Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

02-13-2018, 02:33 AM   #1079
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Fuck man.

Father Time is catching up.

Hurt my right TRAP doing chest- somehow. I wasn't even doing heavy weight- 80 lbs dumb bell incline chest press

Annoyed at getting old.
      02-13-2018, 04:21 AM   #1080
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Fuck man.

Hurt my right TRAP doing chest- somehow. I wasn't even doing heavy weight- 80 lbs dumb bell incline chest press

Annoyed at getting old.
did you happen to turn your head just a inch to the side for just a sec when pressing?

so here's something that caught me off guard and i wasn't sure how to respond afterwards. this guy did the notorious Bench of Shame Roll Off with 135lbs (45lb each side) and he was wearing a weight belt and of course the bar got stuck in front of the belt and he couldn't get it over. so i jogged across and tried to help him lift the bar up and this mofo yells at me and says "Dude, i got it!" so i just put my hands up in the air like "okay?" and i walked away and when i looked back he was still struggling to get it off. so i kinda chuckled as i walked away and everyone saw i was just trying to help the dude and they shook their heads never had that happen to me before
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
smoosh2211.50
      02-13-2018, 04:38 AM   #1081
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Fuck man.

Annoyed at getting old.
Hah you're not alone...strained left trap doing front barbell squats few days ago...probably due to dehydration / jerking neck / poor thermogenics
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 04:38 AM   #1082
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
Fuck man.

Annoyed at getting old.
did you happen to turn your head just a inch to the side for just a sec when pressing?

so here's something that caught me off guard and i wasn't sure how to respond afterwards. this guy did the notorious Bench of Shame Roll Off with 135lbs (45lb each side) and he was wearing a weight belt and of course the bar got stuck in front of the belt and he couldn't get it over. so i jogged across and tried to help him lift the bar up and this mofo yells at me and says "Dude, i got it!" so i just put my hands up in the air like "okay?" and i walked away and when i looked back he was still struggling to get it off. so i kinda chuckled as i walked away and everyone saw i was just trying to help the dude and they shook their heads never had that happen to me before
Good on you for jumping in, dude's a dumbass. Sounds like he has a huge ego for a small weak fuck...
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2018, 05:03 AM   #1083
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
Fuck man.

Annoyed at getting old.
How? Do you warm up? I found that walking on treadmill till my body warms up helps me warm up... try that when you heal up!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:07 AM   #1084
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:

That’s what you get for trying to help
I’m mentally struggling to see how a belt gets caught benching...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #1085
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

The weight was laying on his chest and he was trying to roll it down his belly and off. If you have a weight belt on then it's in the way. Not sure how benching 135 you think you need a weight belt though
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #1086
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

"I got it!" lmao. Nope, you do not.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #1087
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:

Lol I would have pulled my cell out to record that shit.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #1088
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Fuck man.

Annoyed at getting old.
Swinging the dumbbells up into place?

That's why I don't do DB inclines anymore, not being agile enough to roll back into place like with a flat DB press is rough on my torn up shoulders.

My current rant is it's too fkin cold to use the brand new SSB in my garage, moving to Texas from CA was great buuut I wasn't ready for the winters lol

My local 24 has a "crossfit" rack - multiple racks side by side and facing each other, which I term the Tard Magnet because as soon as I start setting up for a squat some tiny twink will either jump on the pullup bars running down the rack and do an American Ninja swinging around, or even more annoying, decide to use the rack directly opposite me to curl or stretch in

I have to ask them politely to GTFO every fucking time, no dipshit, I dont want to be face to face with you curling when I'm trying to rep out 315 front squats
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #1089
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Yea fuck those setups. Who thought it would be a good idea to squat/DL face to face with a complete stranger? Also idk about you guys, but I wouldn’t want a gym hottie to see me with my ‘bout to bust a hemorrhoid’ face when I squat.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #1090
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
I wouldn’t want a gym hottie to see me with my ‘bout to bust a hemorrhoid’ face when I squat.
Turn around and show her the 'roid directly?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #1091
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Yea fuck those setups. Who thought it would be a good idea to squat/DL face to face with a complete stranger? Also idk about you guys, but I wouldn’t want a gym hottie to see me with my ‘bout to bust a hemorrhoid’ face when I squat.
Theyre pure cancer, it works in a real CF gym because people have etiquette but it's the dumbest shit ever in a 24 full of window lickers
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #1092
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I hate short arm curlers, you know the ones no actual bicep movement they keep the weight at 90 degrees and use shoulder and chest instead. Wanted to punch lady in the face today
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 03:51 PM   #1093
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
That’s what you get for trying to help
I’m mentally struggling to see how a belt gets caught benching...
He wasn't wearing those normal leather lifting belts where it buckles in the front. It was those new bulky velcro nylon belts that looks to be about an 2" thick so when you're standing up you could literally rest a barbell on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
The weight was laying on his chest and he was trying to roll it down his belly and off. If you have a weight belt on then it's in the way. Not sure how benching 135 you think you need a weight belt though
Exactly how it happened. Plus this guy was one of those New Year Resolutioners so he clearly never lifted in his life. There's guys who wear belts all the time...i even see them running on the treadmill with them on
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 02-13-2018 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 04:34 PM   #1094
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post

My current rant is it's too fkin cold to use the brand new SSB in my garage, moving to Texas from CA was great buuut I wasn't ready for the winters lol
Yeah... it's "cold" in Texas.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #1095
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
This thread is funny No wonder some people are intimidated going to a gym to actually get in shape. If you aren't already in amazing shape, know all of the etiquette or make a mistake like wearing the "wrong" headphones, you are in trouble

Wow, the judgement!!!

P.S. I do like the discussion, however... carry on
No kidding. I am glad my gym is less muscle beach, and more about people actually working out. (Says the 54 year old fat guy trying to get in shape.)
      02-14-2018, 06:45 PM   #1096
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
No kidding. I am glad my gym is less muscle beach, and more about people actually working out. (Says the 54 year old fat guy trying to get in shape.)
Most muscular guys were fat... easier to diet down than to bulk up.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2018, 10:04 PM   #1097
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Alright so I cancelled my membership at anytime fitness but here’s a few:

1. Beats headphones
2. Smith machine quarter squats - next level cringe
3. When someone says “don’t your knees hurt?” when I’m deadlifting/squatting and then they go blow their knees out trying to do the full stack on the knee extension machine.
4. Bros benching with snatch grip width - what’s going on here.
5. Partial ROM pull ups, actually just partial ROM everything
6. The phrase “when I played football in high school I benched/squat/deadlifted *insert unrealistic number here*”
7. Pretty much everything involved with a punching bag
8. Old dudes that look about 140lb wet acting like total hard asses.
9. Pretty much everything involved with a smith machine
10. Dudes in the medical profession that feel the need to wear scrubs every single time they are at the gym - we get it, you’re a male nurse.
11. The slutty gym chicks who make their rounds with all the different bro groups.
12. Calisthenics that are way too creative
13. Bosu ball squats
14. Axe body spray
15. Muscle up attempts on curved pull up bars
16. When people try to “climb the stairs” when doing pull ups - you’re not Frank Medrano
17. Drinking excessive amounts of water

Appreciate 1
      02-15-2018, 12:29 AM   #1098
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Most muscular guys were fat... easier to diet down than to bulk up.
No way in hell is dieting down easier than bulking.

Take it from a dude who was heavier as a kid, got super skinny in my late teens, and have since maintained a decent weight.

I HATE cutting. I don't even mind cardio, I enjoy it. It's the diet that blows.

Bulking (like now) is cakkkkkeeee
      02-15-2018, 01:30 AM   #1099
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Most low bf% muscular dudes were skinny growing up. Most high bf% muscular dudes have always been husky/fat and just suck at dieting and cardio.

I’m somewhere in purgatory in between. Can’t get rid of 10-15 lbs on my gut no matter what I try, and I can never stick to an effective diet
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 01:48 AM   #1100
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Most low bf% muscular dudes were skinny growing up. Most high bf% muscular dudes have always been husky/fat and just suck at dieting and cardio.

I’m somewhere in purgatory in between. Can’t get rid of 10-15 lbs on my gut no matter what I try, and I can never stick to an effective diet
Clenbuterol + Ostarine/stenobolic(SARMS) brah.

It's one step away from roids- but your balls don't shrink, and you can still bone like a champ. And it's tablets, so no need to inject. AND once you're around 14-15% bf, helps get you down to 10-12 (or lower depending where you're at) you're going to feel strong as fuck though, and keep loads of oxygen in.

Shaky hands like a mother fucker though (because of the clen)

It's worth researching - I'm considering doing it this summer now that I'm getting older. I'm just scared I'll turn to steroids next.

Then I'll be annoyed at my small balls, back acne and balding head.