Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

10-04-2019, 06:00 AM   #1255
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Exactly! Workouts are intense...speaking of intense had a late night leg workout since I had to pull a 12 hr shift cause my coworker said his "vagina hurts" lol! Anywho gym was dead except me and 3 other dudes

BTW your arms look like two veiny penis's lol! I guess the veins is all genetics cause I don't get that except on the penis. Are you taking anything for vascularity?
LOL.....I was going to say I don't take anything as I'm sensitive to stimulants. So most pre-workout supplements are out for me. A lot is genetics, but I also end each workout with just 1 exercise for the muscle I just trained and try to get as much blood into the muscle as possible. I'm talking like 30+ reps. I feel that the more blood you can get into the muscle, the better you enhance recovery..plus the pump helps with fascia stretching which is the "sheath" that surrounds every muscle.

But I do take a supplement for health purposes that probably really helps with vascularity as it is a potent vasodilator.

I take Super-Beets Beet Root Powder. Beets are supposed to be a very helpful supplement for the circulatory system and converts into Nitric Oxide which is basically the same thing that is found in a lot of pump supplements.. But I can't eat them as I find them ungodly nasty tasting.

The powder isn't much better as 1Tbsp can ruin 12oz's of any liquid. But I have found that I can take and "Toss and Wash" 1 Tbsp. I just drop the scoop contents in my mouth and immediately follow it with grapefruit juice. It makes it bearable.

I do this every morning before the gym. And the grapefruit juice helps as it's a potentiator and extends the "half-life" of pretty much anything you take orally.
      10-04-2019, 06:02 AM   #1256
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
LOL.....I was going to say I don't take anything as I'm sensitive to stimulants. So most pre-workout supplements are out for me. A lot is genetics, but I also end each workout with just 1 exercise for the muscle I just trained and try to get as much blood into the muscle as possible. I'm talking like 30+ reps. I feel that the more blood you can get into the muscle, the better you enhance recovery..plus the pump helps with fascia stretching which is the "sheath" that surrounds every muscle.

But I do take a supplement for health purposes that probably really helps with vascularity as it is a potent vasodilator.

I take Super-Beets Beet Root Powder. Beets are supposed to be a very helpful supplement for the circulatory system and converts into Nitric Oxide which is basically the same thing that is found in a lot of pump supplements.. But I can't eat them as I find them ungodly nasty tasting.

The powder isn't much better as 1Tbsp can ruin 12oz's of any liquid. But I have found that I can take and "Toss and Wash" 1 Tbsp. I just drop the scoop contents in my mouth and immediately follow it with grapefruit juice. It makes it bearable.

I do this every morning before the gym. And the grapefruit juice helps as it's a potentiator and extends the "half-life" of pretty much anything you take orally.
Nice! Where can I pick up this beet powder or do they have it in pill form?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-04-2019, 07:54 AM   #1257
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice! Where can I pick up this beet powder or do they have it in pill form?
You can get it in pill form, it just costs more to get 5 grams in vs. 1 scoop of powder.

I actually pick mine up in the grocery store where they have the small section of protein powders and workout supplements. It usually comes in a small tub with about 45 servings in it.

But any plain Beet Root Powder will work. A1 supplements usually has all kinds of sales going on, and I will get it from there as well if I am already placing an order for something.
      10-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #1258
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can get it in pill form, it just costs more to get 5 grams in vs. 1 scoop of powder.

I actually pick mine up in the grocery store where they have the small section of protein powders and workout supplements. It usually comes in a small tub with about 45 servings in it.

But any plain Beet Root Powder will work. A1 supplements usually has all kinds of sales going on, and I will get it from there as well if I am already placing an order for something.
cool. i'll have to check out my local Kroger or Meijer. do you normally take it first thing in the morning along with all the other vitamins and minerals or do you take it before going to the gym? actually you go super early so about what time is ideal?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #1259
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
cool. i'll have to check out my local Kroger or Meijer. do you normally take it first thing in the morning along with all the other vitamins and minerals or do you take it before going to the gym? actually you go super early so about what time is ideal?
I take it about right before I leave to hit the gym. You can feel it working within 30 minutes or so of taking it!
      10-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #1260
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I take it about right before I leave to hit the gym. You can feel it working within 30 minutes or so of taking it!
Sweet! i'll have to incorporate that with my supplements. thanks for all the info
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #1261
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sweet! i'll have to incorporate that with my supplements. thanks for all the info
Let me know how it works for you.

Aside from all that...the veins are what my wife actually doesn't like. When I get really lean I have veins everywhere. And when we go to the beach, just getting in the sun for 10 minutes or so seems to amplify them.

Now I will admit one time I got really low in bodyfat..and I had veins like that crossing my abs...and it did not look good at all. A few days of higher sodium foods solved that issue though by smoothing things out just enough for them not to show.

Also I have a friend who does competitions, and he swears that once his water manipulation is done, a glass of wine makes him look like a roadmap!
      10-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #1262
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let me know how it works for you.

Aside from all that...the veins are what my wife actually doesn't like. When I get really lean I have veins everywhere. And when we go to the beach, just getting in the sun for 10 minutes or so seems to amplify them.

Now I will admit one time I got really low in bodyfat..and I had veins like that crossing my abs...and it did not look good at all. A few days of higher sodium foods solved that issue though by smoothing things out just enough for them not to show.

Also I have a friend who does competitions, and he swears that once his water manipulation is done, a glass of wine makes him look like a roadmap!
I've got a buddy who will have a slurpee right before stage and he said his veins just expand. also I heard guys taking pixies also
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 01:47 PM   #1263
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I can bench 100 lbs for 10 reps so my max probably 1000lbs right?
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2019, 03:10 PM   #1264
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I can bench 100 lbs for 10 reps so my max probably 1000lbs right?
Thought you would appreciate this as you've been there.
Attached Images

10-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #1265
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yeah I need to get after calories again but have pretty much stuck it at 220 now need go move to 230. I've only been tracking protein at 250ish a day. My calories are probably about 3500 a day. Strength going up gradually. Working mostly on hack squat, back squat and incline bench right now.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 10-04-2019 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #1266
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I need to get after calories again but have pretty much stuck it at 220 now need go move to 230. I've only been tracking protein at 250ish a day. My calories are probably about 3500 a day. Strength going up gradually. Working mostly on hack squat, back squat and incline bench right now.
Thats been one of my higher days as I'm usually flirting in the 3800-3900 range.

Also my total fiber is higher than what is listed that day. I don't track supplemental fiber....but usually have 10-15 grams of Yerba Prima right before bed.

It has a bland taste, so I mix it thick and it's kind of like oatmeal.
      10-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #1267
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Thought you would appreciate this as you've been there.
Jesus!

I'm at 1350 to 1450/day for a while longer. I bulked in August & September and went overboard with the eating and gained 6 pounds. I'm finally back to the same size I was in August. I still want to drop about 5-8% more body fat before I start to bulk again and I'll only add about 200 cal/day when I do. I'm enjoying the transformation but the being patient part is killing me. I'm crazy skinny fat at the moment. Last November I was 211 at 26% body fat, now I'm 147 at 18%. Once I get to 10-13%, I'll get serious about making some gains. I added some muscle back in September but hated the added fat that came with it. In addition to strictly watching my caloric intake, I've started paying way closer attention to my macros. I feel like this is how I've dropped that added weight so quickly as I'm not doing half the cardio I was in the beginning. The goal is more of a basketball player physique. I wanna be lean and cut somewhere around 160-165.

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-04-2019 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-04-2019, 06:54 PM   #1268
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Jesus!

I'm at 1350 to 1450/day for a while longer. I bulked in August & September and went overboard with the eating and gained 6 pounds. I'm finally back to the same size I was in August. I still want to drop about 5-8% more body fat before I start to bulk again and I'll only add about 200 cal/day when I do. I'm enjoying the transformation but the being patient part is killing me. I'm crazy skinny fat at the moment. Last November I was 211 at 26% body fat, now I'm 147 at 18%. Once I get to 10-13%, I'll get serious about making some gains. I added some muscle back in September but hated the added fat that came with it. In addition to strictly watching my caloric intake, I've started paying way closer attention to my macros. I feel like this is how I've dropped that added weight so quickly as I'm not doing half the cardio I was in the beginning. The goal is more of a basketball player physique. I wanna be lean and cut somewhere around 160-165.

I think you are doing everything correctly. Now this is just my opinion, but most people shouldn't even think about bulking until they get 15% and below....and have held it for awhile.

Once below 15%, your body partitions calories more efficiently. You tend to store any excess as muscle vs. fat. When really lean, almost all surplus calories go towards muscle if your training hard enough to stimulate growth.

Since vacation, I've gained roughly 16lbs and slightly over 1/2" on my arms. And my waist has stayed pretty much the same.

When you have time, look into reverse dieting. With your calories being where they are at, once you are ready to increase them I think you would like that principle.

I have a pretty fast metabolism, but it didn't happen quickly. It took years of getting to a certain intake and weight....holding it so it becomes the body's new setpoint....then adding more and doing it again.

Good things come to those who are patient. You are laying a foundation that won't just fade away if you have to stop training for a little while such as limited time, injury (hopefully none), etc.

It's much easier to regain muscle you already had then it is to build in the first place. Just to put things in perspective, I use to weigh close to 225lbs with my and still slightly visable.

Now that was 10 years ago, but my body remembers. I probably won't get to that level again, but I think being a fairly lean 200lbs at my height is good enough for my age!
      10-04-2019, 06:57 PM   #1269
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Plus.....you started at one extreme and pulled yourself out of it. That's a feat that is few and far between.

You've done what 95% of the population couldn't, so I know you have no issues with dedication and being patient.
      10-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #1270
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Shit I have never been below 15%, I'm screwed
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 03:57 AM   #1271
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Shit I have never been below 15%, I'm screwed
Maybe 15% is stretching it as everybody carries bf differently.

My abs show pretty good around 12%, but my friend has to get down to 10% or lower for his to show.

Let me rephrase what I said above. I don't think anyone should think about bulking unless they are decently lean.....OR have been on a diet already for awhile as you get that "rebound" effect.

But if you are at a point to where you can gauge progress in a mirror, then by all means to for it.

Now I'm going to fund something to eat....I'm starving!
      10-05-2019, 08:27 AM   #1272
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I have legs today, again, knees are sore may need to push it to tomorrow gonna sit in tub for while with some Epsom salts first see how I feel.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #1273
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have legs today, again, knees are sore may need to push it to tomorrow gonna sit in tub for while with some Epsom salts first see how I feel.
If still sore....I would definitely push out one more day. This morning was shoulders and arms for me. It's my deload week....so low weight and high reps just moving blood around.

Next week all my 1RM's are recalculated and the heavy stuff starts back up!
      10-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #1274
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Went ahead and had decent workout. Slightly sore muscles are fine in my opinion just not joints or tendons. Hard for me not to have that going on also. Did 3x10 at 275 on squat.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 06:06 PM   #1275
Randy Johnson
BM3
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Best workout gloves are grippad workout grips on Amazon.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 06:09 PM   #1276
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Only women sizes though right
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00