it was mentioned and i like it
i've downloaded it and listen to it a lot now. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Most mainstream rap sucks major ass imo. Hearing party like a rockstar, 2 step (which I actually like, but it's ooold now), soulja boy, that apple bottom jeans shit, and so on get ooold, oh and ayooo f*ck this song aaaayooo technology...that's more hip hop but it still has fiddy lol. It's just annoying that stations don't take the time to find the real talent. If a rap song has a good music vid with lots of ass shaking it usually gets popular or whatever.
+1. i'm not a big fan of the mainstream now. i used to be back in the 90's and such. but it's gotten bad now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
Let's see...You might like..
N.E.R.D. (They're a band, but still hip hop)

Gym Class Heroes (same, band but still hip hop)

....uh...

Swizz Beats. (he has a new album 'One Man Band Man')

Timbaland (the album 'Shock Value' and all of his other stuff).

Pharrell (his only solo album - In My Mind)
+1 on all of this.
also check out: living legends, atmosphere, outkast (especially their album aquemini), lupe fiasco, mos def
      01-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #24
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Timabaland collaborating with 'She Wants Revenge'. The song is titled - 'Time'.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:29 AM   #25
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Eminem's new album: King Mathers (I believe it's called) is going to be released this year...boo ya!!

I know this might sounds really dumb but go to the 106 and Park website, check their voting option and download all the songs that you can vote for

You might like DJ Khaled's shit...he and T-Pain are all over the radio...ummm Rick Ross, Young Joc, Birdman, Lil Wayne, T.I, Collie Buddz, Kanye West, oh and try Young Jezzy you're probably gonna like him...look@em on itunes ans see if you like anything
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #26
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
Eminem's new album: King Mathers (I believe it's called) is going to be released this year...boo ya!!

I know this might sounds really dumb but go to the 106 and Park website, check their voting option and download all the songs that you can vote for

You might like DJ Khaled's shit...he and T-Pain are all over the radio...ummm Rick Ross, Young Joc, Birdman, Lil Wayne, T.I, Collie Buddz, Kanye West, oh and try Young Jezzy you're probably gonna like him...look@em on itunes ans see if you like anything
Amazon.com is also another good source for listening to snippets of the tracks.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #27
inabis
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.l.e.x. View Post
also check out: living legends, atmosphere, outkast (especially their album aquemini), lupe fiasco, mos def
I think he's just looking for beats not really lyrics I love these guys but to the average listener their production isn't always the best quality...where's Common on this list? BTW Lupe is the shit...he's gonna be here in like 2 weeks I can't wait!!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:33 AM   #28
al4m
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
I think he's just looking for beats not really lyrics I love these guys but to the average listener their production isn't always the best quality...where's Common? BTW Lupe is the shit...he's gonna be here in like 2 weeks I can't wait!!
oh fuck yeah. common's good!!
i cant really stand listening to music with crap lyrics nowadays ie. young jeezy, soulja boy, etc.
      01-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #29
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
damn! thank you guys

ALEX ur really into this stuff huh?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #30
al4m
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
damn! thank you guys

ALEX ur really into this stuff huh?
yup
i've been into rap since i was just a little youngin...SHHHH NOBODY TELL THEM MY AGE
a lot of mainstream hip hop sucks now adays
      01-06-2008, 01:39 AM   #31
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
the thing with hip hop/rap IMO (i dont know much) it seems a really nice sounding song comes out, 6 months later it's gone, it's history.

either coz there's like 50000000 rappers out there, or coz radio over-plays everything that people get sick of it or something... idk...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:39 AM   #32
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
yup
i've been into rap since i was just a little youngin...SHHHH NOBODY TELL THEM MY AGE
a lot of mainstream hip hop sucks now adays
a lot of mainstream MUSIC sucks nowadays. That's mainstream. It's been that way for years and will continue to stay that way.

Don't get me wrong, some of it is good, a lot of it isnt.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:42 AM   #33
inabis
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
oh fuck yeah. common's good!!
i cant really stand listening to music with crap lyrics nowadays ie. young jeezy, soulja boy, etc.
I'm with you man, if our cars didn't have an AUX input I would be so f'ed up...thank god for my ipod...I have to admit at home I just leave the tv on MTV Jams so I don't mind some commercial stuff but you wont find a lot of it on my ipod...

Girl: "OMG do you have that cyclone song?? I love it!!"
Me: "I dont listen to that shit...I got the new Lupe though"
Girl: "Who is Loopy?"
Me: "I should superman yo ass for that comment"
Girl: "Oooo do you have that song???"
Me:
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #34
al4m
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
the thing with hip hop/rap IMO (i dont know much) it seems a really nice sounding song comes out, 6 months later it's gone, it's history.

either coz there's like 50000000 rappers out there, or coz radio over-plays everything that people get sick of it or something... idk...
those are both true
there are too many artists out there who have one hit wonders
and radio stations have a play list of like 5 songs that they constantly put on repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
a lot of mainstream MUSIC sucks nowadays. That's mainstream. It's been that way for years and will continue to stay that way.

Don't get me wrong, some of it is good, a lot of it isnt.
true. very true.
      01-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #35
al4m
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm with you man, if our cars didn't have an AUX input I would be so f'ed up...thank god for my ipod...I have to admit at home I just leave the tv on MTV Jams so I don't mind some commercial stuff but you wont find a lot of it on my ipod...

Girl: "OMG do you have that cyclone song?? I love it!!"
Me: "I dont listen to that shit...I got the new Lupe though"
Girl: "Who is Loopy?"
Me: "I should superman yo ass for that comment"
Girl: "Oooo do you have that song???"
Me:
yeah i wonder what i'd do without my aux port to. i'd probably either resort to a whole bump of mp3 cd's or just listen to the mainstream stuff
i downloaded the new lupe album though. sounds really good
      01-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #36
inabis
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I think Jay-Z said it best(I'm paraphrasing): No one makes albums anymore. When people can buy music by song and not by album people become focused on the wrong thing aka hits not continuous work of art which equal staying power. MIMS, Rich Boy etc...have become what is known as "ringtone rappers."

I agree but disagree with him also, in order to get me to buy an album it has to be amazing....I was tired of paying 15 bucks for 3 songs...f that!! Master P owes me a buncha money man
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 01:50 AM   #37
al4m
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
I think Jay-Z said it best(I'm paraphrasing): No one makes albums anymore. When people can buy music by song and not by album people become focused on the wrong thing. MIMS, Rich Boy etc...have become what is known as "ringtone rappers."

I agree but disagree with him also, in order to get me to buy an album it has to be amazing....I was tired of paying 15 bucks for 3 songs...f that!! Master P owes me a buncha money man
lol same here
i just download songs now but i'll occassionally download a full album if i like the artist or if i hear the album is good
i really like the new kanye album. but i dont really like the songs they play on the radio.
      01-06-2008, 01:59 AM   #38
inabis
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Yeah...I especially don't like Lil' Wayne...he's an ok rapper but ppl swear he's the next Pac/BIG/Jay-Z...he's what I call a Metaphor/Simile rapper....I found this on FB and died laughing:

HOW TO RAP LIKE LIL' WAYNE

1. Pick a Verb. Preferably a verb about running away from the law or from an assailant. I.E. Duck, Run, Dodge or maybe Stop, Drop or Roll. Lil’ Wayne LOVES stopping, dropping and rolling. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

2. Connnect the verb to some sort of simile. This is crucial. Every single Lil’ Wayne line must contain some sort of relatively obvious simile. So maybe you can “duck like Scrooge.” “Run like a bloody nose.” Or even “Dodge like Kansas.” You can do metaphors but try to steer away from doing this too often, lest people think that you are a different ghost-writer. That is bad. Also for bonus points talk about how “sweet” you are. Lil’ Wayne loves talking about being sweet like a Tahitian Treat or some other delicacy high in sucrose.

3. Mention “Slanging Keys.” This is crucial to establish street cred. Don’t pay attention to the fact that Lil’ Wayne’s been famous since 12 and the only thing he knows about slangin’ is that he speaks with it. After all, if you don’t talk drugs how else can you impress the translucent Dairy Queen-white music critics. This way they can also compare you to the Wire. (Just remember to connect all that “slanging keys” talk with a simile).

4. Declare that you are Weezy F. Baby. This will tell listeners who you are. Sure, they probably already know, but adding The “F” in the middle of the name uncertainly adds to Wayne’s level of class. It makes him seem like F. Scott Fitzgerald. Exactly like F. Scott Fitzgerald. Whatever you do, don’t attempt to ascertain what the “F” stands for. That my friends is a slippery slope. And whatever you do, don’t think about what the “F” stands for while looking at a picture of Wayne and Baby making out.

5. Talk about hustling. Music critics love hustling. Presumably, they are devotees to the energetic style of basketball popularized by players like Ben Wallace, Kurt Rambis and Mark Madsen. This will make them feel at home. If there’s anything music writers know about, it’s hustling.

6. Talk about Baby. Call him your Daddy. Forget the fact that he’s not actually your Daddy. Forget the fact that the majority of people that call other men “daddy” are prostitutes. It’s unimportant. Mention something that Baby told you. Maybe that he told you “these b*tches is b*tches.” Or that he told you to “Turn around and stick out.” (Maybe, he was just quoting Sir-Mix-A-Lot.) Ignore the fact that you call a man named “Baby,” “Daddy.” Let’s just chalk that up to being a New Orleans thing.

7. Make some sort of obvious pop culture technology reference. Talk about IPods. Or Myspace. Or gigabytes. Something remotely technological. It will show that Wayne is not completely retarded (just partially) and might have actually read a newspaper once or twice. Which clearly means he is a genius.

8. Talk about how poorly you treat women. Perhaps you can claim how you’ll “never love a b*tch.” Or how you’ll “never give a ho a damn thing.” The more misogynistic the better. This will definitely do much to steer people away from those nasty “gay” rumors.

9. Apropos to nothing, make some sort of remark about Hurricane Katrina. No need to bother making it have anything to do with the rest of the verse. After all, never underestimate white liberal guilt. Any sort of name-dropping will make white liberals feel bad and they will forget the fact that Wayne is a multi-millionaire and anoint him the voice of the people. Also, be sure to make wild ridiculous conspiracy theories like claiming that you heard George Bush blew up the levees. The more absurd the better. Go for it.

10. Proclaim yourself the “Greatest Rapper Alive.” Forget the Fact that Wayne would be lucky to be included in a list of the Top 20 rappers working right now. Most music critics haven’t listened to Hip Hop Made Before 1999 anyway (other than Public Enemy). If you proclaim yourself the greatest, you will be the greatest. Or at least people will be foolish enough to buy this canard.

LIL WAYNE IS THE MOST OVERRATED RAPPER ALIVE
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 02:12 AM   #39
out4scrilla
drive slow homie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

haha thats actually pretty funny about lil wayne i still like him though i say you just LW lupe fiasco and dl everything you wont be dissapointed
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 02:20 AM   #40
inabis
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
LW?? WTF does that mean?? Lose weight? Lupe is a breath of fresh air to me that's all, I aint riding his shit or nothing. Anyway there are a lotta good rappers out there but they'll never get any decent airplay...lol....Gorilla Zoe is on tv....All the hoes jockin/beats steady knockin.......hood *****...lmao he's funny
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #41
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I like that song lol. All the hoes jock jockin beats steady knock knockin
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #42
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
kill yourself huh? that's gonna help me calm when i drive?
lol
lol did you listen to it though? Pretty relaxing if I do say so myself
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #43
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]