Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

07-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #1
Mr. Body Massage
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Lotus Elise

Common areas for rock chips?

Hey, new prospective owner here. I'm a big fan of paint protection film, so I plan on doing that to this car immediately when I get it. What are some of the places this car gets rock chips aside from the obvious front bumper? Does it get it on the rocker panel below the door, etc?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 01:57 AM   #2
Ionicsilveri8
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Donington grey i8 LCI

Hi, bought my i8 second hand and noticed that the previous owner had really scuffed the sills as he got in and out. The paint was almost through (but not quite) so I had some film cut to cover the sills on both drivers and passengers sides. Cleaned off the scuffs first of course!

You may notice that there is a piece of plastic trim on the inside (under the dash) that matches the colour of the leather? This is to protect the leather from scuffs as people get in. I’ve had the car a while now so have perfected the art, it annoys me though when I go to the dealers and on picking the car up, I have to clean these parts where the mechanics have taken less care than they should.
Appreciate 0