Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post i8 vs M4 on the track by Autocar

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW M4 vs i8 on the track by Autocar
COMMENTS

You've seen the launch comparison, now watch as Steve Sutcliffe of Autocar takes the M4 versus the i8 around the track.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 09:40 AM   #2
mu2002cs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8

Interesting test. Surprised that they used an i8 with the "skinny" stock wheels.

Was also surprised by the comment about running out of battery power. My experience on the track, in sport mode, I'm pretty much can keep a level charge throughout a 20 minute run. Now, I must offer a disclaimer. My i8 only had 400 miles on it when I took it on the track, so I didn't push it to the limits. I now have 1200 miles on the i8 and have had its first oil change. Looking forward to a full on track day to really test its limits.

Will keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 10:03 AM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

very interesting test. This is the 3rd or 4th video I have seen I believe where they are comparing the two cars. Never thought of the two as being something to compare. Cool vid none the less

also found it interesting that he said the weight was a factor on the M4 and that it was to heavy for a M badge? What is he comparing it to that is lighter with a M badge? Am I missing something there? Is he talking about the weight of the car or the steering (I would imagine steering correct)?

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #4
LowOnCash
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW I8 - I3 - I4

There is a consideration that while in Sport mode if the battery is not up to 75% the turbo engine is taxed by the draw of the generator attempting to charge the battery. Objectively to do a good test the battery should come off a wall charger 110 v and be up over the 75% so the generator is at idle.
Appreciate 0