Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

09-01-2020, 04:32 AM   #309
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

''I never heard of that''.

Going back to this issue BOT's engineer told him on the radio when the race started (and during the race) that he couldn't give him more boost when requested at a crucial time and in any case he 'couldn't use it against his teammate' which was alien to him.
I've read everything up to here now but no one has addressed this.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2020, 05:16 AM   #310
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Going back to this issue BOT's engineer told him on the radio when the race started (and during the race) that he couldn't give him more boost when requested at a crucial time and in any case he 'couldn't use it against his teammate' which was alien to him.
Yeah my friend . It's for sure Wolff man is tickling the party buttons from behind the pitwall..
BOT is screwed like usual from one with a pokerface.. "MIB" !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-01-2020, 07:43 AM   #311
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
both cars were using the same mode as its planned my friend whats wrong with this? so if Bottas could overtake with the same mode he could he wasnt on lower power mode than Lewis or something.. unfortunately its not always up to driver which mode and duration for it.. Norris couldnt use his party mode for overtaking in the last lap as well for example.. this how things go in recent F1 because of limited fuel, tires or engine life..
      09-01-2020, 08:22 AM   #312
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
both cars were using the same mode as its planned my friend whats wrong with this? so if Bottas could overtake with the same mode he could he wasnt on lower power mode than Lewis or something.. unfortunately its not always up to driver which mode and duration for it.. Norris couldnt use his party mode for overtaking in the last lap as well for example.. this how things go in recent F1 because of limited fuel, tires or engine life..
Bottas asked engineer if he had one push to try to take Hamilton early just outside the one second DRS window. Engineer said he did but he could not use it on teammate because of an 'agreement' which Bottas knew nothing about.
Wolff then said after race that the hi-power overtake modes would be reserved for the RB...BOT: ''I never heard of that''.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2020, 08:34 AM   #313
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Bottas asked engineer if he had one push to try to take Hamilton early just outside the one second DRS window. Engineer said he did but he could not use it on teammate because of an 'agreement' which Bottas knew nothing about.
Wolff then said after race that the hi-power overtake modes would be reserved for the RB...BOT: ''I never heard of that''.
well he is the second driver of the team my friend cause he cant even keep up most of the time being better aside.. he had his 4th chance this year to change it but it didnt work.. you cant beat Hamilton just by more power.. otherwise Ferrari's could do it especially last year.. and worst case scenario even if Merc' d ban them not to race each other.. whats wrong with this it wouldnt be the first and the last team that would like to keep away their drivers to race with each other in F1.. Merc' can be biased to Hamilton who has 6 WDC already its easier to say than having it in pocket.. it pretty normal.. we ve seen worst in Schumacher era my friend.. and we ll keep seeing in the future there ll be lead driver in a racing teams.. next year Leclerc ll be Ferrari's clear leading driver for example or Max for Red Bull in recent years.. Albon was trying new parts most of the time not Max in free practices.. it was like that in Spa as well.. is it fair? well for me yes.. cause things need to balanced and Albon can change this in future if he can.. pretty clear..
      09-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #314
M5Rick
General
Rep

^ It still doesn't explain why only HAM and Woolf knew about the 'agreement'..it's big news my friend..can't be brushed under the carpet.The second driver can't be kept in suspense because its suits the manager's persona.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2020, 11:04 AM   #315
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
^ It still doesn't explain why only HAM and Woolf knew about the 'agreement'..it's big news my friend..can't be brushed under the carpet.The second driver can't be kept in suspense because its suits the manager's persona.
maybe Bottas acted like he didnt know it, maybe he didnt know it maybe he did it on purpose to make political move.. but importantly i cant understand why it bothers you this much cause Bottas could just leave Merc' or he could be better to beat Hamilton.. and he is clearly not good enough to lead the team since he couldnt do it in last 4 years.. wondering if Red Bull will tell Albon not to attack Max soon what ll be your reaction though my friend..
MKSixer34171.50
      09-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #316
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
maybe Bottas acted like he didnt know it, maybe he didnt know it maybe he did it on purpose to make political move.. but importantly i cant understand why it bothers you this much cause Bottas could just leave Merc' or he could be better to beat Hamilton.. and he is clearly not good enough to lead the team since he couldnt do it in last 4 years.. wondering if Red Bull will tell Albon not to attack Max soon what ll be your reaction though my friend..
Lot of maybe's from you but I think Bottas is being shortchanged, Albon can't be compared with Max as he's not close enough to him as BOT is to HAM. Nothing is bothering me but at the moment its a major topic on other sites that I see and something is very wrong at Merc with the way power is distributed seemingly for HAM at all costs and it's not through lack of trying on BOT'S part.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2020, 04:30 PM   #317
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Go back to 2017 when HAM kept VET off his back for lap after lap. By forcing the following car to slow down on the climb to Raidillion, which HAM did lap after lap to VET, the following car is compromised on the Kemmel Straight.

On the start, HAM had wheel spin which allowed BOT to gain slightly. As they braked for LeSource, made the turn and accelerated again, HAM had wheel spin which caused BOT to lift slightly. This made all of the difference in the world as they completed the climb to Raidillion and down the Kemmel Straight just as in 2017. And no one lifts at Raidillion...the compression from the G-Load actually bogs the engine down for everyone.

BOT has no orders to let HAM win. It's a bad trope.

Cheers-MK
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah my friend . It's for sure Wolff man is tickling the party buttons from behind the pitwall..
BOT is screwed like usual from one with a pokerface.. "MIB" !
On the power mode...HAM was not allowed to use it in Australia when he could have done so on BOT. This is what the pit wall was discussing. HAM couldn't use it then, BOT wasn't allowed to use it now.
I addressed both points, gentlemen. Autosport also agrees.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      09-01-2020, 06:09 PM   #318
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Special update !
And suddenly out of nowhere , Renault was a lot faster in SPA !
How can that be ?

As we saw RIC and Ocon were a lot faster during the QF and race in Belgium..
Well. IF this is true ... All I can say is WOW !

The article is in Dutch => https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/671...point-in-.html

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #319
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Lot of maybe's from you but I think Bottas is being shortchanged, Albon can't be compared with Max as he's not close enough to him as BOT is to HAM. Nothing is bothering me but at the moment its a major topic on other sites that I see and something is very wrong at Merc with the way power is distributed seemingly for HAM at all costs and it's not through lack of trying on BOT'S part.
of course there ll be a lot of maybes my friend until you can sit and have porridge with Bottas with no press folks around we might never know the answer..
and yes Lewis is the leading driver of the team its clear and its natural.. and for Albon part lets see what future brings..

Quote:
Special update !
And suddenly out of nowhere , Renault was a lot faster in SPA !
How can that be ?

As we saw RIC and Ocon were a lot faster during the QF and race in Belgium..
Well. IF this is true ... All I can say is WOW !

The article is in Dutch => https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/671...point-in-.html
well i guess while drinking their whiskey with a mountain view ceos sort the problem out.. since Merc' already using Renault engines on their road cars its not surprising and its beyond always nervous looking Cyril of course.. if its true wondered about the secret a bit..

Last edited by yco; 09-01-2020 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-01-2020, 07:30 PM   #320
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
M5Rick58879.50
      09-01-2020, 07:40 PM   #321
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

yeah Lewis is gone.. Charles' first lap world class.. both true and Italian accent and Carlos' voice and madlad hehe.. i like the song was the best mate..

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...paign=widget-2 ..
      09-01-2020, 07:47 PM   #322
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
yeah Lewis is gone.. Charles' first lap world class.. both true and Italian accent and Carlos' voice and madlad hehe.. i like the song was the best mate..

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...paign=widget-2 ..
Right mate . As the title says : "The Sweet Spot"
Give me a break..

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      09-02-2020, 02:13 AM   #323
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=yco;26636488]of course there ll be a lot of maybes my friend until you can sit and have porridge with Bottas with no press folks around we might never know the answer..
and yes Lewis is the leading driver of the team its clear and its natural.. and for Albon part lets see what future brings..

Anyone who has the more boost power is the no 1 fave of the wolf man my friend, it goes with the political message painted over the car
Wolff and HAM's fanatical obsession with overtaking Schumi's 91 wins and equalling the 7 world championships has taken on a new meaning.
There are also the many wins from Austria 2 to Spa even for GB 70 (won by Max) where the boost button was definitely plus with HAM and minus with BOT

Last edited by M5Rick; 09-02-2020 at 04:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2020, 02:19 AM   #324
M5Rick
General
Rep

^^^ 'Sweet spot' with low downforce found by Ricciardo,another fairy tale for some gullible fans.
Appreciate 2
      09-02-2020, 02:29 AM   #325
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Should be top of the pops in the hit charts my friend!
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2020, 03:32 AM   #326
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

09-02-2020, 04:24 AM   #327
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
On the power mode...HAM was not allowed to use it in Australia when he could have done so on BOT. This is what the pit wall was discussing. HAM couldn't use it then, BOT wasn't allowed to use it now.
I addressed both points, gentlemen. Autosport also agrees.
Sorry to bring up but I think you meant Austria 1 as concerns BOT's power mode, Australia was cancelled at the last moment when McLaren first withdrew.
Appreciate 2
      09-02-2020, 05:02 AM   #328
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Anyone who has the more boost power is the no 1 fave of the wolf man my friend, it goes with the political message painted over the car
Wolff and HAM's fanatical obsession with overtaking Schumi's 91 wins and equalling the 7 world championships has taken on a new meaning.
There are also the many wins from Austria 2 to Spa even for GB 70 (won by Max) where the boost button was definitely plus with HAM and minus with BOT
well can be my friend whats wrong with this if they obsessed with success? same way Red Bull is trying to make Max the youngest champion.. and its for marketing purposes.. cause Red Bull gives you wings..
      09-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #329
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Sorry to bring up but I think you meant Austria 1 as concerns BOT's power mode, Australia was cancelled at the last moment when McLaren first withdrew.
Correct. Thanks for the correction!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      09-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #330
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Correct. Thanks for the correction!!
Your welcome.
Appreciate 2