BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

02-17-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Drunk Driving and Illegal? No Problem. Thanks, Obama!

Borders wide open? Check.

Border Patrol hamstrung? Check.

Catch-and-release? Check.

Cut loose drunk-driving illegal alien uncle Onyango Obama, without deportation? Check.

Invitation in Central American newspapers to send their kids to America? Check.

Release illegal criminals from jail, into the US? Check.

Executive Order on Immigration? Check.

Bypass Congress on Immigration? Check.

Give illegals a check for $1,000 per child from the IRS, for kids not even living in the US? (Maybe not even kids that exist, as there is no verification) Check.

Let's go ahead and release illegals in the US when they are caught driving drunk:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...drivers-draws/

Thousands of US citizens are victims of crimes by illegals - now our law enforcement is being instructed to release illegal immigrant drunk drivers on the US population. It's a matter of time til this affects each of us individually.

Thanks Obama!

Last edited by bbbbmw; 02-17-2015 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #2
other_evolved
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Borders wide open? Check.
And have been since the inception of the Nation.

Quote:
Border Patrol hamstrung? Check.
And receiving the most funding and resources that it has ever in its history....so, not sure about "hamstrung."

Quote:
Catch-and-release? Check.
Definitely a problem that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately it hasn't by this administration, or any in recent history.

Quote:
Cut loose drunk-driving illegal alien uncle Onyango Obama, without deportation? Check.
Sketchy as fvck.

Quote:
Invitation in Central American newspapers to send their kids to America? Check.
I haven't heard of this. The Administration published an ad like this?

Quote:
Release illegal criminals from jail, into the US? Check.
Same issue as the catch and release.

Quote:
Executive Order on Immigration? Check.
I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, it's a cost efficient method of identifying illegal immigrants when budget constraints won't allow otherwise. Also, as I understand it it only applies to those born here of illegal parents, right?

On the other hand, it undermines the long line and hard efforts of people going through legitimate avenues of becoming a US citizen.

Quote:
Bypass Congress on Immigration? Check.
We'll see what the various lawsuits end up deciding.

Quote:
Give illegals a check for $1,000 per child from the IRS, for kids not even living in the US? (Maybe not even kids that exist, as there is no verification) Check.
I think you're embellishing a bit, no? I'm guessing you're referring to the extra child tax credit. There's no verification, more or less, for anyone claiming this.....citizen or not. I agree that illegal immigrants shoudln't be getting tax refunds, but it's not as easy as calling the IRS and having a check handed to you.

Quote:
Let's go ahead and release illegals in the US when they are caught driving drunk:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...drivers-draws/

Thousands of US citizens are victims of crimes by illegals - now our law enforcement is being instructed to release illegal immigrant drunk drivers on the US population. It's a matter of time til this affects each of us individually.
I'm thinking this is comign down to a scarce resources problem. Despite record funding, border patrol agents are running out of places to house these people. It's a triage situation.

Quote:
Thanks Obama!
And Bush, and Clinton, and Bush and Reagan and every other politician......
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

The EO gives amnesty to many already here, who happen to have dropped a new citizen onto the earth. It would also give them a green card for registering. I would be worried, as an illegal, that they are just tracking me and probably give less than 100% truthful information

For the tax credit, I have to include my child's SSN and birthdate.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
other_evolved
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

For the tax credit, I have to include my child's SSN and birthdate.
Same....and that's what an illegal would have to do, as well, as far as I know. I suppose that's some sort of verification.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #5
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

SSN and birthdate are forms of verification. I think first year with my youngest, tax guy missed a digit and we had to correct since the 2 didn't match
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
other_evolved
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
SSN and birthdate are forms of verification. I think first year with my youngest, tax guy missed a digit and we had to correct since the 2 didn't match
This is my first year doing it, so it's good to know that they keep a close look on that.

So, I wonder what is being referenced in the OP, then.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #7
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

General hate and discontent?

I think Obama is doing an extremely poor job myself, but I don't like using hyperbole when there is enough regular screw-up to go around.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235

From the article:

"The Department of Homeland Security issued the advisory, which informs agents in the Tucson, Ariz., sector that they have three options if they encounter suspected drunk drivers -- detain them at the request of local law enforcement, detain them without the involvement of another agency or let them go."

2 of those options include detaining the driver in question. Sounds like bbbbmw didn't actually read the article he or she linked. Or bbbbmw has a serious reading comprehension problem.

Hey bbbbmw, when you post blatantly dishonest or misleading information, you damage your own credibility.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #9
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal235 View Post
From the article:

"The Department of Homeland Security issued the advisory, which informs agents in the Tucson, Ariz., sector that they have three options if they encounter suspected drunk drivers -- detain them at the request of local law enforcement, detain them without the involvement of another agency or let them go."

2 of those options include detaining the driver in question. Sounds like bbbbmw didn't actually read the article he or she linked. Or bbbbmw has a serious reading comprehension problem.

Hey bbbbmw, when you post blatantly dishonest or misleading information, you damage your own credibility.
And if you read the paragraph following the one you quoted, you would see this:

"In stark terms, the bulletin explains which options put the officers at greatest risk of being sued. The bulletin warns the first option poses the “greatest threat” to an agent of a lawsuit.

Instead, the advisory, obtained by conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, highlights the third option – letting them “go on their way.” The advisory makes clear agents have no legal obligation to intervene in state crimes and that with the third option, “there is generally no liability that will attach to the agent or agency for failing to act in this situation.”

The bulletin, reviewed by FoxNews.com, goes so far as to say agents wouldn’t be liable if they allow the driver “to continue down the road and they kill someone
.”

So in other words, the option of letting them go is positioned by Obama's Department of Homeland Security as being the least risky in terms of liability for the agent. That's why even the agents are incredulous as to the recommendation.
      02-18-2015, 10:38 PM   #10
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
And have been since the inception of the Nation.

And receiving the most funding and resources that it has ever in its history....so, not sure about "hamstrung."

Definitely a problem that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately it hasn't by this administration, or any in recent history.

Sketchy as fvck.

I haven't heard of this. The Administration published an ad like this?

Same issue as the catch and release.

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, it's a cost efficient method of identifying illegal immigrants when budget constraints won't allow otherwise. Also, as I understand it it only applies to those born here of illegal parents, right?

On the other hand, it undermines the long line and hard efforts of people going through legitimate avenues of becoming a US citizen.

We'll see what the various lawsuits end up deciding.

I think you're embellishing a bit, no? I'm guessing you're referring to the extra child tax credit. There's no verification, more or less, for anyone claiming this.....citizen or not. I agree that illegal immigrants shoudln't be getting tax refunds, but it's not as easy as calling the IRS and having a check handed to you.

I'm thinking this is comign down to a scarce resources problem. Despite record funding, border patrol agents are running out of places to house these people. It's a triage situation.

And Bush, and Clinton, and Bush and Reagan and every other politician......
I can't figure out how to comment in-line, dang it...

Borders haven't been wide open since the beginning - look at Ellis Island. And it used to be that if you were caught by the police for being here illegally, you were deported. And then when they started looking the other way (in the 1970's), you got deported if you broke the law. Now you get to stay regardless.

The Border Patrol is thoroughly demoralized, as they are changing diapers and can't do anything to enforce the border: http://articles.latimes.com/2004/aug...on/na-border24

In 1954, Truman deported over 2 million illegals. Who says it can't be done?

Obama's Druncle is still here, even after a drunk driving conviction: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1536067

If you lived south of the border and got this leaflet, how would you interpret it?: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...illegally.html

It's not the same as catch-and-release - these are criminals being released from US prisons directly into US communities, to "await their deportation hearings" - why should there even be a hearing, if you are here illegally and have been convicted and sentenced for a crime? http://cis.org/ICE-Document-Details-...elease-in-2013

Here's the Inspector General's report showing where illegals were paid $4.2B in the Additional Child Tax Credit, in 2011 (nothing has changed). The credit gets paid to you, and you don't need a social security number - just an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) to file taxes and get the credit - per child: http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditr...01141061fr.pdf

Last edited by bbbbmw; 02-18-2015 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:52 PM   #11
NickyC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

This is one of those issues where you really can't be a partisan. Both sides are as equally complacent and guilty of allowing illegals in. Like countless other crucial issues facing this dying nation, your elected officials on both sides of the aisle have lied to you.

You might as well save yourself all the aggravation and come to terms with the fact these people are never leaving nor being deported. In fact, millions upon millions more will continue streaming across the borders. Tyrannical governments just love poor, uneducated people they can enslave and make dependent on the government, thus increasing their power. This is not a novel idea to either the right or the left, but rather one they share.

As well, if you find yourself on the right, prepare to never win a national election again.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:58 PM   #12
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
This is my first year doing it, so it's good to know that they keep a close look on that.

So, I wonder what is being referenced in the OP, then.
If you are here illegally and working without authorization, the IRS still expects you to file taxes. You can get an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) from the IRS, and use it to file taxes. When filing, you can also claim a $1,000 tax credit per child (and the child doesn't need an SSN either). If you don't make much money, that tax credit gets paid back to you in a check. There is no way to verify if you have the kids, much less if they are even in the US.

Here's the Inspector General's report from 2011, identifying this fraud as a $4.2B problem in 2010 alone. The entire program pays out $22.7, so the fraud by illegals is close to 20% in this program alone.

http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditr...01141061fr.pdf
      02-18-2015, 11:05 PM   #13
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
This is one of those issues where you really can't be a partisan. Both sides are as equally complacent and guilty of allowing illegals in. Like countless other crucial issues facing this dying nation, your elected officials on both sides of the aisle have lied to you.

You might as well save yourself all the aggravation and come to terms with the fact these people are never leaving nor being deported. In fact, millions upon millions more will continue streaming across the borders. Tyrannical governments just love poor, uneducated people they can enslave and make dependent on the government, thus increasing their power. This is not a novel idea to either the right or the left, but rather one they share.

As well, if you find yourself on the right, prepare to never win a national election again.
I agree with everything but the "give up" part...

Interestingly, I was looking at new homes in a town just north of San Francisco. The homes were nice, and fairly pricey. There was a section of small, box-like homes at the front of the neighborhood. The realtor said in order to get permits to build new homes, they had to dedicate some portion (I think 15%) of the neighborhood to "affordable housing" - homes priced much lower, that could only be sold to lower-income people. It struck me that the city was building a ghetto to house people who could serve the rich. All of the sudden, much of California public policy started to make sense...
      02-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #14
other_evolved
Major
Rep

Quote:
I can't figure out how to comment in-line, dang it...
Just add in "[/quote]" after the part that you want to snip and "[quote]" at the beginning of the next part

Quote:
Borders haven't been wide open since the beginning - look at Ellis Island. And it used to be that if you were caught by the police for being here illegally, you were deported. And then when they started looking the other way (in the 1970's), you got deported if you broke the law. Now you get to stay regardless.
What was the border patrol like back then? Did we have a wall up preventing people from coming over?

The issue at hand, again, seems to be scarce resources. Despite record funding for the department, they are overwhelmed.

Quote:
The Border Patrol is thoroughly demoralized, as they are changing diapers and can't do anything to enforce the border: http://articles.latimes.com/2004/aug...on/na-border24
That article is over a decade old, lol. So, should we blame Dubya?

(I don't hold any recent POTUS solely responsible for this issue....nor should anyone else).

Quote:
In 1954, Truman deported over 2 million illegals. Who says it can't be done?
The only time I've heard this referenced was in a chain email that was thoroughly debunked.

The current Administration has also deported its fair share of illegal immigrants.

Quote:
If you lived south of the border and got this leaflet, how would you interpret it?: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...illegally.html
That's ridiculous. Hopefully that has been stopped.

Quote:
It's not the same as catch-and-release - these are criminals being released from US prisons directly into US communities, to "await their deportation hearings" - why should there even be a hearing, if you are here illegally and have been convicted and sentenced for a crime? http://cis.org/ICE-Document-Details-...elease-in-2013
Again, scarce resources. Bloated prisons, long line to see a judge, etc. all contribute to this mess. It's not Obama mandating this.

Quote:
Here's the Inspector General's report showing where illegals were paid $4.2B in the Additional Child Tax Credit, in 2011 (nothing has changed). The credit gets paid to you, and you don't need a social security number - just an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) to file taxes and get the credit - per child: http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditr...01141061fr.pdf
Also ridiculous and I'm sure has been going on for years, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #15
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #16
Gle8
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4Mc

By directing all your rage at Obama for these things (true or not) you're doing absolutely nothing to help solve them.

Democrat, Republican, Left, Right, Conservative, Liberal....these are all just words. Fact of the matter is that Government serves at the pleasure of Big Business, and Big Business doesn't give a damn what way you lean as long as they get what they need.

So your 'rage' does nothing but take away from real issues, and possibly real solutions.

Go ahead and blame Obama all you want, the same things will keep happening no matter who is in office.

Partisan rages make me sad for the nation.
Appreciate 2
      02-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #17
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Just add in "
" after the part that you want to snip and "
Quote:
" at the beginning of the next part

What was the border patrol like back then? Did we have a wall up preventing people from coming over?

The issue at hand, again, seems to be scarce resources. Despite record funding for the department, they are overwhelmed.

That article is over a decade old, lol. So, should we blame Dubya?

(I don't hold any recent POTUS solely responsible for this issue....nor should anyone else).

The only time I've heard this referenced was in a chain email that was thoroughly debunked.

The current Administration has also deported its fair share of illegal immigrants.

That's ridiculous. Hopefully that has been stopped.

Again, scarce resources. Bloated prisons, long line to see a judge, etc. all contribute to this mess. It's not Obama mandating this.

Also ridiculous and I'm sure has been going on for years, unfortunately.
Here's a profile of the 1954+ deportations (I was incorrect - it wasn't Truman, but Eisenhower):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

Bloated prisons? 30% of the CA prison population is illegals - perhaps there's a cause/effect? Long lines to see a judge? Why is there a reason to see a judge at all? You're caught here illegally - you get put on a bus south.

No - the payments to illegals under the EITC is new with the Obama Immigration policy:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ts-who-didnt-/

Illegals (under Obama's Amnesty program) can get Social Security Numbers. There's also a concern in Congress that there is no way to keep them from voting in elections, once they have an SSN.

Funny how when the Obama Administration runs the country off the rails, the Left accuses all politicians of being the same...
      02-21-2015, 09:18 AM   #18
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gle8 View Post
By directing all your rage at Obama for these things (true or not) you're doing absolutely nothing to help solve them.

Democrat, Republican, Left, Right, Conservative, Liberal....these are all just words. Fact of the matter is that Government serves at the pleasure of Big Business, and Big Business doesn't give a damn what way you lean as long as they get what they need.

So your 'rage' does nothing but take away from real issues, and possibly real solutions.

Go ahead and blame Obama all you want, the same things will keep happening no matter who is in office.

Partisan rages make me sad for the nation.
Seriously? We don't elect Big Business - we elect our politicians. As I said previously, it's funny how the Obama Defenders (and the Left) paints all politicians with the same paintbrush, or deflects to "big business" when the Obama Administration continues to wreck the country.

You can rage at that evil "big business" - let me know how that works out.
      02-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #19
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep

Your "Obama is wrecking the country" tagline is old. It's plain to see that no matter what the President does, you are against it. I swear he could say I like Ice Cream, and you'd rail against how Ice Cream is the scourge that is destroying out youth.

Going to start ignoring bbbbmmwww, might make this sub a bit better of a place.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #20
Gle8
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4Mc

Quote:
Seriously? We don't elect Big Business - we elect our politicians. As I said previously, it's funny how the Obama Defenders (and the Left) paints all politicians with the same paintbrush, or deflects to "big business" when the Obama Administration continues to wreck the country.

1) I'm not an Obama defender. Don't agree with many of his policies and actions. Didn't vote for him. But I'm not about to blame him for everything wrong in our country. By focusing on hatred or dislike of one man you are buying into the propaganda and serving no good purpose whatsoever.

2) We don't elect our politicians, big business elects our politicians. If you honestly don't see that, then this conversation is pointless to begin with.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #21
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gle8
Quote:

1) I'm not an Obama defender. Don't agree with many of his policies and actions. Didn't vote for him. But I'm not about to blame him for everything wrong in our country. By focusing on hatred or dislike of one man you are buying into the propaganda and serving no good purpose whatsoever.

2) We don't elect our politicians, big business elects our politicians. If you honestly don't see that, then this conversation is pointless to begin with.
I don't recall seeing big business in the voting booth next to me.
      02-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #22
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Big business was on the TV, radio and the road signs and not in the booth next to you. I'll grant that there are a select few who see thru those campaigns, but the rest of the sheeple easily overrun your and my thoughtful voting.
Appreciate 0