Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-23-2021, 02:41 PM   #23
frchdragon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

I was in bimmerforum and multiple E34 and 5 series forums.
When I googled some info on my F30, it was mainly bimmerpost so I joined.
BMW forum communities are usually mature people ready to help.

This forum has very good conversations on all aspects of cars and life, it is refreshing.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4467.00
      06-23-2021, 02:58 PM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I need to find that post. The photo of the imprint of the roundel in my shoulder was painful and hilarious. Kinda. I could have died. It's a shame the roundel bruising eventually went away. As much as I try to be on top of my game, I'm just a transparent idiot that likes to laugh at myself just as much as I laugh at everyone else. I just figure the rest of the world would relish in my reckless, idiotic behavior as well.
Please post it again. I'd love to see your introduction.
I just tried to locate. It doesn't show under my posts.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #25
essejM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Had an E36 and was on Bimmerforums for years. Got the track bug gutted it and raced for a bit. Had kids and no time for racing. Kept the tow vehicle and even replaced it with a nicer one even though I didn't tow any longer. Told the wife it was too nice and I treated it like a car, and said I should replace it w/a car.

Boom F80! BF doesn't have much in the way of F80 conversations, thus google sent me here.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #26
Frostynorth
Weirdo
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Looking to buy a car, and DIY threads to learn.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 04:11 PM   #27
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well something close to your original post introducing yourself was how your own car ran you over and with a post like that you were bound to get my attention lol.
Quote:
I need to find that post. The photo of the imprint of the roundel in my shoulder was painful and hilarious. Kinda. I could have died. It's a shame the roundel bruising eventually went away. As much as I try to be on top of my game, I'm just a transparent idiot that likes to laugh at myself just as much as I laugh at everyone else. I just figure the rest of the world would relish in my reckless, idiotic behavior as well.
da fuq? Just Monday night, the E90 returns home on a flatbed (we gave it to my oldest son) Son hadn't arrived yet with the key, so tow driver and I are on the deck, door open, trying to remember where the release for the gear shift is. THEN HE FOUND IT!!! and the E90 moved about 2 feet, but I was STILL spry enough to get out of the way of the door with no contact.

We have an officer here who was standing behind an vehicle they were impounding, when the cable slipped off and crushed her hips. I saw her Tuesday morning, and (unfortunately) brought back some bad memories she seemed to have blocked out
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #28
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Been here since the OG days when E90post first started out. Many people have left since then and some are still around.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 04:21 PM   #29
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
da fuq? Just Monday night, the E90 returns home on a flatbed (we gave it to my oldest son) Son hadn't arrived yet with the key, so tow driver and I are on the deck, door open, trying to remember where the release for the gear shift is. THEN HE FOUND IT!!! and the E90 moved about 2 feet, but I was STILL spry enough to get out of the way of the door with no contact.

We have an officer here who was standing behind an vehicle they were impounding, when the cable slipped off and crushed her hips. I saw her Tuesday morning, and (unfortunately) brought back some bad memories she seemed to have blocked out
Not sure if you remember the post, but I arrived home from work. Nice day, top was down. I parked in the driveway rather than the garage. Forgot to apply the parking brake and always left the 6MT in N. Got out of the car, walked to the mailbox and BOOM! The E93 rolled backwards down my driveway, hit me in the leg, muscle memory from my BJJ days kicked in and I turned my hips, rolled with the pressure of whatever the hell just hit me and BAM! Roundel from the trunk lid drilled me in the back side of my shoulder, rear delt area. A perfect roundel size bruise showed up instantly. Even had the quarter section lines in it. I managed to not actually get run over by my own car and barely stopped it before it rolled into the ditch opposite my driveway. For the next week, I felt like I had been in a wreck. Didn't realize how lucky I was until I started telling people about what a dumb ass I was and how it happened. It was then that I realized how many people die from this very thing. Very fortunate and lucky all the way around. Pretty odd to say considering the entire thing stemmed from my own negligence. The post and picture are on here somewhere.
Appreciate 4
Buug95916842.50
cmyx6go15581.00
M5Rick58903.50
      06-23-2021, 04:25 PM   #30
E92 M Sport
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82

Was considering buying the E92 with N54 engine and found a lot of good info, the pros and cons of the n54. Bought it, but had more cons and thankfully it was covered under cpo warranty. But anyway this site and members were very helpful!
      06-23-2021, 04:26 PM   #31
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Not sure if you remember the post, but I arrived home from work. Nice day, top was down. I parked in the driveway rather than the garage. Forgot to apply the parking brake and always left the 6MT in N. Got out of the car, walked to the mailbox and BOOM! The E93 rolled backwards down my driveway, hit me in the leg, muscle memory from my BJJ days kicked in and I turned my hips, rolled with the pressure of whatever the hell just hit me and BAM! Roundel from the trunk lid drilled me in the back side of my shoulder, rear delt area. A perfect roundel size bruise showed up instantly. Even had the quarter section lines in it. I managed to not actually get run over by my own car and barely stopped it before it rolled into the ditch opposite my driveway. For the next week, I felt like I had been in a wreck. Didn't realize how lucky I was until I started telling people about what a dumb ass I was and how it happened. It was then that I realized how many people die from this very thing. Very fortunate and lucky all the way around. Pretty odd to say considering the entire thing stemmed from my own negligence. The post and picture are on here somewhere.
And we gave you shit about stealing the story from Chekov, right?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-23-2021, 04:27 PM   #32
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

A lot of evil geniuses on this forum. I like that.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-23-2021, 04:30 PM   #33
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
And we gave you shit about stealing the story from Chekov, right?
Jack off who?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 05:10 PM   #34
Frostynorth
Weirdo
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Real lucky, do you park in gear now?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-23-2021, 05:24 PM   #35
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

For the "Confess Here" thread, it's cheaper than therapy and the office was closed during the pandemic. But seriously, I was a regular over at E46Fanatics then I bought the E92 so I hangout here now for the car talk.
      06-23-2021, 05:37 PM   #36
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

My automotive lineage has always been VAG. But got tired of looking at the same sheet metal and cockpit, and there are only two other options that have always interested me: Daimler or BMW. The Germans make superior everything, lol. The M340i was getting stellar reviews so I took the plunge. Figured i join to find out what I was getting into. Came across this group in a DDG search for "BMW Forums". And here i am.
Appreciate 3
TiMSport12786.50
Buug95916842.50
Dang3r12503.00
      06-23-2021, 07:23 PM   #37
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

I was bored because of Covid lock-downs and decided to buy a car to play with. I wasn't sure what car I wanted but I'd watched a few YouTube videos on an E92 335i and wanted to find out more about them. I found E90Post and dove in. It wasn't long before I joined and started looking for a 335i. I wasn't stuck on any particular model and after a couple of weeks I found a good looking E90 with some "issues" at a price I was comfortable with. It was over 2k kms away so I sent the money and had it shipped to me. Since then I've received lots of technical info from the general forum and even more entertainment from the OT thread.
There are a lot of great and varied personalities here and I understand why some have been here for so long. I hope the one day I'll be considered one of the regulars.
cmyx6go15581.00
      06-23-2021, 07:27 PM   #38
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well something close to your original post introducing yourself was how your own car ran you over and with a post like that you were bound to get my attention lol.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Please post it again. I'd love to see your introduction.
Quote:
I just tried to locate. It doesn't show under my posts.

The Great. The Inimitable. The Amazing. The Joekerr...

....eventually found it. It is one of the perks of being OG, you know where all the good bones are buried and how to find them. Most of them. There is a bone that has eluded me extremely well...I know it was posted, but it must have been deleted or my searches would have uncovered it by now. It was most definitely worth a repost if I ever find it.

Back to the topic at hand though, and without further ado - post #1147
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...r#post22843573

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
My automotive lineage has always been VAG. But got tired of looking at the same sheet metal and cockpit, and there are only two other options that have always interested me: Daimler or BMW. The Germans make superior everything, lol. The M340i was getting stellar reviews so I took the plunge. Figured i join to find out what I was getting into. Came across this group in a DDG search for "BMW Forums". And here i am.
Hey, you like VAG too? Its ok, no need to feel ashamed, as a proud straight male, I like VAG too. I'm enjoying the ride.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15581.00
King Rudi13152.00
      06-23-2021, 07:35 PM   #39
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

My 2007 BMW 335i which had its turbos, waterpump, oil filter housing, boost solenoids, high pressure fuel pump, coils, injectors and spark plugs replaced before if completely shit the bed.
      06-23-2021, 07:41 PM   #40
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
I had one VAG in my life...

Audi S3... good car, very competent... also very boring.
      06-23-2021, 07:46 PM   #41
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
My 2007 BMW 335i which had its turbos, waterpump, oil filter housing, boost solenoids, high pressure fuel pump, coils, injectors and spark plugs replaced before if completely shit the bed.
Good times!
Appreciate 1
ASAP10054.00
      06-23-2021, 08:21 PM   #42
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

My car broke and I googled the symptoms
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 12:19 AM   #43
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Always been a fan of car forums and not “standard”
Social media I.e MySpace or Facebook. Around 2004 I signed up for Stangnet with the same username and enjoyed years on there. Some of my greatest friendships to this day began on that site.

Nostalgia aside, I’ve (mostly) moved on from Mustangs and do BMW now. Naturally, I needed a new home. Didn’t forum much after signing up to buy something initially until I also got bored during the plandemic and found my unique to me Java green f82 for sale. Discovered it was owned by the white fed in breaking bad series and it was a no brainer
Appreciate 3
TiMSport12786.50
Buug95916842.50
King Rudi13152.00
      06-24-2021, 01:06 AM   #44
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

My first bimmer (435i) was an US import to Germany and I had to research some codings, options and other stuff. Later on some modifications had appeared and I like the interaction with other petrolheads discussing and help each other to make our cars unique looking.
Meanwhile I use it also to improve and learn your slangs, acronyms and some new words and yes, some of ya lot here are very cool, friendly and interesting.
Keep the vibes up!

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 3
TiMSport12786.50
M5Rick58903.50
Buug95916842.50