BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-22-2019, 07:32 AM   #89
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
The Chaddening's Avatar
6136
Rep
3,532
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
If I remember correctly from last night's podcast, Craig Mazen visited the building in the actual town called Chernobyl which he said was farther away from the power plant than Pripyat. I think he said it was sort of chilling to be in the room where those two were tried for their roles in the nuclear disaster.
Listened to the full podcast of episode 3 yesterday, great information.

They pretty much said they neutered the actual side effects of radiation for the firefighters because it would have felt "redundant" or that they were "picking on them". Incredible to think we saw a more mild version

The description of the firefighters from their wives POV was that they died with charcoal black skin.

Also, I am amazed by the character of the Russian people. These miners that willingly gave their lives (about 1/4 died shortly after), the "divers" who opened the tanks. True heroes that no one ever knew of.

The depravity of the Soviets knows no end. Their willingness to sacrifice their own people in order to save face....
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

Reject modernity. Embrace tradition.
Appreciate 2
      05-22-2019, 09:40 AM   #90
Ivan Ivanov
First Lieutenant
Ivan Ivanov's Avatar
Russian Federation
1490
Rep
395
Posts

Drives: X1, X3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: RUSSIA

iTrader: (0)

naked miners - is certainly cool!

I do not know if there is a translation of this episode into English, but you can see real footage of the chronicles about these miners.


Once again, I sincerely thank HBO for the authenticity of the situation.

Last edited by Ivan Ivanov; 05-22-2019 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 5
      05-23-2019, 07:44 AM   #91
zx10guy
Colonel
2061
Rep
2,281
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc3010.00

      05-23-2019, 11:37 PM   #92
spetsnazos
Captain
772
Rep
918
Posts

Drives: M2C
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
I watched the first episode, it was ok, not great. It's weird how they all have British accents.
As someone that speaks Russian, its better they do this or just speak regular english. I could barely stand watching K-19 when they spoke ENGLISH but with a Russian accent....just plain stupid.

I'm happy with this, or if they spoke Russian with subtitles(which wouldn't compel the American audience that well).
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2019, 12:56 AM   #93
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8175
Rep
7,559
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

I know they warned at the beginning that there was nudity butt I certainly didn't expect full Monty !!
Appreciate 2
      05-27-2019, 11:52 PM   #94
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5901
Rep
9,131
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Watching the first episode. Acting is mediocre, and the English accents are dreadful. Why not Russian accents? Makes no sense.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 01:51 AM   #95
zx10guy
Colonel
2061
Rep
2,281
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 01:54 AM   #96
zx10guy
Colonel
2061
Rep
2,281
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Watching the first episode. Acting is mediocre, and the English accents are dreadful. Why not Russian accents? Makes no sense.
In the podcasts I've posted, Craig Mazen mentioned in one of them that he didn't want the actors to be focused on faking Russian accents. He wanted them to focus only on doing their roles. I personally think this was a good decision.

You should listen to the podcasts as I think it adds additional pieces to the mini series which I find invaluable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 2
P1et5900.50

      05-28-2019, 06:11 AM   #97
N54Yankee
Major
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
1687
Rep
1,300
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Last nights episode was good but a little slower moving then the earlier ones. Learned some interesting things I never heard before.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 07:16 AM   #98
MADBMWX3
Second Lieutenant
MADBMWX3's Avatar
United_States
97
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
In the podcasts I've posted, Craig Mazen mentioned in one of them that he didn't want the actors to be focused on faking Russian accents. He wanted them to focus only on doing their roles. I personally think this was a good decision.

You should listen to the podcasts as I think it adds additional pieces to the mini series which I find invaluable.

I agree. The story line is the important thing here. In my opinion.
__________________
2019 BMW X3 M40i Black Metallic Sapphire
Before 2013 BMW X1 and 2005 BMW X3
2017 Ford Expedition King Ranch
2006 Ford Mustang GT Convertible (show car)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 07:19 AM   #99
M3mt
New Member
2
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Danmark

iTrader: (0)

Me too, everyone at work is talking about it! Hope its as good as people are saying, need something new after Got ended.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #100
Ezbim
New Member
2
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Denmark

iTrader: (0)



Also good if you haven`t seen it yet. Explaining what happened can be good to watch before you see the serie.
__________________
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee1687.00
P1et5900.50

      05-28-2019, 08:11 AM   #101
1SlowF90
New Member
1
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition F90
Join Date: May 2019
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

iTrader: (0)

great show
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2019, 09:51 PM   #102
spetsnazos
Captain
772
Rep
918
Posts

Drives: M2C
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Watching the first episode. Acting is mediocre, and the English accents are dreadful. Why not Russian accents? Makes no sense.
Russian accents would of been very insulting to the Russian community, we are tired of K-9 BS. Stop faking accents...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:54 PM   #103
spetsnazos
Captain
772
Rep
918
Posts

Drives: M2C
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

What was up with that dog and animal cruelty episode? Yet another way to try and dehumanize the poor guys that fought hard to save the situation and ultimately the region.

Lol at that fake character(the girl) that is pretending to be the only person that wants to share how the whole event occurred. I still find it appalling that they are considering this is a cover up, the whole world knew in 2 days...this isn't Nixon or Vietnam, which were legit coverup lies...

Plain disgusting of an episode. They should ban this show and label it as pure propaganda. Sky...duh
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 10:08 PM   #104
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8234
Rep
10,524
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
What was up with that dog and animal cruelty episode? Yet another way to try and dehumanize the poor guys that fought hard to save the situation and ultimately the region.

Lol at that fake character(the girl) that is pretending to be the only person that wants to share how the whole event occurred. I still find it appalling that they are considering this is a cover up, the whole world knew in 2 days...this isn't Nixon or Vietnam, which were legit coverup lies...

Plain disgusting of an episode. They should ban this show and label it as pure propaganda. Sky...duh
The animals were radioactive, I wouldnt take such offense.
Producers explained that the female character is actually about 100 rolled into one, for the purpose of being able to convey the story in a manner that Doesn't become confusing.
__________________
taking it to 7000.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2019, 11:27 PM   #105
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
1012
Rep
1,212
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi RS3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
The animals were radioactive, I wouldnt take such offense.
Producers explained that the female character is actually about 100 rolled into one, for the purpose of being able to convey the story in a manner that Doesn't become confusing.
Don't bother feeding the troll.

Craig Mazin is completely open about fact and fiction and gives his sources for everything, including where he softened the dramatic blow.
Appreciate 5
      05-29-2019, 12:00 AM   #106
spetsnazos
Captain
772
Rep
918
Posts

Drives: M2C
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
The animals were radioactive, I wouldnt take such offense.
Producers explained that the female character is actually about 100 rolled into one, for the purpose of being able to convey the story in a manner that Doesn't become confusing.
Dude I get it but they literally had half the episode with the dude walking around and shooting dogs. Stronnnnggggg cringe. I can put up with a lot but 30 mins of killing dogs? Are these guys just insane or are they savages?

Constantly showing little kids and pregnant women...now dogs. Pure filth of a show.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 12:01 AM   #107
spetsnazos
Captain
772
Rep
918
Posts

Drives: M2C
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Don't bother feeding the troll.

Craig Mazin is completely open about fact and fiction and gives his sources for everything, including where he softened the dramatic blow.
Hey I'm not stopping you from watching Cold War propaganda turned up to 10. I'm just here to put a bit of common sense down on the table.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 01:23 AM   #108
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5901
Rep
9,131
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
Russian accents would of been very insulting to the Russian community, we are tired of K-9 BS. Stop faking accents...
Russian accents would be better than silly British accents. Or how about just plain Russian with subtitles?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 02:28 AM   #109
spetsnazos
Captain
772
Rep
918
Posts

Drives: M2C
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Russian accents would be better than silly British accents. Or how about just plain Russian with subtitles?
Russian with subtitles would of been perfect, or just regular American English.

That said, the actors look very Russian.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 04:55 AM   #110
The0pportunist
Major
The0pportunist's Avatar
United Kingdom
340
Rep
1,146
Posts

Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Superb show.

Have governments found a solution for long term storage of spent fuel? They should never have signed off nuclear power stations without it.

I foresee more disasters like Chernobyl & Fukushima in the future - probably from poorly stored spent fuel - which in many cases are stored next to highly populated cities.
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST