BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #23
JoJoGunn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ****

Thumbs up

Heartwarming!!

(But you forgot to mention all the Super-Hot Babes that we have to steer around to get anywhere)...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #24
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer View Post
just because you have a BMW, there's no need to be cocky. i hate people that think just because they're driving a BMW, they think they're soooooo special.

good post.
Yuppers, well said!
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #25
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste92ve View Post
ibtl

+1 !!!
      03-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #26
Joe Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2015 X5 x35i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Enough said.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 10:26 PM   #27
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

he did put fanboys only in the title.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #28
pnkflyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Awaiting 328 xi Montego blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
Well. ive been reading through this forum and ive seen a little bit (ok, alot) of argument for stupid shit.

I think its time to remind the Fanboy community about something.

So i would like to take the time and remind all who proudly own their BMW, and display their love for BMW to take a second. think. We are not Audi owners, nor AMG fanboys. were BMW owners, we are a family. from the upscale to the middle class, its a passion we all share. We see each other on the streets, at meets,and even on the track. to realize that hey, this awesome machine brought us all together as one. just like this forum. we all share one love, and thats BMW's. From a 1993 M3, to the sexy 6 series, we are a team.

We remind the world that this is just not a car, its a bond, an image, and most importanly, its the army of people that you can count on. We DEFINE family. here are a couple examples to remind us all of the goodness and love.

1- so,i was driving from the beach. i see a black Z3 on the side of the road, and the guy walked out of the car agrivated. i pulled over to see what was the problem. his car shut down and wont start. so i try to see if i could help him out. a minute later, another BMW pulled over (silver 2004 325i) to help out. after about 20minutes there were 8 BMW's pulled aside. we fixed the problem, and headed out to TGI Fridays for a get together. the cops even gave us a visit. they followed us from the beach to TGI and asked if we were planning a race (in simple terms). you know what rob said (the guy with the silver 325i), he siad: no sir, just a family reunion. we all smiled and laughed seeing as there were all kinds of ppl. Black, white, indian, hispanic. it was really a wonderful experience. now we meet every 2 weeks, and have expanded to 41 cars. Trinidad is hosting the ICC world cricket cup. BMW is sponsering it, and all BMW owners are invited for a cocktail party in the stadium. join us!

2- (this happened in Long Island, NY). so, im drivng on the LIE(long island expressway) in my dads 5 series. a 3 series started to tail me. we were fucking about, u know, teasing eachother for a race. eventually, its 5 BMW's all weaving in and out of traffic. we pulled over at the garden city hotel. we all met, talked, and had lunch. it was a wonderful experience. we actually talked about this topic.

3- im at Best Buy. im trying to return my Cybershot camera because it wasnt working. the owner just gets in and saw my wallet (A BMW Wallet with a pic of my dads car on it with me and him). he asked if that was my 5 series outside. i said yeah, why? he didnt respond.he took the camera and gave me the replacement,no questions asked. just my name and number for the receipt. after we talked, turns out he has a 5 series also, and loved what my dad did to the car. I was feeling the love that day.

I hoped those moved you.i hope you understand the seriousness and responsibility that comes with owning a BMW. Heres some stories to laugh at.

1- two Audi A4's on the highway. one wants to change lane, but the other wont let him. traffic is at a standstill (so to speak) and we are all going @ 3mph. now im right behind them with my windows open, and i hear this:
Blue A4-WHAT THE FUCK MAN!
White A4- What the fuck man!
Blue- fuck you man!
white- no fuck you and your hoe fucking fruit cake!
Blue- you peice of white trash eat my cock and die!
the blue audi goes in the shoulder lane and the white one follows. i died laughing at those "proud" audi owners. way to show the love huh?

2- AMG. i got nothing. most AMG owners have no real reasoning on why they are better than BMW's. infact they just talk about the benz,and dont bother to compare them. i say thats pretty sad when you look at it as benz and bmw are in a class of its own. there is no need for competition. once your hooked on bmw, thats it. once your hooked on amg, thats it. end of story.

Please,remember the love,and family values that being a BMW fanboy comes with. You werent loved when you were a child? buy a BMW, ull see just how great it feels to know that no matter where you are, there is gonna be someone who has your back. please, keep this in mind the next time ur at a 4 way stop sign and u see another BMW owner across from you. i usually end up fighting about who gets to go, because we always let eachother go. a bmw will always stop for a bmw. much love.

Great words from a wise man .I am happy to own my first BMW soon and be part of this heritage .I need to get some black tickets to see the cricket world cup
Ordered 2/1/07, Reordered 2/22/07, Production started 2/28/07, Production complete 3/7/07 . At port 3/9/07, On board MAERSK TEAL :rocks: 3/12/07, Reaches NY 3/23/07 and thought she will be in my arms on 4/2/07:But finally on 4/4/2007
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #29
assuck
u w0t m8?
United_States
Rep
Drives: LMB 13' M3

aye that was me in the white audi.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2007, 11:41 PM   #30
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
good tale, but I want to hear about how BMW got you girls.

(BMW: Brings me women)

+1
      03-13-2007, 01:02 AM   #31
Mrbojangles
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3- Melbourne RED-

AMG owners r armenians.. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 01:25 AM   #32
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg

Actually, this kinda bond is shared by people who are passionate about their cars and just happen to have the same brand.

I have seen it among many different car brands.

If anything, I absolutely detest Lexus. Especially the IS and ES (which are nothing but overblown corrollas and camrys). Nothing but Tacky wannabes.

p.s: There is no BMW club here in Dubai. In the process of starting one. And hopefully we will be united in our hate of Lexus.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 01:27 AM   #33
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg

About the babes thing: It does work man. Just the other day, had a girl smile at me at a signal. By the time I got through to the 4th signal (we were crawling along) I had her number.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 02:17 AM   #34
lkevinl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i 4dr Sport+Premium+Nav

Haha! What the heck are fanboys?!?!? I picture effeminate men dancing around in ballet slippers and wife beaters fluttering folding Asian fans as they point their toes skyward!!! Come on, people! Not a pretty picture!

I get the gist of this though. You don't see many Lexus owners pulling over to help each other now do you?!?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 02:29 AM   #35
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbojangles View Post
AMG owners r armenians.. lol
WTF man! Im actually Armenian. Why bring nationalities into cars for
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 02:45 AM   #36
BLUE LABEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

boggy - 100k and 30k bonus? thats it bro? you aint in my league and its really sad you had to post that in your sig. Money isnt everything, and if you think 100k a year is something special - get a reality check.

I know you just posted that to get a reaction out of people. Some neglect in your childhood that's just craving attention in your current psyche. So here was your 1 minute of attention from my end. Be happy now.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 03:01 AM   #37
boggysv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A4, but riding the bus for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE LABEL View Post
boggy - 100k and 30k bonus? thats it bro? you aint in my league and its really sad you had to post that in your sig. Money isnt everything, and if you think 100k a year is something special - get a reality check.
it was a response to this
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50731
and this
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50684

I dont need to disclose my income, nor give you a relative reference. That's ghey.
No internet penis war for me, thank you.

Last edited by boggysv; 03-13-2007 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 03:57 AM   #38
ron_jeremy
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 13' F25 X3 20d & 16' i3

Quote:
BMW: Brings me women
+2

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 04:22 AM   #39
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

you serious?? lol
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 04:25 AM   #40
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkevinl View Post
You don't see many Lexus owners pulling over to help each other now do you?!?

Here's a better question: you dont see many Lexus breaking down do you?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 07:51 AM   #41
TonyLukes3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 Z3 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
It's true, I haven't seen too many other groups of people who own cars of the same brand that stick together like they do with BMW's. Most of us share a passion for motorsports, engineering, design & aesthetics that shows through whenever there are meets, shows, drives, etc. I'm so happy I had the priviledge of owning a BMW since 2000, and proud to say I haven't driven anything but a BMW since
VW owners seem to share the same enthusiasm, as do some Audi owners. I think it boils down to the car itself. BMW's are designed with performance in mind, therefore they attract people like us who are dedicated to performance and appreciate both the car and others who share our interests. Lexus, on the other hand, have typically been designed for luxury and reliability.
I'd like to see a comparison of people who watch F1 that drive BMW's vs. Lexus. Not bashing other manufacturers, just supporting my theory
      03-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #42
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN88GT View Post
while I understand what you mean about some bmw owners being proud of their brand and willing to help others out and have fun.....I own an Audi I think it's just funny how you used your experience with two audi's to stereotype audi owners.... it's silly... I totally understand what you mean but I guess you just didnt have an experience of a honda owner in a beat up crx helping you out..... it's not about the car....it's about the person inside... DONT EVER forget that.... I think it's just a silly post because they are all severely biased.... on any given day there is a post post like this...

- by an audi owner on audi forums
- by a subaru owner on subaru forums
- by a toyota owner on toyota forums

you get the point...... help a person out because he's flesh and blood...not because he owns a Z4
+1,000,000,000,000 (i can go on and on and on).
      03-13-2007, 08:59 AM   #43
adamr
Major
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 RS

Garage List
when i had my E46 M3 , this guy with a CSL drives past me and revs the car, so i follow him onto the highway on ramp and chase ... the CSL of course slowly starts to pull away from me and after the short litte race we next to each other give a thumbs up a smile and a hoot and we part our ways ... my GF was in the car with me and she asked "do you know that guy?" ... i said: "no" ... she then replied "do you guys have some sort of secret BMW society?" ... well i guess so ... perks of having a bee-em ...

A bit off topic : Was driving my sisters bug convertible and theres these three guys that were fighting and swearing each other on the side of the road ... as i drove past the one nudged the other to check the bug out ... and they were all smiles and happy again ... found that really amazing ...

2007 Porsche 997 GT3 RS
|PCM with NAV and GSM|Roll Cage|PCCB|Xenons|Sports Chrono Plus|PASM|Leather Pack|Silver Seat-belts|
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #44
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
Well. ive been reading through this forum and ive seen a little bit (ok, alot) of argument for stupid shit.

I think its time to remind the Fanboy community about something.

So i would like to take the time and remind all who proudly own their BMW, and display their love for BMW to take a second. think. We are not Audi owners, nor AMG fanboys. were BMW owners, we are a family. from the upscale to the middle class, its a passion we all share. We see each other on the streets, at meets,and even on the track. to realize that hey, this awesome machine brought us all together as one. just like this forum. we all share one love, and thats BMW's. From a 1993 M3, to the sexy 6 series, we are a team.

We remind the world that this is just not a car, its a bond, an image, and most importanly, its the army of people that you can count on. We DEFINE family. here are a couple examples to remind us all of the goodness and love.

1- so,i was driving from the beach. i see a black Z3 on the side of the road, and the guy walked out of the car agrivated. i pulled over to see what was the problem. his car shut down and wont start. so i try to see if i could help him out. a minute later, another BMW pulled over (silver 2004 325i) to help out. after about 20minutes there were 8 BMW's pulled aside. we fixed the problem, and headed out to TGI Fridays for a get together. the cops even gave us a visit. they followed us from the beach to TGI and asked if we were planning a race (in simple terms). you know what rob said (the guy with the silver 325i), he siad: no sir, just a family reunion. we all smiled and laughed seeing as there were all kinds of ppl. Black, white, indian, hispanic. it was really a wonderful experience. now we meet every 2 weeks, and have expanded to 41 cars. Trinidad is hosting the ICC world cricket cup. BMW is sponsering it, and all BMW owners are invited for a cocktail party in the stadium. join us!

2- (this happened in Long Island, NY). so, im drivng on the LIE(long island expressway) in my dads 5 series. a 3 series started to tail me. we were fucking about, u know, teasing eachother for a race. eventually, its 5 BMW's all weaving in and out of traffic. we pulled over at the garden city hotel. we all met, talked, and had lunch. it was a wonderful experience. we actually talked about this topic.

3- im at Best Buy. im trying to return my Cybershot camera because it wasnt working. the owner just gets in and saw my wallet (A BMW Wallet with a pic of my dads car on it with me and him). he asked if that was my 5 series outside. i said yeah, why? he didnt respond.he took the camera and gave me the replacement,no questions asked. just my name and number for the receipt. after we talked, turns out he has a 5 series also, and loved what my dad did to the car. I was feeling the love that day.

I hoped those moved you.i hope you understand the seriousness and responsibility that comes with owning a BMW. Heres some stories to laugh at.

1- two Audi A4's on the highway. one wants to change lane, but the other wont let him. traffic is at a standstill (so to speak) and we are all going @ 3mph. now im right behind them with my windows open, and i hear this:
Blue A4-WHAT THE FUCK MAN!
White A4- What the fuck man!
Blue- fuck you man!
white- no fuck you and your hoe fucking fruit cake!
Blue- you peice of white trash eat my cock and die!
the blue audi goes in the shoulder lane and the white one follows. i died laughing at those "proud" audi owners. way to show the love huh?

2- AMG. i got nothing. most AMG owners have no real reasoning on why they are better than BMW's. infact they just talk about the benz,and dont bother to compare them. i say thats pretty sad when you look at it as benz and bmw are in a class of its own. there is no need for competition. once your hooked on bmw, thats it. once your hooked on amg, thats it. end of story.

Please,remember the love,and family values that being a BMW fanboy comes with. You werent loved when you were a child? buy a BMW, ull see just how great it feels to know that no matter where you are, there is gonna be someone who has your back. please, keep this in mind the next time ur at a 4 way stop sign and u see another BMW owner across from you. i usually end up fighting about who gets to go, because we always let eachother go. a bmw will always stop for a bmw. much love.
Quit being an ass...there are jerks driving every make of car..you want me to go on for 10 pages about how I have helped or been helped by other audi owners...give this crap a rest. I am a car enthusiast..I have owned 8 Audis in the past 10 years...in my life time I have owned three BMWs..and I am about to get my next BMW in a couple of days...a nice alpine white 335i sedan. I don't have to diss other car owners to make myself feel better..seems like you need to open your car window to fit your infated ego. I frankly am sick and tired of these kind of stories where Audi/Mercedes(insert car manufacturer name here) are bad mouthed. You want me to start telling stories of the jerk BMW owners I have encountered on the track, city streets, or freeway...I could go on for pages.

Enjoy your 5-series..but quit dissin Audi owners..and other car owners. It just makes you sound like a jerk.
Appreciate 0